1.3
Equipment Quality

My mother moved to assisted living in December of 2017. We cancelled the home phone and Vivint unit started beeping.

My brother called tech support and they stated that needs landline. My brother said "cancel the service". Mom still getting billed at 8 months. Contact wirh customer service said they needed email requesting the cancel, yet this was never communicated to my brother.

They will only reimburse mom for one month.

Seems they are happy to take her money without any follow-up to home not being monitored! Filing complaint with BBB.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vivint Security System.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Update on this issue. After going to the top, I got a refund for the 8 months!

Only after finding the president on LinkedIn, and messaging him through this site, was I able to get anywhere. We are satisfied with the response.

Forget all about the BBB ; they can and will do nothing. They have no legal or representative authority and have no impact upon the dishonest.

Experience has taught me to cancel anything and everything in writing and serve the notice via Certified Mail return receipt requested. You then establish an unassailable and legally admissible timeline of events.

Keep copies of everything and all postal receipts. Be aware of "automatic renewal" clauses in fine print as well ; they are becoming a popular way to commit larceny.