State: Illinois Product: Vivint Security System Clear all filters (6 of 198 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Vivint Security System Review

1.2
Worse alarm system company ever!!!i was robbed while me and my child were sleeping alarm faulty called Vivint no help at all
Bad quality
Vivint will get you in a contract and provide service throughout this time, however when the contract is up will not tell you that it will automatically go to month to month. I was no longer using the service as I had moved and had not sold my other house yet. I...

After expiration of contract they continue to take money out of my bank account ..I called ..sent email cancellation ..called several more times to cancel payments and they keep taking money out!!! Now I have to go to my bank pay a fee and sign a form to stop vivint from taking out money each month!!

Pist In Texas

Problems with payment

Vivint in Crete, Illinois - My system is still not cancelled seven months later...

Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback and for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. After further review of this customers account Vivint is showing the customer previously elected to re-new the agreement with Vivint for an additional 42 months. At this time the customer is with in terms and is not able to cancel the agree with Vivint. Vivint allows customers to transfer responsibility for their agreement and system to a third party; alternatively, the balance on the account can be paid off at any time. Should the customer have any further questions regarding cancellation they are encouraged to contact out customer loyalty department at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to further assist.
Vivint Security System
Pros
  • Contract time was fine
Cons
  • Harassing calls afterwards
Reason of review
service was to be cancelled
Preferred solution
Keep the prepaid $60 I did not use, fully cancel the account, and do not ever call or contact me again.
Tags
  • vivint harassing calls

Update by user Jan 27, 2015

After further review there is no installed system or signed agreement with Vivint; the only so-called agreement is verbal! My original agreement with Vivent was more than fully fulfilled on the house we sold.

The harassing phone calls are the reason we didn't renew with Vivint. Believe me, this company must be desperate to try to charge a retired couple for something they did not even install.

I have contacted their loyalty department many times; they do not assist. I strongly advise against anyone having any dealing with Vivint.

Update by user Jan 13, 2015

Following my "snail mail" letter to Vivint, they have stopped calling me but I have not yet contacted them to see if the issue is actually resolved. I plan to make that call in the future.

Original review posted by user Dec 12, 2014

We sold our home and moved last May. I cancelled the service, about two weeks prior to moving, by phone.

Following our move we continued to receive various calls from Vivint; each time I told them the house was sold and we no longer lived there. We originally planned to apply the two months credit we were owed (due to annual payments rather than monthly) to our new home, once it was completed. It is now December; our new house is not completed.

Vivint is calling me multiple times a day due to "late charges" from our previously cancelled account. After their badgering, there is no way that two months of credit would be worth using this company in our new home.

Vivint - False Statements

Vivint thanks this customer for their continued feedback. We take all claims of fraudulent sales tactics seriously and have a team dedicated to ensuring the professionalism of all representatives. Feedback such as this helps us to ensure that any issues are resolved quickly, and that those potentially affected by those issues are assisted. We have appraised the appropriate parties (including the aforementioned team) of this situation. We encourage any additional questions or concerns to be directed to our award-winning Customer Care department. They are available 24/7 at 800-216-5232.
Tags
  • Vivint FALSE STATEMENTS

Per Vivint: This customer is encouraged to contact our Customer Loyalty team at their earliest convenience.

I have been encourage to call Vivint's Customer Loyalty, however I have already called several times. I requested to speak a customer loyalty supervisor. The customer loyalty supervisor Zach Hughes has been in a meeting every time I called and has not returned my call.

I was told the supervisor's in the customer loyalty are very busy and normally do not return calls. I explained, I am also very busy and requested a supervisor contact me to resolve the matter, however I have not yet received a call.

I DO NOT want the Vivint Security System. I was told by the door to door Vivint's salesman that I had a 7 day trial period.

The salesman DID NOT point out the 3 day cancellation policy on the contact. Why would he, when he told me I had a week trial period.

I would like the system removed from my home due to False advertising by the Vivint's door to door salesman.

I DO NOT want to pay $49.99 a month for the next 3 1/2 years. $2,099.58

I wish that my husband hadn't answered the door.

Vivint - sketchy salesman

Vivint values this customer's feedback, and appreciates them taking the time to submit a review outlining their concerns. We are honored to be protecting their home and family and thank them for their service thus far.

We ensure each customer is aware of the length of their monitoring contract, both in writing on the face of the agreement and during a required pre-installation survey conducted with a corporate representative.

Vivint understands that circumstances can change and offers multiple solutions for customers in situations such as this. We encourage this individual to contact our Customer Loyalty team to explore these options and look forward to reaching a resolution that will satisfy both parties.
Loss

Three years ago we had APX (not Vivint) install a home security system. We were informed it was a three year agreement and we have been happy with the system for three years.

We are now finding that we have to cut back on expenses and were relieved when, what we thought, was our three year contract was ending. I called to cancel to find it was a 44 month contract, not a 36 month contract that we had signed. yes, our fault for not reading it closely but we were clearly told THREE YEAR contract....not THREE AND A HALF.

Due to government furlough, I am set to lose 20% of my income and all they can do is lower my bill IF I sign on for 2-3 more years. Not a great way to treat a customer.

Vivint recognizes this customer’s concerns and appreciates the time they took to submit their feedback. We understand that not every product fits every lifestyle and apologize for any issues with the thermostat, electronic door lock, or their refund. We urge this...

Contact Vivint Customer Service