Reply by Vivint

We thank this customer for their feedback, and for bringing this situation to our attention. Vivint aims to save customers money by using existing alarm equipment with their consent. Should issues arise, repair, rather than cancellation is the appropriate course of action. We understand the frustration that comes with a false alarm and we are committed to reaching a resolution. This subscriber is urged to contact our 24/7 Customer Care team.
Author's

I contracted with vivint for a home security system. During the instillation I immediately knew I was in trouble.

They began hacking wires in my existing security system. They spliced and mismatched componets of my system with their products and within hours it was malfunctioning. The first thunderstorm set in to motion a series of nightmarish problems. The thermostat began turning on the emergency heat raising the temp to 85-95 degrees.

The fire alarm going off in the middle of the night. They have refused to cancel the contract and I have enlisted legal assistance.

They are billing me in full.

Review about: Vivint Security System.

Comments

Texarkana, Texas, United States #594796

I have had the exact same problems with my thermostate. It also did it in the airconditioning setting.

It got down to 55 degrees and would shut off and up to 88 and wouldn't shut off. They have replaced it with two different thermostates. My electric bill has been extremely high! I now have the CT80 that recently kept short cycling with my dual heat system that uses a gas heat pump for emergency heat and electric heat.

It caused my heat blower to burn up. Had to call someone to fix that and vivnt didn't even bat an eye over this issue. I have removed their thermostate and replaced my original and am having no problems like I have had with their thermostates over the last 1 1/2!

I have had NUMEROUS other problems with there equipment starting not long after they installed it. Considering legal assistance as well, any suggestions?

comments