On June 13, 2016 Vivint came to our home and sold us an Alarm system complete with a doorbell camera, cameras, thermostats, and the main panel.

On June 24th we went out of town and had workers working on our home. When we returned from out of town on June 26TH and were looking for recordings of when the workers were there and there were none. All recordings prior to a few days before were gone. We were told upon installation there would be recordings for at least 30days. The panel also froze during this time and we had to call customer service on June 27th. We were on the phone for a total of 141 minutes with no resolution so they scheduled someone to come out to our home a week later. We requested the technician to come out in the evening however the next day we received an email with an appointment time for the morning which resulted in another 14 minute phone call with Vivint.

During the phone call on June 27th we were advised they would credit our bill for the time the panel was not working correctly. This never happened.

The next couple of weeks the panel continued to freeze up and the recordings would go missing. Vivint came to our home several times to try and correct the issue but eventually replaced the panel on July 12th I believe. We were also contacting them continuously over the telephone.

On July 28th I came home to a 90 degree home. The thermostats had disconnected from the panel. We got the thermostats hooked back up but the AC would not turn on. I had to leave my home for the night and stay somewhere else with my children and dog. I contacted the technician we had been working with directly and he came out to my home the next morning and could not determine what the issue is and advised us to contact an HVAC company.

I have had to call and AC Company in to determine what the issue is and they have suspicions it is related to the thermostat but are still working to determine what the issue is.

August 2nd and 3rd we have decided to cancel service with Vivint due to the ongoing issues we are having. Please be aware the thermostats still do not work. Although the panel was replaced the recording only go a few days back and the panel still freezes. We have tried to work with Vivint continuously to get these issues resolved with no resolution. We have only had this system a month and a half and have been on the phone with VIVINT over 10 hours. They have been to our home going on 5 times. Upon speaking with Vivint we were advised they would not let us out of the contract even though we have continuously worked with them and the issues persist.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of vivint security system from Vivint. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Vivint to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Vivint for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

#1196552

We're in the same boat.We signed up and installed on 6/22/16, quit working on 6/23/16.

We've been on the phone hours arguing with these people. A techs been out 4 times. Replaced the outside camera, still does not record properly. We've been trying to cancel since 6/24/16.

We're told no notes have been added to the account. It looks like we're going to court.

I was told numerous times that if they couldn't get the equipment to work, then I could cancel.Lie, lie, lie...They broke the contract first by not suppling the equipment and services that we signed up for.