Reply by Vivint

Vivint thanks this individual for their feedback and time. We apologize for any misunderstanding or misinformation provided to them. We ensure all customers are aware of the length of their agreement, both in writing and during a required pre-installation survey.
Author's
Molino, Florida

Vivint salesperson told us they would give us the system for free. We would never have to pay for anything because we would be advertising their product for them. After we grilled him for an hour, we finally found out that there is a monthly charge for the cellphone connection! What a waste of time.

He kept stating - you will never pay a penny for this. Being skeptical, we kept asking questions trying to find the catch. After wasting an hour of our time, he slipped in there a statement that we would pay for the connection. Said it was only a $1.50 a day. HOLD ON NOW! I finally found what I was looking for. That was the catch. Within a minute of us discovering that, the salesperson left - without a deal (of course).

There's no such thing as a free deal!

Product or Service Mentioned: Vivint Security System.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 10, 2012.

Comments

I believe what the smarter post is that the salesperson made it seem that their alarm would be for- no strings attach- as long as he/she would allow to promote their product by placing a sign on the front lawn. I had the same explain to me by a salesperson.

He said everything is FREE- alarm system and installation. All I had to do is allow their company place stickers and yard signs promoting their alarm system. He claimed that he is only allowed to do a "free" alarm per section and I was the lucky homeowner. I kept on asking all questions.

He said monitoring was optional- but I can cancel after 13 months- just call and say I was moving out. I later found out that, it can take up to 13 months for them to clear their commission.

I cancelled on the spot when I confirmed with the alarm company he "represented" I am agreeing to a 3 years regardless if I move, lose my job...so don't believe what the salesperson tells you. But I can understand how Smarter thought he/she was actually receiving a free system with no strings attached.

Seriously? The FREE is the 1200-2000 worth of equipment they were going to put in your home.

The monthly charge is IF you want to keep it connected to the monitoring station. How about a FREE car? Oh wait, you will still have to pay to register it and pay property taxes on it every year...

what a scam. I guess I should have disclosed that to you !

So what is the point of this post? Did you think it was going to be free?

Did you get the alarm system? Did you try it?

If someone tells you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?

Common sense...