Product: Vivint Customer Care Clear all filters (93 of 93 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Vivint in Houston, Texas - The worst home security

Vivint thanks this subscriber for taking the time to share their experience. We are honored to protect their home and family and we value their feedback. This customer’s account has been credited one month of service to account for the time that their service was not active. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration caused on our behalf. The time in which it takes to dispatch a technician to a home is dependent on multiple factors.
Vivint Customer Care

I have had ongoing problems with low batteries on several of my door sensors. Every time I try to get a technician out they tell me it will be 3 weeks.

UNACCEPTABLE! Every time I call to talk to a manager they tell me they aren't available. This last time I was turned down for a faster turn around even though the customer service rep. just told me he could either disable the batteries so they didn't beep every two days so that I didn't have to call in or that the battery was running out anyway.

Are you kidding me??? UNACCEPTABLE! I'm supposed to live without a security system for two weeks? What is wrong with you people?

If you would have told me that it takes you 3 weeks to come out to peoples houses to fix problems I would have never signed a contract. Run, people, run.

Customer service said this wasn't a normal problem...well, I pay them every month like clockwork...it's your problem. I will tell everyone you are the worst!

Vivint in Alief, Texas - Misleading and horrible customer service

Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback, and for taking the time to submit a review online. We are reviewing their account and this situation, and have attempted to contact them to reach a resolution that will satisfy both parties.
Tags
  • Horrible cancellation

I signed up with vivint with hesitation, but the salesman told me they would put no holes in my wall and that the contract was easy to cancel if I changed my mind, so I thought I would try it. I realized after I saw the installation tech working that he had put holes in my wall and front door to install the equipment.

When I signed up, the contract says that if you cancel within 3 days, you will receive a refund in 10 business days and your equipment will be picked up within 20 days. 10 days after I cancelled, I still had not received a refund. The first time I called (10 business days after I cancelled), I was told that the earliest they could come out was June 26. Despite the fact that was more than 20 days after I cancelled, I was told that was the earliest appointment. At the time, I had no problem with this as long as I got a refund.

10 business days later, I still had no refund and it was a few days before they were supposed to come get the equipment. So I called to cancel the appointment and was told I am not allowed to cancel, only move, the appointment. I didn't want to return equipment if I was not going to get a

Refund, but I was upset they had broken their part of the contract.

They received my refund May 21,

and I finally got my refund on June 24.

When I called to talk to customer service about my complaint, they told me to talk to customer loyalty and transferred me. The guy I spoke with tried to help me before telling me to talk to customer loyalty. I told him they has just transferred me there and he answered. He said no, they close at 5 mountain time. So once again, they were misleading.

i called back to speak to customer loyalty and cancel my appointment. i don't want to let anyone from a company I no longer trust in my home. I also don't want to have a 'patch' on my front door where they put new holes to put their doorknob on. (They will be leaving my home less safe than it was before they came.) After realizing the person I was speaking with could not help me, I asked to speak with a supervisor. He told me that one was no available. I asked for a supervisor to call me back, and was told that is not the way they work and he couldn't guarantee that anyone from Vivint would call me. He then told me that if I was not available on my appointment date I would be billed a no show fee and immediately turned over to collections if I didn't pay it. Resorting to threats and refusing to let me speak with a supervisor is a horrible way to do business.

They are going around my neighborhood, and since I can't talk to anyone there about my issues, I have told my neighbors and am now posting here.

Vivint in Midland, Texas - Total Liars

Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback and for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. The process for discontinuation of monitoring service is outlined in bold print on the face of the agreement; Vivint also asks customers if they were provided with and educated on two cancellation notices during a required post-installation survey. We apologize for any misunderstanding or miscommunication and encourage this customer to contact our award-winning Customer Care team to resolve any issues with their door lock. They are available 24/7 at 800-216-5232.
Loss

Sales person was notified the same day as sale that I didn't want the system. Not what I was wanting.

They said if I canceled within 30 days there would be a complete refund. Called customer service before 30 time limit and was advised that there was a 3 day limit and the salesperson couldn't cancel the order. Didn't matter what salesperson tells you you have to read the fine print on the order which says you cannot cancel. Called direct line for sales person he won't answer or return calls.

Pushy, abrupt, unprofessional, etc.

Door lock doesn't work correctly from get to. They want you locked in for 5 years with bad equipment and service.

Vivint in Charlotte, North Carolina - Mr. roscoe anderson

We're sorry that you had a bad experience with out company! We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry. Our customers should be able to rely on us any time, day or night, which is why our reps are available 24x7x365 to resolve any issue that comes our way. If you're experiencing difficulties with your system or your service please give us a call at 800.216.5232, or email us at support@vivint.com for assistance. We also welcome any feedback on our products and services. Thank you!

ACCT.2691364 ROSCOE OR PRECIOUS ANDERSON

I FAXED 4 FALS ALARMS BILLS TO YOU PER MICHAEL IN CUSTOMER CARE. I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING BACK FROM YOU.

I AM NOT GOING TO PAY THESE BILLS AND PAY YOU TO. YOU ARE NOT HOLDING TO YOUR END OF THE BARGAIN. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE ASAP BY THIS WEEK. I WILL BE RE-FAXIING THOSE BILLS TO YOU TODAY.

I WANT TO CONTINUE TO BE A CUSTOMER BUT I AM PISSED RIGHT NOW. PLS CONTACT ME AT 336 602-9941 IF YOU NEED MORE INFO ABOUT THIS COMPLAINT SPOKE WITH MIKE IN CUSTOMER CARE AND HE GAVE THE FAX NUMBER TO FAX YOU AND ASSURED ME THAT SOMEONE WOULD HANDLE THIS SITUATION AND NOTHING BEEN DONE. I WANT THIS HANDLED THE CITY OF W-S ARE STILL SENDING BILLS.

I CHOSE YOU BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS AND LOOKS LIKE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT SERVICING ME. PLS LET KNOW WHAT YOU PLAN ON DOING ABOUT THIS.ITS BEEN ALMOST 2-3 WKS NOW.

Vivint in Miramar, Florida - Cancellation

Loss

First of all it was my fault for not completely reading and being locked to s 5 year contract.

Had trouble form the start, sensors would falsely trip the alarm and the batteries would die quickly, I could not change them myself because I'm a handicapped 80 year old. They would charge for the service calls to resolve these problems.

When the contract came up for renewal they did not make it easy to cancel service. Had to write and sign a letter stating the reason for the cancellation and follow up with a phone call. The request would go before a cancellation board to be approved. WTF

When I did follow up with a phone call, they claimed to not having received the first request so I sent them another one. I'll see what happens. If they claim to not having received the second and post more charges, will contact my Credit Card company and file a dispute.

Stay away from Vivint!

Very polite but extremely horrible customer service!!!

Vivint in Galveston, Texas - Poor Customer Service

Vivint Customer Care

Vivent provided free equipment to obtain my business and after staying with them for 2 years, I needed my system checked and a sensor replaced. They still provide free promotional equipment for new customers, but were not interested in checking my system and replacing 1 door sensor for no charge.

Vivent gives better service to new customers than they do to loyal customers who have honored their 2 year commitment. I plan to change providers, because I am not a captive client and I do not think I am expecting too much.

BTW - they have failed to maintain their equipment and want to charge when their is a failure of their equipment.

Vivint appreciates this customer’s feedback. A $49 service fee is standard for all customers who have not upgraded to our Premium Service plan; this policy is outlined on the backside of the agreement. However, if a subscriber feels this charge is unfair or...
Tags
  • Sales process engineering

Vivint in Greensboro, North Carolina - Worst Customer Service Award

Loss

I had a Vivint home security system installed in July 2012. Everything worked well for a few months before I continually had "network failure" messages. Apparently Vivint's network signal could no longer reach my house. They made quick efforts in trying to fix the situation by attempting to install three different signal-boosting antennas, with no success.

I then called a customer service representative manager and was instructed to put in writing the situation, detailing the failed efforts to restore adequate signal to the network, and my subscription would be cancelled without penalty.

That letter was sent and never followed up by anyone at Vivint. I gave them a month to address the issue and get back to me. It wasn't until I called Vivint and spoke with a representative, that any further action was taken.

Apparently they had to talk with the technician who tried to install the three antennas, and would then get back to me in a couple days. Well, that never happened, so I followed up the next week. I spoke with another rep. and he was confident he could address and solve the issue. Apparently, they were still waiting to hear back from the technician and a manager on the issue, and would get back to me the next day. (This ended up happening three more times).

Three days later I called back and spoke with yet another rep. After being put on hold twice, she said she was going to do some "investigative work" and call me back in one hour, promised. I expressed my frustration with never being called back, and she promised she would call back in one hour......that never happened either.

The following day I called back and spoke with another manager. He excitedly told me they just got a contract with a cell phone company and could install new equipment to access their network signal, but I was past them trying to fix the signal, after more than three months of spotty service and grisly customer service, I had no interest in staying a customer with Vivint.

I expressed my frustration of how this issued was addressed and no longer wanted to be a customer with them. They no longer would grant my contract termination without penalty because of this new contract they had with this cell phone company; which they didn't have when the network signal first started failing. The only option they would give me was to have the new equipment installed with a three month reimbursement, not to terminate my account, like they initially stated. I was told if I wanted to cancel, I would have to pay the early termination fee as addressed in the contract.

I can't help but think I was being strung along and this matter stalling until this deal with the cell phone company was closed.

It's ridiculous this matter took more than three months to be addressed unfairly and I refused the installation of the new equipment and wanted my account closed. After being told I couldn't do that, I asked to speak with a manager. After being on hold for almost 10 minutes, he told me "his manager's manager" agreed to cancel my account without penalty. I however, would not be reimbursed for the three months of intermittent home security due to the fact that the termination was based on their "good faith". How ridiculous! They didn't care about what was promised and the unreliable service for the past three months; not to mention the terrible customer service I received.

Don't risk the security of your family and your house to the nonsense Vivint has to offer.

Vivint - Horrible customer service!!!!!!

Vivint Customer Care

Ive been with this company for a year now.. They installed and new door handle with a security code on it.

It broke, and would not unlock with the key or security code nor would it lock, so my husband tried to fix it for 3 hours and called customer service twice. They explained to us "how to fix it" and it made it worse. Both said they couldn't do anything without us paying a service fee and the soonest they could have someone out was 9 days from then. I have 2 small children and all they said was "sorry we can't do anything else for you" the customer service lady and her supervisor were some of the most rudest, inconsiderate, and unprofessional people I have ever talked to.

I can't wait till my contact is over so I never I have to do business with them again! I do not recommend this security service to anyone!