Reply by Vivint

Vivint thanks this customer for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. We apologize for any misinformation provided to this customer. Policy has been updated since this review was submitted and situations such as this are investigated on an account by account basis.
Author's

I talked this company on the phone 3 months before my contract was up after they called me and asked if I would like to renew my 39 month contract. I said why would anyone want to do that if I could go month to month, plus I am moving so I am not sure if I will need an alarm in my new house or not. Then I said do I need to do anything else to make sure it doesn't renew and he said no, just call us if you move and need a new system. Being the double checker that I am, I called in the day before I though my contract was up just to make sure everything was good. they told me that my contract was up the day before and that I needed to pay over $500 if I wanted out of my new year long contract. I was appalled. We actually accepted an offer on our house today and now have no idea if we need an alarm or not. The only thing that they could tell me is that they could extend a contract for 42 months??? They kept telling me that like it was a good thing?? I said I have been a good paying customer for many years and they have a record in the notes that I was not going to renew my contract, yet they still are going to charge me? I have read other responses saying if they do it for one person they have to do it for everyone and that is the cheapest answer ever. I can see if the company is controlled by robots how that could happen, but not with real people there. They mine as will fire their customer service department and have a NO recording when you call. Glad we never had any real emergencies because I would not trust an hourly worker with no customer service skills to be on point to call the police or fire department. I think I am going to send my $500 to them in pennies so it will give them something to do since they can't help the customers.

Thanks,

Chris

Review about: Vivint Customer Care.