1081 Camino del Rio S, San Diego, CA 92108

Vivint came to my home around summer 2016 to sell me a home security system and take over my ADP contract. I was told by the sales person that they would handle buying out the remainder of my ADP account and told me my Vivint account would be for the remainder of the ADP.

(I think another year and a half). They set everything up and I signed up for their service. The sales representative had me write a letter canceling services with ADP and they put it in an envelope and wrote the address for ADP on it. They assured me they would be in touch with ADP to handle the transfer/return of their equpiment.

They took the old alarm system. A few months later I get a notice saying my ADP account is going in to collections as it's never been canceled. After less than 2 years I moved from the original service address and never transferred services. The apartment I then moved in to could not support the Vivint system (windows were not compatible with sensors).

I called to cancel services. I was told in the state of California I had to buy out the rest of my contract. I agreed. Nothing was ever sent and I was never contacted.

Vivint continued to charge me for a year as they do not allow you to cancel auto payments or your services online. As of August 2019 I have tried for 3 weeks via email, phone, and chat to get my services canceled. I am continually told only the customer Loyalty department can assist. However, when I wait to transfer or sit in chat I am waiting for 30 minutes to an hour and NO ONE from customer loyality ever picks up.I have requested they contact me during my off hours from work and I am never contacted.

I have been actively talking to employees of Vivant every 2-3 days for almost an entire month and they cannot get in me touch with anyone who can cancel my account, even though I canceled it already last year!

To top it off, this was the WORST security system I've ever dealt with. Constantly went off for no reason.

I was told multiple times my 12 lb cats could NOT set off motion detectors and they did every couple of weeks. Despite having brand new double pane windows a strong breeze or car backfiring would set those sensors off as well.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Vivint Cons: Being lied totold i cannot cancel, System does not, Not caring about your system problems.

• Security and monitoring