Reply by Vivint

Vivint values this customer's feedback, and appreciates them taking the time to submit a review outlining their concerns. We are honored to be protecting their home and family and thank them for their service thus far.

We ensure each customer is aware of the length of their monitoring contract, both in writing on the face of the agreement and during a required pre-installation survey conducted with a corporate representative.

Vivint understands that circumstances can change and offers multiple solutions for customers in situations such as this. We encourage this individual to contact our Customer Loyalty team to explore these options and look forward to reaching a resolution that will satisfy both parties.
Author's

Three years ago we had APX (not Vivint) install a home security system. We were informed it was a three year agreement and we have been happy with the system for three years.

We are now finding that we have to cut back on expenses and were relieved when, what we thought, was our three year contract was ending. I called to cancel to find it was a 44 month contract, not a 36 month contract that we had signed. yes, our fault for not reading it closely but we were clearly told THREE YEAR contract....not THREE AND A HALF.

Due to government furlough, I am set to lose 20% of my income and all they can do is lower my bill IF I sign on for 2-3 more years. Not a great way to treat a customer.

Review about: Vivint Security System.