1.8
Equipment Quality

I was offered a 4 week trial for a Vivint alarm system by my sales rep. Near the end of the trial I decided to cancel the service. Initially the Customer Loyalty Program (CLP) reps refused to honor the trial because my sales rep did not make note of the offer. After that initial frustration was resolved, I worked with a CLP rep to cancel the service and schedule the removal of the system from my home.

The system was removed and I believed that my account was cancelled. This was untrue. I was billed twice for alarm service, despite the fact that I did not have any alarm equipment in my home.

I spoke to numerous CLP reps to resolve this issue and I received conflicting information on the state of my cancellation. I was told that the account was in cancellation and I was also told that my account was active.

Ultimately I was given three options 1) cancel the account with penalty (buy-out), 2) down grade my equipment (that I do not have!), or 3) continue paying for the service despite the fact that I do not have any equipment to provide me with the service I am paying for.

Why would anyone remove the system from their home without cancelling the service? If that doesn’t make sense, it’s because it doesn’t.

I believed I cancelled my account in June and because I have no records I can not prove this. I am at the mercy of an unethical company that would rather bill a customer in excess $60 a month for the next 3 years for a service they are not providing rather than behave ethically and cancel the contract.

epskips wrote the review because of "not honoring offers" at Vivint. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $280 and wants Vivint to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service and not honoring offers. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Vivint vivint home security system for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Vivint?

Comments