Reply by Vivint

Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback. In the event of malfunction, repair, rather than cancellation is the appropriate course of action. To minimize the risk of external factors impacting an appointment, Vivint gives customers a 3 hour arrival window. Customers are typically called 1-2 days before the appointment as a reminder notification and we are available 24/7 to check the status of open work orders. We are committed to reaching a resolution and encourage this individual to get in touch with our Customer Care team to address any and all issues they may be encountering. They are available 24/7 at 800-216-5232.
Author's

I had a salesperson come to my house for Vivint Home security. When I agree to the contract, I was told it would be for a period of 36 months.

I was also told that I would be able to opt-out of the contract at any time. After having contacted Vivint, I was told that I had a 60 month contract with 6 months remaining.

I was also told that I could not opt-out of this contract, unless I found someone to take over the contract or pay the balance in full. The person on the phone then had the audacity to tell me that I could upgrade my system with a new contract and gain monthly savings through reduced energy usage.

Review about: Vivint Security System.

Comments

The exact same thing happened to me and I am also in the MD area. I was told 36-months of which I was prepared to pay off the remaining balance of my term when moving to a home with an existing system (different provider).

When I called the customer service center I was told my contract was for a total of 60-months. A huge difference if opting to pay out of my contract...

Love the service; however, having been mislead I will never renew or refer others.

comments