Only had the system 10 months now, biggest mistake signing with them, have had three system down issues, today got locked out of house, because one keypad batteries died the other keypad at 20% would not communicate with app or keypad, said doors were unlocked but clearly not, was told i would need to call a lock smith, had to drill out lock so now do not have deadbolt lock on my house, was told few days to get rep out to look at issue, The Contracts are immoral and should be illegal, so to cancel contract you either have to find some sucker to take over contract or pay the full monthly fee for the remainder of contract, HOW does that work, even phone companies cant do that. Very pissed off company, or and so much fro freedom of speech, posted a visitor post on there Facebook page saying "Garbage equipment, Poor customer service, Horrible contracts" was taken down and I have been banned from posting on there page, just goes to show how this company is run.

This reviewer shared experience about "all of the above" and wants this business to "out of my contract". The author is overall dissatisfied with Vivint. The most disappointing about vivint security system from Vivint was cancellation policies and lies Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Vivint.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Security and Protection Services category for more informed decision or compare Vivint to other companies on our site.

Comments

I finally(!), after a year, got out of my contract. I had cameras that were yoyos, a move that caused the 5(!)-year contract to restart, and overall lousy service. They finally caved today, after I threatened Texas DTPA lawsuits.

Yes , it's time to sue Vivint; I spent 1356.00 at Best Buy for their "Smart Home System".. I had to leave town (which was the primary reason for getting the system installed).At about 90 days (not even the full 120 days)..

the system just quit working, I couldn't check in on security from my phone. I was several hundred miles away when this happened, and could not get back into town until April. The system was installed in Sept.2017...it failed Dec. 23, 2017..

I could not get back until April 2018. I spent hours discussing this issue and was assured not to worry, everything was probably ok, it was more or less an internet problem and they wanted to know if there was anyone I trusted who could go to the house to access the panel!HUH?Yeah, that makes perfect sense, just give somebody my key. When I arrived home in April, the system was not active, the panel had froze. The door bell didn't work, the out door camera didn't work, I was surprised also there was no alarm voice after my entrance.

They then said they'd send a tech out.Tech did not show up. They then rescheduled; Tech called and canceled, said, I'd have to reschedule. I got back online with the chat and made another appointment. She rescheduled for today May 3 from 10a-12p.However, I noticed I had an email I didn't open until yesterday ...

it was the chat operator saying Our chat was disconnected before I could finish scheduling the technician. Our system is having issues so it did NOT schedule the technician. I will try to schedule this a little bit later.I'll keep you updated. I said, WHAT?

I saved the chat, that confirmed the appointment. I still have not heard back.It has been months of pure b.s. -- at one point I spoke to their loyalty department and wanted a full refund because the service failed in the first 90 days while I was out of town.

They said they couldn't do that, but they credited 199.00 for past months of it not working.I am so sick of this... it's been a constant headache.

I've been working there for almost 5 years and totally agree with you. In short, the company on all levels is a nightmare to deal/work with.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada #1200993

Join Canadians who are beginning to organize and talk about a class action lawsuit re Vivint - if interested please email classactioncanada@yahoo.com

Posted by a burning mad Vivint contract sucker...