State: Florida Product: Vivint Security System Clear all filters (9 of 197 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Vivint in Miami, Florida - Cameras suck....dont waste your money

1.3
Total garbage....cameras are awful and dont record anytbing 20 feet away. Seriously run....Im stuck with a horrible useless system
Bad quality

Vivint Security System Review

1.3
Trash equipment, practically no customer service, cameras work only in bright light, and provides a false sense of security. Bars on windows would be cheaper than this rip off company.
Bad quality
2.2
My father opened the door for Vivint 2 years ago, while I was at work, and they signed him up for 60 months! Well, my father was 89 at the time with a touch of dementia. The system worked ok until 12/27/15. The panel just stopped working. I called the next evening to...
Vivint Security System
Pros
  • Equiptment at first
  • Speed when it worked
Cons
  • Lying about terms of service
  • Technical support
  • Contract
Damaged or defective
cancel service.
I was sold the Vivint service with the understanding that i could cancel the contract after 24 months, when in actuality the contract is for 42 months. Also when I tried to cancel, I was told that I would have to pay nearly $700 dollars for the components which were...
Misrepresented Contract
Preferred solution
Cancellation without futher actions or costs, reported to State Attorney's Office
Tags
  • Security Alarm monitoring

Vivint in Riverview, Florida - Never finished installing the system... nothing cost us a lot.

Missed three bedrooms (they were not connected to the system, we found it ourselves), came back (after months) and made it even worse (system read windows incorrectly... without touching them, they were activating system). Same was with a defective garage sensor (wind or rain was activating it). Anyway, using system with bypassing half of the house does not make too much sense. They refused to fix it (they want to charge us for completing their job which was never finished) and they refused to reimburse us. When we stop paying, they started bullying us (collection agency etc.) When we said we do not want them, they started to scare us with early termination fees (over thousand dollars). I think it is their way to "keep people" with them.
Vivint Security System
Cons
  • Harassing calls afterwards
  • Cancellation policy
  • Having my loyalty backfire
Reason of review
The worse company I ever dealt with!!!
2.6
The salespeople for Vivint are really nice and friendly but don't be fooled. You only have 3 days to back out of your contract before you're stuck. When we signed up we asked what happens if you need to cancel. We were told that it's not a problem and we would just...

2015-March Tampa : A team of VIVINT sales people in training were led by Richard Dale (marketing manager) into our community this week. Their goal was to sell wireless home alarm system and monitoring by stealing business away from existing ADT / Brinks customers.

Richard's sales pitch included free hardware and installation, as well as free surveillance cameras, plus smoke, glass break, Co2 detectors for a monthly monitoring cost of $40 on a 3-year contract.

While that may be a good deal for some, the issue for many of us "friendly" neighbors is that Richard Dale tried to play us off of each other, by telling prospects that so-and-so already signed a contract with him / Vivint when that was *entirely* untrue. Richard was hoping that would influence neighbors to sign on the spot ... but his calculated lie bit him in the ***. Not only were many of sharing his varying sales pitches, we knew he was using the same lie on both sides of the fence.

The sheriff's dept was called and he was escorted out of our NO SOLICITING neighborhood.

Word went out to the community about this, via our HOA broadcast messaging system and likely result in hindering sales.

Perhaps it's standard sales tactic to lie and trick potential customers. Richard Dale even tried getting neighbors to divulge names and details of neighbors, using lame tricks.

View more comments
Vivint Security System
Cons
  • Being lied to
  • Cancellation policy
  • Customer service
Cancelation fee was misrepresented
Full refund
Tags
  • Vivint Review
  • Vivint Misrepresentation

Vivint in Sarasota, Florida - Mrs. Jean Onasch

We appreciate this customer's feedback and were honored to protect their home and family from 2008 to 2013. Vivint has had the opportunity to review this situation to better understand the steps taken during the cancellation of their account.

Jean's Notice of Cancellation was received on the 16th of January, Vivint requires the Notice of Cancellation remain on file for 30-days prior to the agreement's end date but only requests a call to complete the disconnection of monitoring service. After reviewing the account, the agent Jean spoke with on May 15th informed her that the service would be cancelled, effective that day by stating that he was "finalizing the account today." With no objection from the customer the cancellation was processed. At this time, it appeared that both parties were under the impression this was the appropriate course of action.

We apologize about the issues this customer experienced with the disconnection and reconnection of their monitoring service, and as such are processing a refund in the amount of $53.49, for the customer's final month of service.

Update by user Jul 09, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a refund of $53.49 from Vivint around 7/5/13, as I had rather assumed this "processing a refund" was another of their runarounds. I would like to believe that the reimbursement means they have turned over a new leaf, but I still could not in good conscience encourage anyone to use their services.

Original review posted by user Jun 08, 2013

In June 2008, I was a fool and got hoodwinked into a five-year contract with APX Alarm, now Vivint , and have been paying for my mistake montly ever since. As I had signed this five-year contract, I did the honorable thing and held up my end of the contract despite being lied to before I signed it. More fool me…

In order to cancel the contract correctly at the end of its term, I e-mailed Vivint in January 2013 to find out the cancellation procedure, as I have read that Vivint is very crafty about avoiding cancellations. A young man named Chad responded that I was to send Vivint a cancellation letter, which I did in January 2013 (enclosed) and call thirty (30) days before June 13, 2013, the date of expiration of my contract, to finalize cancellation. I had him pinpoint the date I should call, May 15, to insure that we agreed on what date was thirty days before the end of my contract (copy of emails enclosed).

Just to make sure that I had my bases covered, I called on May 14 and got a young lady named Tracy who said I would get my last bill in June. I explained that I have been paying for upcoming service and had already paid for the last month and therefore through the end of the contract. She “checked” and agreed with me and entered the information confirming the cancellation on June 13.

Still covering my bases, I called again on May 15 and talked to Josiah, who said yes, he would put in my verification for the cancellation of my contract. I thought I had dotted my i’s and crossed my t’s so that I could relax.

At about 9:40 p.m. on that very day, May 15, however, my security alarm starting beeping in a strange fashion. When I turned it off, I saw a “103” code on it which I could not find it in my manual. I called Vivint and got a technician named Schuyler. He informed me that he could not help me, as I no longer had service with them. THEY HAD SHUT OFF MY PAID-FOR SERVICE A MONTH EARLY.

Then he told me he COULD help me “re-set” my system anyway. So he had me unplug a couple of things and plug them back in. Five minutes after we hung up, the system went down completely—it HAD been usable until Schuyler had me “re-set” it. (And I had been told by one of the people I cancelled with—Josiah, I think-- that it would still go off after my contract expired; they just wouldn’t call me to check in and report it to the police. I was delighted—a great big noise would be wonderful for scaring off would-be intruders!)

I called Vivint to get my last month re-instated on May 16, and a young lady named Hannah told me that of course it was cancelled, as I had called and cancelled it. I explained to her that my contract AND their representative in January made it clear that I was to call thirty days before the end of my contract to verify cancellation in thirty days. After we went around in circles for several minutes, she went to talk to a supervisor.

She returned to inform me that their policy had changed in March, that the moment I call to be cancelled, I’m cancelled. (Odd, isn’t it, that neither Tracy on Tuesday nor Josiah on Wednesday mentioned this change in policy to me?) I explained that I HAD paid for service through June 13th, and asked that she re-instate me until then. She said she would and was sending an email immediately to the gentlemen who would do it. This was at about 11:30 a.m.

[Thinking back, it is perfectly obvious that she never re-installed me at all because had I BEEN re-installed, the moment they went back to monitoring, someone would have called me about my non-operative system. I had a low battery warning two or three times during the five years of my contract, and they ALWAYS called to discuss it to me. ]

By 2:00 p.m., it had occurred to me that I’d been lied to so many times by this company that I could not rely on their actually honoring my cancellation on June 13th, so I called Vivint back. I asked a young man named Josh if I had been re-instated as a customer, and he checked the file. I had not, so I told him NOT to bother re-instating me, that I absolutely wanted to be canceled and done with Vivint, that they could keep my month’s payment if they would just get out of my life. I asked him to send me an email confirming my cancellation, and he did. (enclosed)

It then occurred to me that since Vivint was agreeable to cancellation before the end of my contract, thanks to their supposed change in policy in March, they should be agreeable to returning my final month’s fee of $53.49, as they had cancelled the service exactly 30 days before the end of the contract and thus abrogated the contract themselves. Therefore, if they were released from the contract stipulations, so was I; ergo, no payment required. Accordingly, on May 16, I replied to Josh’s email, requesting that he look into a return of the last month’s fee. (enclosed)

I did not hear from him, so a week later, on May 23, I emailed him again, suggesting that he pass my request on to a supervisor who actually was in a high enough position to make decisions like this. (enclosed)

Not surprisingly, I have not heard a word from Vivint one way or the other. I would appreciate your compelling Vivint to return my $53.49. It’s little enough to ask after they sucked five years’ worth of payments that I couldn’t afford out of my fixed income.

Vivint in Opa Locka, Florida - WORST SECURITY CO WE HAVE EVERY COME ACROSS

We thank this customer for their feedback and for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. Each Vivint Customer Care representative is trained on all equipment, and the majority of issues can be resolved over-the-phone. Vivint equipment (excluding batteries and screens) is covered under warranty. We never charge for labor or replacement of warranted equipment. We do however, ask customers to be responsible for a service copay. This co-pay is outlined in the agreement and does not apply to certain situations. Customers are given a 120-day window after installation in which no co-pays will apply; additionally, return trips within 60-days do not have co-pays. Customers are also able to opt-in to a service plan at any time which entitles them to unlimited technician visits and free battery replacement.
Review
#391969 Review #391969 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Vivint Security System

Vivint is the worst security co that i have ever come across. These people do not provide the service that they claim they would, and when you call them they cannot solve your problems, or want to charge you a fee to come out and do the work that they are supposed to do.

It appears that neither the Technitians or the Office staff know what they are doing. You have to keep calling them over and over, with no results. To date they have not given us a permit to say that we have an alarm system with them. Our cameras have not been working for sometime, and after numerous phone calls, and talking to several persons, who seems to have no clue what they are doing, the cameras are still not working.Added to that they have the audacity to want to charge us a fee for someone to come out and look at it.

This is a recurring problems, which they have failed to rectify. Well we are not paying them any fee, and this matter will be passed over to our attorney, as we cannot continue to be in a contract where we are not getting the service that is required. This matter will also be reported to the City of Maimi Dade , as we cannot continue to accept mediocre service from these people.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS CO. TO ANYONE.

Vivint thanks this individual for their feedback and time. We apologize for any misunderstanding or misinformation provided to them. We ensure all customers are aware of the length of their agreement, both in writing and during a required pre-installation survey.

Contact Vivint Customer Service