Reply by Vivint

Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback and for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. Vivint allows customers to transfer responsibility for their agreement and system to a third party; alternatively, the balance on the account can be paid off at any time. We require written notice of cancellation to remain on file for 30 days prior to cancellation and apologize for any misinformation provided to this customer. Corporate policy has changed since this review was submitted and we encourage this customer to speak with our Customer Loyalty team.
Author's

THree years ago I had a home security system installed in the place I was renting. At that time the company was called APX.

Do to circumstances I had to move and could not transfer the system to my new place. I called APX and explained they told me sorry, I have to keep paying until my contract expires and they did not have a cancellation fee. I they inactivated the system and it has been like that for over two years. I called this past summer to find out when my last payment would be they told me in November 2012.

At that time they should have told me that if I wanted to cancel the service be sure to call back before (30 days before due date to cancel contract in writing). Nothing was said. Well it is December and I noticed that my account was debited by Vivint. I called to inquire why and I was told it was an automatic renewal and they did not have a written cancellation request on file.

I told them okay, to go ahead and cancel it now and refund my money. They told they could do neither. Because I did not cancel before November that I was in a contract for another year on an alarm system I had deactivated over 2 years ago! They told me to try and sell my contract on Craigslist!

I am appalled at the their business practice. He told me that all of this was in my contract, yes it maybe there but it was not explained in that manner and plus it was over three years ago. I am going to get legal advice.

This is so ridiculous. These predatory companies need to sued or penalized for these types of practices.

Review about: Vivint Security System.