139 views
Verified Reviewer

2.2

I contacted Vivint a while ago to get monthly pricing. They called and texted everyday until I decided finally to call back the number they were calling from.

I spoke at length to the rep and got pricing for monthly monitoring and equipment finance which was around $70 a month. I also inquired as to the cost if I purchased the equipment upfront. I was told (on a recored line) that there is a "significant equipment cost reduction if I paid up front instead of financing which made sense to me. He danced around a lot when I asked questions, but I got to a price of around $!!40.00 with a free doorbell camera and free installation, $31 a month monitoring.

I gave a deposit on my CC and had an install appointment 1 hour later.

That should have been the first red flag. The installer arrived and was very nice, looked at the areas for cameras etc, and gave me the truth: they cost was closer to $2500. He went outside to speak with his boss and I could hear some angry discussion. He came back and said the install was canceled.

What a complete waste of my time and energy. I would encourage anyone getting pricing to document everything.

User's recommendation: beware.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vivint Security System.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Vivint Pros: High end product.

Vivint Cons: Switch and bait, Customer service.

Location: 100 Bellevue Way Southeast, Bellevue, WA 98004