Reply by Vivint

We're sorry that you had a bad experience with out company! We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry. Our customers should be able to rely on us any time, day or night, which is why our reps are available 24x7x365 to resolve any issue that comes our way. If you're experiencing difficulties with your system or your service please give us a call at 800.216.5232, or email us at support@vivint.com for assistance. We also welcome any feedback on our products and services. Thank you!
Author's

I read my contract. It was for 39 months and it said I needed to send written cancellation no less than 30 days in advance of the end of the contract.

I faxed written confirmation about 50 days in advance. Didn't hear a word from them. Contract ended and the next month, they took a payment from my bank account. Called them and they said they did have it on record that I was cancelling, but I needed to talk to a supervisor first.

I told them the contract said minimum 30 days written notice, they got it, it didn't say I had to talk to a supervisor so cancel and stop taking money from my account. They said they can't until I talk to a supervisor, but one wasn't available so I should call back. I said I was not calling back, they have the written notice that's all they need and I hung up. As soon as I got off the phone, I called my bank and put a stop payment on any future payments and sent Vivint another cancellation fax and told them again to stop taking payments from my account.

The next month, they tried to take another payment from my bank, which was returned as payment stopped. I thought they would get their act together at this point. NOT! I got a letter in the mail that my payment was returned from my bank, but not to worry, they'll double up next month.

Stop payments only work for the amount you advise your bank, so I closed the bank account I'd had for over 20 years so they couldn't get any more money that I didn't owe them. Then I called Vivint again and faxed them again....then the collection calls started. I told them AGAIN the account should have been cancelled 4 months prior, and they said they received a written request to cancel in Dec., I said NO, that was the THIRD written request, the first was sent in Aug and I had a fax confirmation that they rec'd ALL 3 of the faxes I sent telling them over and over to cancel. Surprisingly when they found out I had fax confirmations, the previous requests were located.

Long and short, they wrote off the 4 months I didn't owe and told my my contract was cancelled.

That was 2 months ago. They're still sending bills....

Product or Service Mentioned: Vivint Security System.

Comments

I'm going through the same thing with these guys....I paid out my contract and then 6 months later they started taking the fees out of my account again. I also put a stop payment on my account....worst company I've ever dealt with.

comments