map-marker Daniels, West Virginia

Vivint - Security System Review from Daniels, West Virginia

Have had Vivant security since September of this year and have problems with it ever since have had to call about four times to complain about either the cameras or panel not working correctly , they always say they'll send but it takes a week or more to get it fixed and all that time we're without protection. Had two guys come out to fix it the day before bridge day and worked on the cameras and panel and now the camera is offline and not working and the panel also is not working correctly and keeps saying its offline, I've also not been able to use the app for the phone since then either.

Called to cancel service they were happy to do that if we could find someone to take over the contract or pay 2500.

Don't have that kind of money to pay. I'm very disappointed with the service I have gotten and will not be recommending them to anyone.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint would like to thank this customer for their review and for bringing their concerns to our attention. Upon further review of this customers account I am showing this customer had experienced a problem with the cameras that they have in the home. We have successfully reset the cameras with the customer over the phone and are waiting on one of a field service professionals to visit the customers home to adjust the camera settings at the customer’s request.
Damaged or defective
map-marker Ridgeland, Mississippi

Vivint - Service Cancellation Review from Ridgeland, Mississippi

Giving is totally crazy. They tell you it's easy to cancel.

I cancelled on 9/11, got call today 12/2 service still active.

Told that because I didn't a letter that I was never told about that service is still active. They asked that I submit letter now and in 30 days, 1/2/15 I would need to call and cancel service again

Vivint Reply:
Vivint would like to thank the customer for their review and for bringing their concerns to our attention. Upon further review of this customers account I am showing the customer originally called in on 9/13 stating that she was moving and wanting to cancel. At that time the Vivint representative explain the cancellation options as well as the possibility of moving the system to the customers new home. The customer stated they would talk to their new landlord about having a system moved to the new location. The customer next contacted Vivint on 12/2 stating the account should be cancelled however it was never cancelled. The Vivint representative then explained to the customer that in order to process the cancellation of the account they would need to pay the past due amount and submit a notice of cancellation. Once the past due amount has been paid and the notice has been on file for 30 days Vivint would be able to process the cancellation of the account. If the customer has any further questions they are encouraged to contact our customer loyalty department at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to further assist.
Clarabell Mqb
map-marker Osoyoos, British Columbia

Vivint - Cryptic and shady cancellation process even after contract expired

I have contracted with Vivint for 3.5 years, a 42 month contract. The contract is set to expire this month, so I called in to cancel my service. I have been informed from the customer service agent that:

1. Sorry, we have to bill you one more month because your Notice of Cancellation has not been on file for at least 30 days.

2. Yes, we should have called you, and there are teams of people that "usually do", Customer Service Agent promises up and down that she's sorry we weren't contacted like everyone else supposedly is, but please kindly cough up one more month of service fees because we're a company with predatory and shady practices and we're unable to process your cancellation in time before the next billing period.

3. You need to follow up with us if we haven't called in 50 days, otherwise you will continue to be billed. Vivint claims they have to follow up with a phone call after the Notice of Cancellation has been on file

4. If you never had called in the first place, Vivint will continue to bill your account until the end of days, even if me, the account holder, had passed away cold dead.

These statements above are VERY representative of the conversation I just had on the phone. I'm extremely disappointed that it is this difficult to CANCEL SERVICE ON A CONTRACT WITH THE TIMEFRAME COMPLETED AND EXPIRED!

Vivint, shame on you.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint would like to thank the customer for their review and for bringing their concerns to our attention. Upon further review of this customers account I am showing that they originally contacted Vivint on the 28th of October to request the cancellation of the account. Vivint requires a 30 day written notice of the customers desire to be cancelled per the agreement the customer signed. Once the customer sends in written notice they will need to follow up with our customer loyalty department at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to assist with furthering the cancellation process.
Reason of review:
My contract has expired, yet Vivint thinks it's OK to keep charging me at least one more month (thus the $50.00 value of loss) even after LEGAL TERMINATION. Their "customer service team" DID NOT contact us, agent said they should have.
Preferred solution:

Just cancel the service and do not take any more payments beyond my contract period.

map-marker Utah, United States

Moved due to Health Issues, but Company Keeps Taking Our Money

We installed Vivint in our home when a young man came over and went on for 15 minutes about how much crime there was in our neighborhood. Not long after, medical circumstances required early retirement for my husband, and we sold the home and moved to a climate that would help his health.

The buyers of our home did not want the Vivint service, and we had no one to sell it to. In our new place, a condo, we are forbidden to make any changes or installations such as Vivint. We have contacted them by phone at least eight times, but they refuse to terminate our service. On a fixed income, with limited income because of early retirement, the almost-$60 a month Vivint fee, for NOTHING, will continue on at least three more years.

They will not consider our circumstances. This is terrible business and constitutes a true hardship on us.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint would like to thank the customer for their review and for bringing their concerns to our attention. Upon further review of this customers account I am showing that the account has been cancelled and they are under no further obligation to Vivint. If the customer has any further concerns or questions they can contact our customer care team at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to assist.
Reason of review:
Had to move due to health issues, but company will not terminate service and continues to collect fees.
$2052
Preferred solution:

Terminate service but no refund required.

Billing issue

I loved my vivint system and I have always had positive things to say about them until today. I called about a billing issue, they billed 3 months at once, which they stated that they voided the one month then added it to my second month.

They stated they attempted to withdraw the amount, my bank confirmed no attempt was made. Then I got a notice about a late payment then after calling to resolve the issue they sent me an email stating I was current only to be triple charged on an account they stated they were unable to draw from when I called a rep (Jill) answered the phone when I asked she hung up on me I waited for a call back hoping it was a mistake but nope I called back and asked about the issue and the next rep just had no idea, he stated this happens then asked what I wanted him to do about it.

I asked for the courtesy of notifying customers if they were to withdraw more than normal just to make sure money is in my account. The Rep said they can't help, the rep had such apathy it left me with a bad taste for Vivint I hope the service improves but today they let a loyal and faithful customer down.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint has reviewed the account and apologizes for any frustrations or inconveniences that were experienced. After reviewing the account, it looks like there was a payment that was attempted to process that did not go through. In these situations, our billing department will call out to the customers to let them know that there is something wrong with their account so that they have time to call in and make a payment before the next month’s bill is posted. We would like to verify the contact information and would be willing to look at compensating this customer for the inconvenience. They will just need to email us with their account information as well as their verbal password to vivintfb@vivint.com so that Vivint will be able to assist them.

Let the company propose a solution

Vivint - Security System Review

Vivints currently product is not a smart home solution; it is a security system with a simple camera and an automated door lock. If you are looking for a smart home solution I would suggest you look else where.

There are cheaper and more versatile systems on the market.

Even Vivint's older products are more versatile than their current product. Maybe in a few years when they get their act together Vivint will have a good product but for now I would suggest you go elsewhere.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint would like to thank the customer for their review and for bringing their concerns to our attention. Vivint is a home security system, but is also a current leader in home automation. We offer various automated products, such as door locks, lamp modules cameras, and thermostats than can all be automated remotely, such as from a computer or a phone app. These devices can be set up by schedules to even help save you money, like the thermostat turning off when no one is home, or to keep your home protected, like the door lock being set up to automatically lock after 11 pm. If the customer has any further questions, we recommend he call our Customer Support team at 800.216.5232, open 24/7 for his convenience.
map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

System is down

Cannot arm home. No contact from Vivint as to they have a problem.

Tried arming home and system logs arming home but does not arm it. Called in and they said the alarm.com has a prblem and they are working on it. I asked why did not send out notice so the users would be notified, no answer. I then asked what was the time table and again no answer.

I asked why would a home alarm company have both mobile app and internet app run by same company (when you are providing security).

No answer and cannot tell me anything. Up until this point i was satisfied with the serivce.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint would like to thank this customer for taking the time to bring us their questions. After reviewing the account further, Vivint is unable to see any persisting issues from our end. We would be more than happy to review the account with the customer again if there are still persisting issues. In regards to the additional questions, Vivint does not monitor individual app systems and therefore will not contact the customer when an issue arises. However, we will certainly help the customer troubleshoot and if we are unable to fix it and have to send the issue to alarm.com, it can take up to 5 business days to resolve. Lastly, Vivint does have systems now that has a Vivint backend. If the customer is interested in contacting us for further information, we recommend emailing us with their account information to vivintfb@vivint.com.
map-marker Corpus Christi, Texas

Cameras out, wont be there to repair until month later!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vivent is still charging me the fees while I am forced to wait until

October to get a tech over. My failed cameras would allow thieves, rapists and murderers to come in at their leisure!!!!

The rep on the phone said they would give me credit AFTER they come and repair and obviously would not let me break their contract! Every time I try to check the camera online, it has a "Try Again" what a waste of money and I wish I had ADT again, these guy are a definite waste of oxygen.

Oh, and to the person that praised Vivent for being wireless, and thieves not being able to cut the lines, all "my" intruders would have to do is reach over and unplug the camera which plugs in right under the camera! DUH!

Vivint Reply:
Vivint thanks this customer for their review and for taking the time to reach out to us. After review of this customer’s account, we are showing the customer is having problems with the cameras that are installed at the home. However the security system in the home is still functional. We have arranged a time for one of our field service professionals to visit the home and resolve the problems with the cameras. Once we are able to confirm the cameras are working we will be able to credit the customer back for the time the advance security package was not working. If the customer is having any problems with the security system they are encourage to contact our customer care department at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to further assist the customer.

Full refund

Shane Jwt
map-marker Richmond, Virginia

Billing error, no accountability from vivint

I have for the past 2 months been dealing with Vivints billing department getting calls, voicemails saying my payment didn't go through. I called back, their system indicates an error, I understand system errors but it came out of my bank account so I know they have been paid.

I have emailed them multiple times showing that the amounts came out on my actual bank statements. I blocked out my personal information; account numbers, payees, balances, amounts of other transactions. This is personal information not relevant nor privy to Vivint. NOW the "supervisor" says she needs the balances accounts showing the deductions showing proof the money came out.

Seriously, is that even legal? Take some accountability for your actions. I have done what was asked of me to fix the problem, taking time out of my days to go back months and pick through the statements where Vivint claims they weren't paid. Now another obstacle?

This is ridiculous. Worst customer experience ever. If I ran my business the way that vivint did, I wouldn't have a job. I have contacted the better business bureau but unfortunately nobody seems to be able to resolve this.

When I asked about terminating my contact because I am so frustrated I was transferred to a retention specialist. Their idea of retaining my business was telling me to get somebody to assume my contract so I wouldn't pay an early termination fee. Why would I willingly put somebody through the *** I've been through? I told the representative I didn't want to cancel I love the service of the system, its the customer service that is horrible and would be the sole reason I cancelled.

They don't care. I keep giving them opportunities to fix the problem but Vivint does not care.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint thanks this customer for their review and for taking the time to reach out to us. After review of this customer’s account, we are showing that the problems the customer was experiencing with the billing of their account has been resolved. The customer was able to send in complete bank statements and we were able to verify the correct payments. If this customer experiences any further problems please contact our customer care department at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to further assist.
Problems with payment

Let the company propose a solution

map-marker Huntington Station, New York

One failing wireless sensor

One sensor keeps failing, for what ever reason it sets off the alarm early mornings (1 to 4 am), called Vivint for support. They had me change the batteries, to no avail.

They promised to send out a new sensor. More than a week has gone by and no sensor. Called again (9/5/14), tech promised to send out a sensor, they Vivint has no idea why replacement sensor was not sent to me. Again with a week to ten days wait.

I ask them to send overnight, he said OK. Now waiting for sensor. What good is an alarm system that's not arm able or has bypassed sensors?

They system is less than five weeks old. Not a very happy camper at this point.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint would like to thank the customer for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Upon further review of the customer’s account we are showing that the customer has been sent the sensor and should receive it within 5-7 days. If the customer has still not received the sensor after that time they are encouraged to contact our customer care department and they will be able to further assist the customer with making sure they receive that equipment.
Problem with delivery
Christorpher Olu
map-marker San Antonio, Texas

Repairs of your system

I have no cameras after a month and they called today and said it will be about another month. I will never use Vivint to protect my dog house.

Anyone that reads this and still is thinking about Vivint has been warned. This is no joke for security for your home " they do not care people" listen to me.

I have had Vivint for 2 years but when something needs repair they are based out of Utah and do not have the resources to maintain their systems. I can tell the difference between them and a larger company at this point of my contract.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint thanks this customer for their review and for taking the time to reach out to us. After review of this customer’s account, we are showing that we have been more than willing to work with the customer to rectify the problems they have experienced with the cameras. Vivint has offered to replace the customers cameras with night vision cameras at no charge per the customer’s request. Vivint has also offered to credit the customer 2 free months because of the camera problems. The customer has refused both offers from Vivint and has not responded to requests for follow up. If the customer has further questions in regards to the cameras they are encourage to contact customer care at (800) 216-5232.
Shakyla Aug
map-marker Laurel, Montana

Vivint has charged me money after cancelling a "free trial period"

I was given a free trial period by a pushy salesman that wouldn't allow me to think about the decision to receive a security system. He said he could install it and I could think about it for 30 days.

I decided to cancel. I contacted customer service who directed me to billing. This person informed me of what I need to do to cancel. I was given the option to fax, email, or mail.

I faxed, and emailed within the given time period. The product was removed promptly.

I was charged $226 at that time. I waited to see if it was an error and would be removed, but instead I was billed $64 a month for a product that is no longer installed.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint thanks this customer for their review and for taking the time to reach out to us. After review of this customer’s account, we are showing that the customer account has been cancelled as per there request and any money they have paid is in the process of being refunded back to them. Should the customer require further assistance they are encouraged to contact our customer loyalty department at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to assist further.
IS STEALING MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT

Full refund

map-marker Racine, Wisconsin

Disrespectful and lack of customer service

My contract is up so I will not continue my month to month service with Vivint due to the lack and disrespectful customer service I received when my entire system has been and still is down for over a month now. I have been a loyal customer for years and while I don't mind paying for top service equipment ,I refuse to pay for disrespectful customer service and the fact that I am paying for a security system to protect my home and my family that doesn't even work,and no one at Vivint seemed to care about that but was more concerned about payment of a non working system is beyond me.

I wonder why the Service department and billing department never talk to each other. I think you guys need to fix this very important part of your company, the customer should never have to call so many different numbers and repeat the same information to the different departments. I also feel bad for recommending your company to so many family members and friends in the past I hope their experience is not like mind.

In the future pay attention to your customers and treat them with the respect and understanding you did when you first talked to them about your system and please fix your systems in a timely manner no one should wait months for system repairs ,and remember the reason why your doing business in the first place ,to help people feel safe in their home, and to that point you have Failed.

If you have any question , although I'm not expecting any communication due to the lack of your customer service ,feel free to contact me. I just hope this reaches someone that can make a difference.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint thanks this customer for their review and for taking the time to reach out to us. After review of this customer’s account, we found that the following the customer’s account has been cancelled as was there request. In the event that a customer needs a field service professional to come out to the home Vivint works hard to find a time that works for the customer. In some cases there is not a time that will work for the customer so our scheduling department will work on finding a professional who can visit the home during this time. In this instance scheduling was able to find an appointment but the customer had requested to cancel therefore the appointment was cancelled.
map-marker Bossier City, Louisiana

Sorry service and lies

We Have had a lot of problems with vivint. It takes two weeks to get anyone to come out.

Alram going off for four days before I unpluged it. Had a appointment to move service to new house for two weeks , We where told to be at the old house from 8am to 11am noone showed I called and was told he went to the new house. Now they are tilling me I have to wait two more weeks . I am tired of paying for something I cannot use.

I will be reporting this to the BBB.

I would not till anyone to use vivint. No custerment service and you cannot get a pone number to anyone in corporate, So now it is back to the waiting game!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vivint Reply:
Vivint thanks this customer for their review and for reaching out for help in this situation. Vivint apologizes for any inconvenience that may have been encountered. According to our records, the customer has an appointment scheduled for 8/16/14 between 5:00pm and 7:00pm. Vivint will be installing a system at the customer’s new home and will not be picking up the old system first. If the customer needs to reschedule or has any questions about the situation, please call us at 800-216-5232.
map-marker Birmingham, Alabama

Vivint - Security System Review from Birmingham, Alabama

I had another security system installed in my apartment because my home is having major renovations being done. I explained to the representative that I was keeping my main system. For some reason I can no longer look at my system on line nor can I set my system I have spoken to at least fifteen people no one has a clue as to what to do I am truly frustrated.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint thanks this customer for their review and for taking the time to reach out to us. After review of this customer’s account, we found that the following action has been taken: Our online backend team has been requested to merge the customer’s two online accounts into one, allowing her to access both her home and apartment. Due to the nature of the request, it may take a few days to complete this action. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank this customer for their patience in this matter. If, after 3 more days, the customer is still not able to log into both services, we request that she call Customer Care at 800-216-5232 or chat in at vivint.com so that we can take further action to remedy the situation.