Reply by Vivint

Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback. While we require a written notice of cancellation to disconnect service, Vivint has a moves team dedicated to protecting our subscribers regardless of where they relocate to. Customers are always encouraged to have their service moved with them. Corporate policy has been updated since this review was filed and situations such as this are reviewed on an account-by-account basis.
Author's
Newark, New Jersey
1.1K views

I signed a 3 year contract with them and had to move 2 years in. when i moved they stated i needed to retain the service as i signed a three year deal.

they would not take back the system they just wanted their money for the rest of the contract. Ok very mad but i did sign a 3 year contract. So after a very heated conversation with them i decided it was not worth the argument anymore and paid the balance for the remaining year roughly $600 and told them to cancel. now all most a year and a half later i get a bill at my new address saying they are going to send my outstanding balance to collections.

the bill was for $200 (4 months) they state that since they did not receive a written cancellation notice they renewed my contract for 1 year. Ok it gets even better when i contacted them stating that i canceled this service they said ok so i would just need to pay for the remaining term of the 1 year extension ($600).

they where unwilling to do anything about this. After threatening a law suit reporting them to BBB talking with almost all of their management staff they finally credited me for the one year extension but this took hours and action before they would do anything.

Comments

I will say my real name I do not care. And if anyone has ideas about how to handle this please email me @ carolyn.black2007@yahoo.com

This initially started with a move.

I have until dec 2013 on this contract and I was just going to have them send me a final bill and pay the remainder. but now I am pissed. We were in the process of moving when we returned to the old house and the alarm was going off becuase the side door was open. This was at 6pm at night and the alarm had been going off since 4 am.

I never recieved a call from them. So I called to find out why and the rep. said I haven't been monitored since feb 2013. This is a couple of days ago.

Well they sure as *** have been taking my money every month. So I call back sat. to talk to billing. She tells me it hasn't been monitored since jan.

WtF. I have been paying every month and now I have been paying for nothing. Of course I call today and there is no way they can compensate me because the unanswered alarm just happened friday. What about the months of payment for no service.

Im going to report to the consumer agency here in texas. Any thing else I need to do because I am royally pissed

Fail.

Sucks you signed into a 3 year contract and *** happened and you have to move. ALl you have to do is call vivint and they have a department for moving the system into your new home.

Its not their fault your situation resulted in you needing to move. You still have a signed agreement with the company for another year.. Either pay for it, or set up for a tech to come move the system into your new home..

These complaints are not very legit ones. Seems like its all issues are with you and not vivint.

Vivint has refused to stop debiting my account since May 2011, I have relocated and have paid $350.00 since relocating! They give you the run-a-round, refuse to transfer you to cancellation and discourage you from getting any help!

I have exhausted myself on many occasions in my communicating with them. I have repeatedly verbalized my right to revoke their unethical, unauthorized debiting of my checking account (the last time was Nov 1, 2011) I also emailed them and they went right ahead and debited me again today (Dec 2 2011). How can a company commit to protect us when in fact, they are robbing us, holding us hostage to illegal, unethical, trickery and dishonest practices. This behavior is outrageous!

Just because apx changed their name to vivint , it doesn't give them a clean slate. They are crooks!Period

@Loyalty to vivint doesn't mean

I have never felt compelled to respond to one of these posts; however, what you described is more or less what happened to me (and most other Vivint customers I'm sure).

If Vivint won't behave in a professional manner, we must protect ourselves. You can always stop paying for what you are not getting. Stop payments can be placed on auto debits, new bank accounts and credit cards can be opened and the old ones closed or having a balance low enough that the auto withdrawal cannot be made. After all, if they are stealing from you by not providing goods and/or services for which you are paying, you should have the right to protect yourself. If you do this, see how quickly they start calling you.

I learned a long time ago that if you ^%$# with someone's money, it will get their attention.

Also, read the back of your contract, specifically. paragraph 4 - Buyer's Right to Cancel. It lists the various conditions for cancellation. For example, if you don't get the goods or services promised, within 30 days, you have one year in which to cancel. Do it in writing, by mail and email; keep a paper trail; in short, be a real pain in Vivint's southern hemisphere.

I'm not sure of your age so you may not remember the big Ford scandal when a lot of Ford's car doors rusted out very quickly and very badly, a group of consumers got together and formed FORD (Fix Our Rusty Doors). What they figured out was that Ford could blow them off individually but a big group makes big noise and gets a lot of press. No company wants that - not even a sucky company like Vivint. Perhaps, we need to form a similar group to get Vivint's attention. After reading all the complaints online, I don't think it would be too difficult to raise a substantial group.

I wish you the best of luck with this. Regards, Not Gonna Take It.

I was actually an APX customer. I just recently moved and had not even thought about the security system because it did not work properly so I haven't used it in the year prior to moving.

What made me think of the security system is that Vivint double billed my account. They would not review my account until I had the verbal pass word that they had to send me.

Just now after getting off the phone for the last two hours I have to send them a bank statement showing that they double billed me and that they supposedly sent my refund back in October. I would not recommend this company to my worse enemy.

Vivint sucks! Why on earth did you go with them?

vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints vivint complaints

vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews vivint reviews

vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint vivint

comments