Product: Vivint Security System Clear all filters (198 of 198 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:
Vivint Security System

Vivint in Chattanooga, Tennessee - Cancel Us Not!!!

Vivint thanks this customer for taking the time to submit their feedback. The length of an agreement is detailed on the front side of the contract, the terms are also reinforced through a required pre-installation survey. We require a written notice of cancellation to be on file for at least 30 days prior to disconnection, the request for this notice is clarified on the
agreement.
Tags
  • Physical security

I have been getting false alarms from the same zone since this alarm system was installed. After the three year contract was over they still didn't let me cancel.

They put me on a one year contract that I didn't know about and now require me to cancel in writing. They even replaced the sensor and it still would give false alarms. They over talk you on the phone and refuse to let you cancel their service.

I wouldn't recommend this service to anyone.

They use to be called APEX Security Systems. After the changed name they changed for the worst.

Vivint in Birmingham, Alabama - Horrible system!!! Go with someone else!

We're sorry that you had a bad experience with out company! We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry. Our customers should be able to rely on us any time, day or night, which is why our reps are available 24x7x365 to resolve any issue that comes our way. If you're experiencing difficulties with your system or your service please give us a call at 800.216.5232, or email us at support@vivint.com for assistance. We also welcome any feedback on our products and services. Thank you!
Loss

Don't get locked into a contract with this company. I had this installed 7/2011 and still today 2/2013, the system does not work properly.

I have had numerous techs to my home. I have made numerous phonecalls, however, the automation part and cameras still do not work even though I have to pay for these services every month! I asked to be released from the contract several times because it doesn't work properly and have been told absolutely not! They send techs that don't have time to properly fix the problems, and then they leave your home in a mess with cameras off the walls etc and tell you to call them later and they will come back when they have time to troubleshoot some more!!!

I own my own business and lose $$ everytime I have to stop to deal with this. Do you really want this kind of company protecting your home?

Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback. In the event of malfunction, repair, rather than cancellation is the appropriate course of action. To minimize the risk of external factors impacting an appointment, Vivint gives customers a 3 hour arrival window....
Vivint Security System
Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback and for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. Vivint allows customers to transfer responsibility for their agreement and system to a third party; alternatively, the balance on the account can be paid off...
Vivint Security System

Vivint needs to stopped! door to door crooks

We thank this customer for their feedback, and for bringing this situation to our attention. Vivint aims to save customers money by using existing alarm equipment with their consent. Should issues arise, repair, rather than cancellation is the appropriate course of action. We understand the frustration that comes with a false alarm and we are committed to reaching a resolution. This subscriber is urged to contact our 24/7 Customer Care team.
Loss

I contracted with vivint for a home security system. During the instillation I immediately knew I was in trouble.

They began hacking wires in my existing security system. They spliced and mismatched componets of my system with their products and within hours it was malfunctioning. The first thunderstorm set in to motion a series of nightmarish problems. The thermostat began turning on the emergency heat raising the temp to 85-95 degrees.

The fire alarm going off in the middle of the night. They have refused to cancel the contract and I have enlisted legal assistance.

They are billing me in full.

Vivint fraud in texas

We thank this customer for their feedback. Vivint requests customers bring any issues to our attention so we are able to move towards a resolution immediately. All equipment installed (with the exception of batteries and screens) by Vivint is warranted for the life of the agreement. We do not charge for repair or replacement of warranted equipment. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration caused on our behalf and advise this customer to call into our Customer Care team. They are trained to address situations like the one outlined here and are available 24/7 at 800-216-5232.
Loss

It's great to know I'm not the only one ripped off but can anyone tell me how I can F@&ing do somthing about it I want to report them to athorities. A door to door salesman wouldn't leave till I got the *** system from vivint.

Then the keyless door *** became loose and my front door wouldn't close. They want $199 to replace it. No less than a month into it the security panel stopped working and I called for help n they said a service guy would go fix it. It's been 6 months n they bill me every month for a disconnected panel.

P.S the charger to the panel shorted and melted my wall outlet almost set my home on fire.

But they still want there money. I just canceled my bank account so they would stop STEALING my money.

Vivint in Los Angeles, California - Vivant - Poor Customer Service- System not working

Vivint recognizes the concerns of this customer. We apologize about the issues they encountered during the installation of their system. Incomplete installations are afforded priority and we are committed to reaching a resolution. We encourage this customer to contact our award winning Customer Care team at their earliest convenience. We are available 24/7 at 800-216-5232.
$2000

I am beyond frustrated with Vivint! I ordered a security and home automation package (plus tons of add ons) from Vivint via phone and a technician was scheduled to come out and do an install on Friday 10/5.

The tech gets here and says, "Oh no, this house is too big and this is way too much work; I don't have time today. You are going to have to reschedule." So the tech walks through the house and makes a bunch of notes and assures me that the notes will be passed off to the next tech who will be coming so that I don't have to do the walk through again. So I speak with Vivant to set up another appointment. The appointment was set for 10/10.

During that conversation, and the two others I had while confirming my appointment, each service representative assured me that the notes from the previous tech were in the file and that plenty of time was scheduled for the tech to complete the job. Again, 3 people assured me of this. Wednesday morning a tech shows up at 9am and says, "This is too much work, I have another appointment at 2 and can't get this all done." REALLY?!? I am sure you can imagine my frustration at this point.

AND he doesn't have any notes and I have to do the walk through again. So he gets on the phone with his boss trying to get another tech out to my house. That didn't work, so I called Vivint myself. After 2 phone calls with Vivint (each lasting 45 minutes) another tech was sent to my house.

These guys worked until 8:30 at night; so they were here for about 11 hours. At this point they were so ready to go home and things were forgotten. Mind you, these guys were very nice and did their best, but they hadn't taken a break or eaten in 11 hours. I did offer them snacks, but they were so polite.

The tech lost the keys to my doors, so I have no keys, which wouldn't be a problem if the automatic door locks worked, but they don't. The door locks don't show up on my iphone app or on the computer. So I had to call into Vivint agin to try and get the door locks working and get a key to my door. I spent an hour on the phone with Vivant and they couldn't figure out the problem, so they emailed someone and said it would be taken care of by the morning.

They also said they were going to get me an appointment so that someone could come out and make a key for my door. Well, who has the key? Is there someone out there walking around with keys to my house? This is unsettling!

Now I have an uneasy feeling, which is the exact opposite feeling I wanted when putting in a security system. Needless to say, my door locks still didn't work in the morning, so I called back in and spent another hour on the phone. I am now waiting for a phone call back to see if they can get anyone out here or fix my locks. At this point here are my outstanding issues: My door locks do not work from my phone or commuter, I have no keys to my doors, I am getting a low battery warning on all of my window sensors (about 20) which is causing my key pad to beep, the pan and tilt camera in my daughters room that worked last night does not work anymore, and the lighting in my house is all labeled incorrectly (ie.

it is labeled mater bedroom and it turns on the porch). Nothing is being done to help me! I have spent thousands of dollars and I am having so many issues!

A tech should be at my home right now fixing this. I am beyond frustrated and this is such an inconvenience to me!

Run Away from Vivint

Vivint appreciates the feedback from this customer. Accounts at least 1 year old that have been in good standing are eligible for deferment. While our smart thermostat is compatible with nearly the majority of HVAC systems, we cannot guarantee compatibility with all equipment. We encourage this customer to speak with our award winning Customer Care team to resolve the issues outlined in their review. We are available 24/7 at 800-216-5232.
Tags
  • Good luck

It started off with a sales guy played his tricks and wanted to replace security system that I had. I mentioned that I will be moving out soon and he mentioned that I could put the system in suspend mode temporarily until I move into another house.

First of all, the system installed died in first week for battery issues and then they never installed temaprature panel because the one they got does not fit to current A/C system I have. SO I am being ripped off already and now once I moved, they are saying that they cannot put me into temporary suspend mode. I am going to call the sales guy and see if he answers the phone. Anyone want to bet what the result would be :) Try calling into their call center for move department....Average wait is about 40 minutes and they received best customer service award.

Which *** gave that after all the problems posted on internet.

Based on the problems I have, there are other great companies that offer same or better features and service which I highly recommend to consider but most importantly good luck if you are with Vivint. I told Good luck to the vivint Rep that I talked to as I dont think this company will be there for long.

Vivint values this customer’s feedback and we appreciate them taking the time to submit a review outlining their concerns. Since this review was submitted, policy has been updated and situations such as the one clarified here are addressed on an account-by-account...