2.0
Equipment Quality

About 8 mths ago I got vivint security installed, with the guarantee that I could cancel at anytime once my equipment loan was paid off. All I would have to do is go month to month, then cancel.

Well, I paid off my loan a week later, just to be told that I only had 3 days to pay off the loan and cancel, and it was in my contract, which it wasn't. They told me I had a 5 year contract and there was nothing they could do, and that if I didn't pay it would go to collections and hit my credit score. After 6-7 mths of bad service and faulty equipment, and long calls to get anything resolved, I had enough. I called demanding my service be cancelled.

I told the lady about the situation, and she said I was correct and could cancel. She offered to refund 3 of the 6 mths I had been charged, which I agreed to just be done with it. I got my loan payoff confirmation number and called them back to give it to them, in which the lady that time said no I couldn't cancel my account and I was on a 5 yr contract (why else would they be refunding me??). So obviously they're saying these lies a lot, and strong arming people into paying them.

After explaining it over and over she spoke with a supervisor and said I was correct after originally saying there's no way I could cancel. Finally they had me email my name, address, acct number and reason for cancellation to documents@vivint.com. I did as instructed, just to find out I was charged a few weeks later.

Now, after many calls (6+), and instructions to just to email the same address (in which I was supposed to get an automated response acknowledging my email, which I haven't after 5 messages), I've still yet to have my account closed, nor reimbursed for 4 mths I was charged (3 of the original 6 that I now want reimbursed due to my difficulties, and 1 due to reoccurring charge). This sounds like it is a reoccurring them, and what should be a class action lawsuit against Vivint.

Review about: Vivint Technical Support.

Comments