214 views
Verified Reviewer

1.3

I have had so many problems with Vivint customer service and tech support that I just cant stand it anymore. I dont feel like I can count on Vivint to protect me.

Below are some of the worst experiences Ive had with Vivint.I wanted a panic button for my bedroom, so customer service said they would need to modify a medical emergency button. But when I needed help, I pressed the panic button and instead of calling the police, they reached out through the panel to ask what my medical emergency was. This actually happened twice, so I dont know if Ill get help from the police the next time I need it.My Internet speed was improved, which made the old panel and camera incompatible. So I had to pay for the new panel and installation.

Then when I replaced batteries on two of the sensors, the panel wouldnt clear. The alerts remained. When I called customer service, they said the sensors werent compatible with the new panel. She offered to send me two new sensors, but repeatedly encouraged me to install them myself, that it would take weeks to get the sensors delivered and get a technician out here.

So I replaced them myself. She said they wouldnt replace the other sensors because they were not creating a problem yet. Then she reset my panel, and as a result, the main exit door was no longer recognized, so I had to keep calling to get that straightened out.Last month, I called to see if I could just order the rest of the compatible sensors (ten more) and was told that the ones I have are working fine and that if I wanted to replace them, I had to buy them at $50 each and install them myself. I was told that I couldnt buy them from anyone except Vivint, that your company is the only one that makes them.

I explained that the way some of the sensors were installed (upside down) blocked my access to open the sensor and replace the batteries. He said I should just peel them off, replace the batteries, and stick them back up. These have been up for years and I think if I take them down they wont stay up. Then Ill have to call customer service again and beg for more new sensors.

I sent the above list to customer service on 5/14 and received no reply.

Then I resent the email on 5/26. Still no response. Then I contacted Alarm.com on June 4 and they said they would reach out to you. It was a last ditch effort to get help.

I shouldnt have to go to a partner of yours for help getting in touch.And just today in speaking with Customer Loyalty, I was only offered one sensor since the other ones werent creating a problem yet.

I dont want to go through this every time I need to replace a sensor battery.Every time something like this happens and I complain, the account manager just reduces my monthly cost and says itll never happen again. Now Im told I dont have an account manager, so I really dont have one source for help.

They won't let me cancel unless I pay have the monitoring cost and pay off the equipment.

User's recommendation: Run fast and far away from Vivint!

Product or Service Mentioned: Vivint Security System.

Vivint Pros: Have an app that allows access from somewhere else.

Vivint Cons: Cancellation policy, Being lied totold i cannot cancel, Not caring about your system problems, Terrible customer service, Short-term thinking - only doing the bare minimum.

Comments