Frederick, Maryland

The message shown on my computer stated that my camera was “not responding,” no surprise there, it seemed that every time I tried to access my account over a number of months, the system did not recognize my password, nor when the alarm went off accidentaly, no one from Vivint contacted me, yet I faithfully paid my bills; even when I called about the orange service notice appearing on the panel and that the red lights on the camera were not lined up, did a serviceman appear at my door. When I sent Vivint a 60-day Notice and a 30-day Notice that I would not be renewing, the Rep advised me that by “Verbal Agreement” I had agreed to enter into another 42-month contract which they had back-dated to January 14, 2015, a whole year and a-half before my contract was to expire June 17, 2016, even threatened to send a $1,500 Invoice if I canceled.

Why, I was not in default of my current Contract. Their tactics are deceitful and not made in good faith. Their aim is to wrap you into another contract anyway they can.

BE AWARE WHEN YOU SPEAK TO THEIR REPS, they can be cunning! I would not recommend this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vivint Account.

Reason of review: Interchangeable use of Verbal Agreement and Contract. .

Preferred solution: End original contract expiring June 17, 2016.

Vivint Cons: Pressure to renew.

Comments