Reply by Vivint

Vivint thanks this customer for taking the time to submit a review. A system is not installed in any home without completion of a pre-installation survey to ensure the terms, length, and pricing of the service are clear. Additionally, customers over the age of 70 are provided with an extended right of rescission. Vivint does however, require written notice of cancellation.
Author's

A salesperson from VIVINT somehow bullied my mom to install their service even after my mother said she needed to discuss it with me. He even got her to tell him her ss# and birthday. Something I always tell her not to do. My mother even told me that he said my husband was happy that she was getting this product when in fact he knew he was selling something and didn't want anything to do with it. Basically, he lied.

Trying to cancel this service was difficult. Customer service said I needed to send something in writing to cancel it and even then it wouldn't be a guarantee that she wouldn't be billed. She didn't even sign a contract with them. I asked customer service to get the salesman to cancel the contract and she said that he might not even be in the state and long gone. So it is in our hands to make sure the service is cancelled, and even then she could be billed for services.

To clarify, my mom lives alone and English is her second language. I live in a different state and cannot police everything. Dealing with them and not having all the information was difficult and I was very upset.

Be very careful about signing up with them, because it's tricky to cancel and there's 'no guarantee.'

Review about: Vivint Customer Care.

Comments

I had a similar interaction with them. I had my service installed 3 years ago.

I never use it, so I made the decision to cancel the service.

I contacted them 2 months ago and they informed me "you'll be charged the remainder of your contract if you cancel before your contract ends - it ends on October 2nd." So, today being October 3rd, I called today.

Now they're telling me "because you didn't cancel before your contract ended, you automatically renewed for a 1 year time period," and that I'm now under contract for a year. I've contacted management and am awaiting a call back (wish me luck...I'll be amazed if they actually do...).

comments