Reply by Vivint

Vivint values this customer’s feedback and we appreciate them taking the time to submit a review outlining their concerns. Since this review was submitted, policy has been updated and situations such as the one clarified here are addressed on an account-by-account basis.
Author's

I contacted Vivent on June 4th to cancel my service. I had been told by a salesman that once the original contract ran out, I was month to month. That was, of course, not accurate and the small print of the contract supported the company's position that the contract automatically renews for a new 12 month period if notice of cancellation is not received "no later than thirty (30) days before the end of the original term or any renewal term." I admitted that they had a "gotcha" in the contract and agreed that I would have to pay the remaining two months on my renewed contract. However, on June 6th I faxed, and received confirmation of receipt, notice that I wished to terminate the contractual relationship with Vivent effective July, 2, 2012. I also advised them to send the bills to my address on file. Fortunately they could not access the credit card I had on file. It took them nearly a month to finally send a paper bill, after several harrassing calls because I owed for the month that they could not charge my credit card. Each time I told them that when they send me a paper bill I would send in the payment. They repeatedly tried to get a new credit card number, which I refused to provide. I am convinced that if I gave them a new credit card, my miseries would be much worse.

Yesterday I received a new bill from Vivent for a payment outside of the renewal contract. When I called customer service to inquire why I was being billed as my service was cancelled, they informed me that it was not cancelled, but was in a cancelled pending status as I was supposed to call and confirm verbally that what I had provided in writing was actually what I wanted to transpire. I got upset and told them very directly, without use of any profanity, that I wanted to have the service cancelled per my written request and that I should not have received the bill nor should I have had to contact them as a result of receiving the bill. They said that I would need to speak to someone in the cancellation department. I refused to be transferred as I did not want to speak to anyone else. (I did not want to deal with all of the retention garbage.) I told them emphatically that I expected them to be able to advise their cancellation department of my desires. They said that they could have the cancellation department call me and I very emphatically told them that I did not desire to speak with anyone from their organization, I just expected all of this to end immediately. I then terminated the conversation.

I would encourage anyone looking for an alarm system to run from Vivent!!!

Review about: Vivint Security System.

Comments

arcgore

I was told the same thing by their sales representatives and now I am trapped as well in a one year contract for services I no longer use since I do not live at the residence. Very frustrating to deal with.

arcgore

I was told the same thing by their sales represenatives and now I am trapped as well in a one year contract for services I no longer use since I do not live at the residence. Very frustrating to deal with.

comments