89 views
Verified Reviewer

A sales rep visited my home in Aug. and Sept.

so in Sept. I sat and listened to his information filled the Paperwork out until it got to the part where he wanted to run a credit check on me, then I declined because no one has don that before, besides I already have monitoring, then he asked if my brother would want to obtain the service he took his information down. I then decided that neither of us wanted the serviced and declined verbally and didn't sign the application. Last week I got a notice that the application had been submitted and a credit check had been done on my brother and myself.

I called and left my complaint with a woman who said she would withdraw the application and alert Equifax to remove the credit inquiry.

She was suppose to send me an e-mail confirming all of this but I haven't heard back from her. I may have to go further if nothing is done.

User's recommendation: I would watch them tear the application up in front of you before they leave your home and check your credit afterward if you decline their service.

Preferred solution: Remove the credit request from Equifax on my brother and myself and send proof..

Vivint Cons: Transparency.