1.8
Equipment Quality

I had the Vivint security system installed in late May.Have had one big problem--the doorbell camera, which is suppose to capture images of people coming on to the property, does not consistently capture.

I can leave out and come into my home several times during the day, and maybe one time I am captured. Some days the letter carrier is captured, most days that person is not captured. I use that as a barometer of how well the doorbell camera works because I know that if no one else comes on to the property, myself and the letter carrier do!

Vivint has not been able to resolve this problem.I am really thinking of breaking the contract and shopping around for another security company.

Review about: Vivint Security System.

Preferred solution: Fix the problem or replace the doorbell camera with one that works ALL THE TIME, not just some of the time..

Had an Experience with Vivint?

Comments

newyears1978_14

Did you ever get it to work?We have the exact problem.

Today the system blew our perfectly fine working transformer int he attic.

I replaced it - took 2 hours to get the camera added back in and now it barely detects stuff.1 out of 5 times me walking out the door it works (no matter what settings I use)

It's never worked consistently but used to work at least most of the time.

Nothing but issues here!

to newyears1978_14 #1379155

No, but I resolved myself to the fact that it just doesn’t work. As soon as my contract is up, I will go to another alarm company. I’ve warned all my friends not to go with Vivint.