Fell for a Vivint door to door sales pitch, he said they would buy us out of ADT contract we were currently in, he said Vivint would only be $22 per month. We agreed, thinking he was telling the truth, the technician came an hour later to install main keypad, it was getting late so he said he would return the next day to complete installation.

Since we were not left with a paper or even a business card , we called the next morning to verify the costs. Turned out salesman totally lied about everything cost related and NO ADT contract buyout. So we cancelled immediately. Later, the technician came to retrieve the smartpad/keypad thing.

He explained he couldn't put the ADT keypad back on the wall.We said that's ok, we will do it. We reinstalled ADT keypad, there was no power to it. We looked at the ADT electrical panel located in a closet in our home and discovered he had purposely cut and destroyed all of the ADT wiring in that box so badly it cannot be repaired. We will have to buy a new one from ADT which we cannot afford .

So, I guess we will go buy the Ring security system and keep paying ADT until our contract is over. We did call Vivint, regarding the damage to our home and they just gave us the run around.

If I could afford an attorney, I would take legal action. This was an expensive and horrible lesson for us to learn to never ever let Vivint enter your home so I try to warn everyone I can.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Tech Caused Damage
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 17.

Comments