120 views
Verified Reviewer

I was out of town when they stopped by my house to sell me a Vivint system, but they talked to my wife (whose name is not even on the mortgage). She ended up falling for it and had them install the system and the contract.my wife and the salesman talked to me on the phone while I was out and I told him we would be moving within a year, so we didn't need the service.

He told me we could keep the system and service for a year than when we moved, we could either cancel the service or transfer it to the new homeowner, so I said fine. I never signed the contract. My wife (not on the mortgage) did though. The salesman never told me the equipment being installed was going to cost $1700 and that it would have to be paid out for 60 months.

Now we have moved and the new homeowner has already transferred the services into his name, yet they are still charging me for the service (double dipping) because I have only paid off 12 months out of the 60. Now if I cancel my account it will cost me the rest of the $1300 left for the equipment and another $1100 for early cancellation fees, also, not clearly stated in the contract, nor ever communicated to me over the phone by the salesman. The new house I purchased was supposed to already have the equipment installed (and did during the walk through) but they told my seller they had to remove all the equipment because I would be getting new equipment for security reasons (me having to purchase another $2500) worth of items.

But they told me that I could leave my equipment at the old house and the new owner would just sign his name over to it. I 100% do not recommend this company to anyone ever.

User's recommendation: 100% do not let them sell you their services.

Preferred solution: let me out of the contract without paying any cancellation fees and without paying off the rest of the equipment that I no longer own..

Vivint Cons: Misinformation, Company was not up front with there cancellation policy, Customer service sucks, Supervisor and his response.

Comments