82 views
Verified Reviewer

1.7

We had not been unhappy with Vivint for the first few years. In July 2020 we decided to upgrade to the smart home features and better security items.

We decided to go with the 0% financing on the equipment rather than take it from our savings. We were adamant that we had been customers for almost a decade and would not sign a contract for monitoring. My son and his wife put in the exact same system (new for them) at the time we upgraded. However, their monthly monitoring fee was 1/2 of what we were being charged!

I was NOT happy! I had been a long time customer, had upgraded and yet was being charged 2x the monitoring fee? Just FYI, my son also financed the equipment, so other than us being long time clients it was the same. I called Vivint to tell them that this was absolutely unacceptable!

In the process of being transferred from department to department through multiple phone calls, I was ultimately told that they couldnt change anything because of my 5 year monitoring contract. I told them that I did NOT sign a contract for monitoring! Without telling my husband what was going on (and while on the phone with the Vivint rep who told me this) I asked him what he remembered about our discussion with the Vivint representative, the equipment costs, monitoring and contracts regarding monitoring. He quickly stated exactly what I had just told the representative.

So I asked to have a copy of the contract emailed to me. I did not have anything from them that showed we agreed to 5 years of monitoring! This is when the Vivint rep got nervous and said that he didnt think I had actually signed the contract. He sent me a copy and someone had put an electronic signature on a five year contract!!

I was transferred to some kind of legal department and told it would be looked in to and I get a call back with their decision of the validity. I plainly stated that I knew NOTHING of this contract and if they tried to hold me to it, I would have my attorney get involved. I was told these things are reviewed in order, but someone would call me back. I waited about 3 weeks and I started calling and emailing.

I got a call two weeks ago that they determined this was not my signature. I want this in writing! I requested an email be sent so that when I find a company who doesnt forge my signature on a legal document and I switch, they cant come back with this contract with a signature that they know was not mine! I have not received this verification email stating that the contract signature was forged and therefore the contract is null and void.

I want more than a phone call. I want it in writing! We are in the process of trying to find a more reputable security company. This happened when a young sales rep from Utah came in the summer going door to door trying to sell their system.

I wonder how many other neighbors and friends have contracts they are not aware of.

I would definitely think this is grounds for a class action lawsuit if this is their tactic nationwide. From what Im reading - lying is what they do best when selling their system!

User's recommendation: Do not trust them!

Product or Service Mentioned: Vivint Account.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Email stating that the 5 year contract they show has a forged signature and that it is not valid or binding. I received a telephone call stating this and I asked for this confirmation to be emailed. It has not been done. .

Vivint Pros: Sky control looks nice.

Vivint Cons: Lying to customers and forging contract signatures.

Comments