Reply by Vivint

Vivint thanks this customer for taking the time to submit their feedback. Faulty equipment is replaced by our trained technicians, should the initial problem persist after that, we replace the faulty equipment with devices better suited for the customer’s lifestyle. All customers are made aware of the length of their agreement, both in writing on the face of
the paperwork and during a required pre-installation survey.
Author's
1.9K views

Me and my fiance purchased Vivint alarm services last summer.We had a door to door salesman come and said that we needed to get an alarm.That all our neighbors got one and their has been several burglaries in the area.BS. Well most neighbors got one,but no robberies,burglaries in area.Small quiet town.Well was promised install was free and we could cancel after 18 months.Well system is a joke several false alarms.We had Police called 3 times every time false alarm.Faulty motion sensor!

WE had tech out adjusted than replaced motion sensor.Still had problems.Police Dept had sent us a letter that we had to fix problem and they would charge us for each call,response.So we tried to cancel service.SO long story short had to file complaint with Ag's office. Vivint said we had to pay over 2000to get out of our contract.SO we eventually spoke to Investigators at AG'S. Office in Utah.Well shd said they haveso many complaints the assigned a Dept just to handle these complaints.Well we agreed to payback few hundred for install fees.But we were out the contract! Total crappy service,products,contracts.We.

Don't recommend Vivint to anyone.Total scam.The other day a salesman came to our door to sale us Vivint! Really Evan after we posted no soliciting sign and expressed our concerns.they still try total aggressive sales.Buyer's be aware..

Comments

I wish I had checked the BBB website before I signed with vivint. They lied and misled me, and now they won't do anything to make it right.

Same old story...."sorry, there's nothing we can do for you" One customer service guy even tried to put the blame on me and not the rep who lied to me. Vivint is manipulative to the extreme, and then completely heartless when you realize what you've just gotten yourself into.

My husband is on our fire department and he gets called out on so many false alarms because of vivint. Not only do they participate in immoral business practices, but their service stinks as well....

it is easy to have them stop taking money out of your accounts...just go to the bank and pay the 10 bucks or so it costs to put a stop payment on the account with vivint simple and easy and they can never take another dollar from you

We had their service for over 3 years and rarely used it. We moved out of our house and faxed the cancellation letter a month before we closed...

We got charged after we moved out in July- we called them and they claimed they never got our letter or it was lost and told us to email a cancellation letter. We didn't get charged in August so we thought it had been handled. now we are being charged for September. We called a couple times- first person we talked to said they have record of our cancel letter- next person said there is no record of them ever getting it and our contract auto renewed for another year...

And we haven't lived there for months!! They said there is nothing they can do now.

And we were threatened if we stop payment at the bank they will just send it to collections. What do I do to get out of this service???

Vivint acts unethical when it comes to cancelling service. They make it extremely difficult to cancel with long hold times and other tactics.

Whenever you call in regards to cancellation you are transferred to customer care aka (account retenetion department). These people try to play a fear factor game and insist that you need security. They try to be relentless with their sales pitch and will try to frustrate you. If you do manage to persevere and proceed to cancel service, they will invoke the 30 days notice that they require in an attempt to stick it to you.

I called in at the beginning of August to cancel serive. I was told they needed it in writing. I finally got around to faxing the written request to them on Aug 14th. They never responded.

I was billed again on Aug 28th and they refuse to refund the last billing because they claim a 30 day in advance notice rule according to contract. Please take heed and stay away from his company.

I surely wont miss them. You should never feel imprisoned with any service you acquire.

#519778

I cancelled my contract the day after purchase. They lie just like Kidcali said above with things thats happening in the neighborhood.

I would not recommend their service. In fact I was told by customer service today after calling, we have your cancellation notice but it takes awhile for it to go through so we keep charging your credit card.

When it finally goes through the system, we will give a full refund. My contract said 10 business days

Back in May of 2012 my 85 year old Mother accidently pressed her panic button which is of poor design, not recessed enough and doesn't take much to set it off. We were on the phone with one of Vivint's Customer Service Representatives giving them the Password and Pass code asking them to shut off the Alarm as all was well and we were in route up to her house.

They said that they had. Upon arrival there was a Salt Lake City Police Officer then shortly later a Rent a Cop showed up. She received a $100 fine for a False Alarm from the City and a $25 fee from Vivint.

Trying to talk to "Customer Service" laugh, explaining to them what transpired they said they couldn't help us. Asking to speak to a Manager again they said they couldn't help us.

There has to be a better service out there.

e first had your system installed in March of 2011 in Fruita Colorado. Your techs were efficient and your system worked great. The only problem we ever had was with your customer service / tech support. After a time change such as daylight savings time it would take about 2 weeks for our system to display the correct times. This was annoying because all of our programs were off by an hour…

All in all thought the service was good and having the ability to control the thermostats via our phones was definitely a money saving tool.

Then we moved to Texas…

We had our current system in stalled in late March 2012 and have had nothing but problems with every aspect from customer service to hardware.

The first installer – Jesus took almost 10 hours to install the system, there was an existing system that he took over.. He did not split out the individual sensors on our system – all doors were lumped together and all the windows were lumped together. When I questioned him about this he said that it could not be separated. He also installed 2 motion detectors pointing towards our windows.

Needless to say it did not take long to have the alarm to get tripped.. We have a pool cleaning service and when they came in the back yard this set off the alarm because of the motion detectors being pointed at the windows. I spent time on the phone with the support that blamed it on our 7-pound dog… The problem with this theory is that we had the same system (including motion detectors) in Colorado and our 7-pound dog NEVER set off the system there…

So moving on – we had top set up an appointment to have a different tech come out to look into the motion detector issue. The second tech came out and moved the motion detectors and also said that he set them so our dog would bot set them off. He also separated the windows and doors so that they were all individual sensors – so we would know when the BACK or FRONT door was opened and not just ENTRY door… He also did not have very nice things to say about the initial tech and that it should not have taken 10 hours to install.. Oh well – we were glad that the system was fixed so we moved on.

Or so we thought….

The motion detectors were not fixed.. our dog of a mere 7 pounds was still setting the sensors off. So as I drove to my second graders school play ( that I would end up missing the first part of) I talked on the phone with your tech support again. I ended up telling them to just bypass them permanently because you guys were incompetent and I was not going to take any more time out of my day to wait for a technician or waste time on phone calls for false alarms..

So they bypassed the sensors – so thus the system that I originally had set up, the original system that I signed a contract for was not installed in my new house because we did not have motion detectors.

Oh well at least we have the thermostats…..

The next issues was we were charged 60 dollars for our monthly service when we were told our monthly cost was 56.90… (or close to that). I called spent yet more time on the phone – customer service could not answer my question and told me that they would have to send the issue to the billing department that would in turn research the problem. 3 weeks later my wife receives a call saying that our monthly charge is 56.90 (or something close to that). I called back and asked where my credit was if the charge was not supposed to be 60.. I was told a credit was being put through.

Now back to the Thermostat problem. I discovered that the upstairs thermostat was not communicating with the control panel – thus it had been stuck on 72 degrees for who knows how long (insert loss of money and high electric bill). I called tech support and was told that they needed to get yet another tech out to look at it. I inquired about the credit (it had been a couple of weeks by this time) and there was no credit… That was the last straw!

I tried to cancel your service but was told you have 2 choices:

1. Pay us 1995.00 ( the remainder of your contract)

2. We will continue to pull 60 some odd dollars a month out of your account until the contract is fulfilled.

Well since we have no choice and are being held hostage by your company – we had a tech come out that day and install repeaters or wireless control modules to strengthen the signal in the house. It was funny the Tech was the same tech that installed the system and he said this is a big house they probably should have been installed in the first place….. WOW that’s funny!!!!!! (NOT AT ALL)

Oh well now I feel warm and fuzzy and safe as we go out of town knowing that the crack team at Vivint is protecting my home… OH wait why are they calling???

Vivint called my wife’s cell phone on Sunday May 13th during my 7 year olds birthday party at Chuck E Cheese… Did I mention that I was at a Birthday party for my son?

I called back and found out that all of the sensors in our house are showing low battery.. that’s weird because they are all wired… So I sat on the phone yet again with your tech support for about 20 minutes, oh did I mention that I was at my son’s birthday party? I was assured that our house was safe and still armed… Not sure I believe any of that - if the sensors are showing low battery are they going to react if someone breaks in??? How should I know I am 2000 miles away – the time when I need your system to work guess what – you FAIL again…

So I set up an appointment for Thursday May17th between 11 and 2 and was told I would have to pay 49 dollars to get the tech out there… I was about to loose my mind at this – I stated very colorfully that I was not going to pay a dime…. After a few more minutes on the phone it was confirmed that I did not have to pay… So back to the party – did I mention O was at my 7 year olds birthday party.. Oh Yes that’s right I did..

So here we are on Monday May 14, 2012 and we receive an automated call that a technician will be out to our house tomorrow, Tuesday May 15th between 8-10.. WHAT, push 1 if this is not correct – OK I will push 1.. What it hung up!!

So here I am calling your tech support again – Did I mention I was out of town on Vacation – Oh yes I did. I know what we should do today – lets call Vivint and put them on speaker it will be fun for the whole family!!!

So I Digress – So I call and spend another 10 minutes on the phone to discover that “Wow that’s weird” and “I understand your upset” Customer service ***… To get the appointment set to the correct day, the day that was set up on Sunday..

So here I am writing this novel while on vacation – your right that’s my choice. You have pushed me over the edge, your company has fallen short of even basic service on every front but there is nothing I can do except bend over and take it..

In closing – I too work for a company, a very large company that I have been with or 6 years. Our customers are Contractors and Operators in the oilfield. We provide both hardware, software and service solutions to them but we don’t utilize contracts. We believe that if you are not happy with our solutions then you are not obligated to stay with us. WE STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCTS SO MUCH THAT WE DON’T ROPE PEOPLE IN WITH CONTRACTS! If you are not satisfied we don’t want you to have to stick around…. Hm.. Sounds like a good philosophy – Provide top-notch products and services and allow people to decide….

In closing I will be sending this to any one that will listen – Websites, Blogs, top officials of your company….

Your service and equipment have not lived up to your end of the contract since we have moved in the lease but that’s all right – your going to get your money right!! – in the end that’s al that matters to you correct – not that fact that you fall short on all fronts..

Thanks