day 1 The install went well.... system worked good

6 MO later system went down..

service tech was called out after a 2 week wait. tech told us that the 1st tech installed the system incorrect is why it wasn't working. he removed the inside panel from the kitchen wall and moved it closer to the front door. mind you my house at the time was less than 1year old and now left with 1 big hole and couple little holes in the kitchen wall.

" vivint wouldn't fix the holes but did give us two months free of service when they where actually supposed to send a check for the repairs. system worked for a little while but started having nothing but ongoing issues. got to the point where I was tired of wasting my time on the phone with support trying to fix the on going issues. got to the point where we wouldn't even use it...

basically paying for something that doesn't work. shame on us for not cancelling sooner but thought we where under a 5 year contract "per vivint rep" to only find out that once we paid off all the equipment we purchased EARLY we where no longer on a contract so there for here we are today. Vivint when it worked was great but my experience was not good and now stuck with 2,000 dollars in useless equipment. Pay attention to the finer print especially when you sign the contract...

Vivint has no control over the equipment once they install it... it is all through the bank and hold you to the 5 year contract unless you pay it off early... Vivint also didn't want to take owner ship of the original install when it was done incorrectly and caused the holes in my wall. They did in fact give me two months free for the issues.

and that is about the only thing good I can say. just all around not a happy customer.

I would not recommend VIVINT and actually now have to eat crow cause I did recommend Vivint at the beginning to lots of my neighbors and they bought the system... yes they have issues as well just not as bad as mine.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vivint Security System.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments