1.7
Equipment Quality

I purchased a system 18 months ago with a Smart home panel, Space monkey storage, Doorbell camera, interior camera, 2 thermostats, Glass break detectors, smoke detector. The space monkey worked for about 6 months then stopped downloading videos and photos.

The upstairs thermostat has lost connectivity with the control panel more times than I can count. - Space Monkey - I called and made them aware of the problem and we went through steps to find out what was wrong and to get it back online. No luck. They say "We will take yours and recover your content and load it onto a new Space Monkey, and send it to you.

All you need to do is ship the old one back to us with a pre-paid mailer. I did not get the pre-paid mailer and I have called back 4 times to request it. I have sent emails asking for this. No response.

So basically I have been paying for this part of my service and receiving no benefit for 12 months. - Thermostats - Installer wired the upstairs thermostat wrong which allowed the AC to work, but when heating seasons came I had no heat. Customer service concluded that the TStat was probably wired wrong. They sent a technician for this and I had to show him how to check voltage and educating him about Heat Pumps.

I ended up correcting the wiring mistake. Then later the TStat would not be connected to the control panel. After Hours spent re-teaching the TStat and the Control panel, they would connect and then lose connection within a week. More phone calls which are always an hour or more got me a "Range extender" because my TStat and the control panel were so far apart (1st floor to the 2nd floor, directly underneath, literally 10 feet apart).

Range extender quit working so they sent another. It quit so they sent a new product called a RPTR, which when I called to go through the setup of this device I found out this is not what you need and won't work. So we go through the set up again for the range extender. Meanwhile I tell them I'd like 2 things from them.

1. A new TStat because the one I have no longer senses your presence and lights up with current and set temp. The phone support says that the TStat never did this in the first place. 2.

A technician to do the set up of the range extender or whatever fix they throw my way next time and the inevitable troubleshooting that I've been doing. Can't get that without paying the Tech fee.

I actually like the products that I have and make use of them frequently (Camera, Doorbell camera, control panel, smoke detector. But all that good will is wiped out when you are forced to make the phone call to try and solve the problem and you know it's going to be a Marathon call.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vivint Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments