Sidni Npz
map-marker Trail, British Columbia

Vivint - Security System Review from Trail, British Columbia

As first time home owners of babies, I feel as if I got scammed.They said it was a free system, suuure, at first it was. Monthly payments are ridiculous, and all over the place, their not just one set payment.

Also, to cancle (even after being a loyal custome for 2 years, not missing a single payment, they want almost a grand.

Vivint has made us feel stuck with no options because now we cant even afford to get rid of it. Its just wrong.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback and for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. We were able to review the customer’s account in regards to the problems that they have been having with their Vivint system. The customer originally had their system installed in July of 2012 at the time they signed a 42 month agreement which ended January of 2016. The customer completed a telephonic survey before the system was installed and stated they understood the length and terms of the agreement.
When the customer was originally installed Vivint agreed to install the equipment at no additional charge to the customer, and the customer did not have to pay any upfront cost for the equipment being installed. The customer did agree to a monthly monitoring rate for the length of the agreement to be billed to the payment form on file.
Lakisa Clk
map-marker Salinas, California

Vivint - Illegal contract extension and false upgrades

I received an upgrade that was already outdated and a contract extension without a written contract. In California this is illegal especially with outdated equipment. When I talked to the customer loyalty rep. She stated that it was the latest and the website model is not available yet. THIS IS NOT TRUE - OUR NEIGHBOR HAS THE NEW MODEL SINCE OUR UPGRADE. FURTHER MORE, SHE STATED THAT I HAVE TO BE ON A WAITLIST FOR THE NEW SYSTEM WHICH IS NOT YET AVAILABLE, I CAN TAKE MOST THINGS, BUT NOT LIES. ALSO THEY DAMAGED MY LAND LINE AND IT TOOK AT&T TO REPLACE MY LINES. THE TECHNITION FROM AT&T STATED IT WAS CUT BY VIVENT

TECH.

JAMES S. NAKASHIMA

(831) 633-****

Vivint Reply:
After further review it looks like the customer did a renewal agreement with our Customer Loyalty department for an additional 42 months and to keep their monthly rate at the current amount.
In regards to the phone lines being damaged a Vivint system does not use phone lines as a form of communication, Vivint uses a cellular GSM inside the panel to communicate with our central monitoring station.
When it comes to our new panel the Vivint Sky it is currently only available for new customer at this time, however we will be offering it as an upgrade in the future to current customers. If customers are interested in upgrading when it becomes available they are encouraged to contact our customer care department at (800) 216-5232.
Not as described/ advertised

NEW SYSTEM AS PROMISED WITH ONLY A I YEAR EXTENSION OF CONTRACT

Zaccai Aoc
map-marker Scott, Louisiana

Vivint - Repair Service Review from Scott, Louisiana

I have been waiting for a service tech for over a month to change my panel. I had a scheduled appt on January 17th between the hours of 4-8.

I recieved a call at 6pm that the service tech could not come out because he did not have the equipment on the truck. Funny how the salesman have everything they need when they come to your home though!! Now I have to wait for another scheduling so I am now being forced to pay for a service that is not being provided. Ridiculous service department.

You can't speak to anyone in scheduling and it's impossible to speak to a supervisor!!

That's what supervisors are for. Terrible alarm company!!

Vivint Reply:
Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback and for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. After further review of this customers account we are showing that a field service professional has visited the customers home and replaced the panel. They also checked the signaling and tested all of the sensors in the customers home. Should the customer encounter any further problems they are encourage to contact our award winning customer care department at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to further assist.
map-marker Gilbert, Arizona

System not installed for three months after I had been paying for it.

I moved into a house that had Vivint installed.I called and said I would keep the system. After being billed for three months I had someone come out for the thermostat.

The service man asked who installed the system and I told him it was already here and I had called that I would keep it. After being billed for three months he said it had not been installed. I was credited for the three months. Now it has started beeping and I called and was told to get a screw driver and take the front of the system off.

I could not stand and reach the back of the system. I was told it would be three weeks and I would not be able to get outside assistance until then. I also have a necklace and I have fallen three times since I have had the system. It also does not reach the outside for help now.

DON'T GO HERE!

There are other places less expensive in the area.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback and for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. After further review of this customers account the customers issues have been addressed and we are sending one of our field service professionals out to the customer’s home to verify that the system is in proper working order. Should the customer have any further questions or concerns they are encouraged to contact our award winning customer care team at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to assist.
Cons:
  • Customer service

Let the company propose a solution

Onna Tih

| map-marker Crete, Illinois

My system is still not cancelled seven months later...

Updated by user Jan 27, 2015

After further review there is no installed system or signed agreement with Vivint; the only so-called agreement is verbal! My original agreement with Vivent was more than fully fulfilled on the house we sold.

The harassing phone calls are the reason we didn't renew with Vivint. Believe me, this company must be desperate to try to charge a retired couple for something they did not even install.

I have contacted their loyalty department many times; they do not assist. I strongly advise against anyone having any dealing with Vivint.

Updated by user Jan 13, 2015

Following my "snail mail" letter to Vivint, they have stopped calling me but I have not yet contacted them to see if the issue is actually resolved. I plan to make that call in the future.

Original review Dec 12, 2014

We sold our home and moved last May. I cancelled the service, about two weeks prior to moving, by phone.

Following our move we continued to receive various calls from Vivint; each time I told them the house was sold and we no longer lived there. We originally planned to apply the two months credit we were owed (due to annual payments rather than monthly) to our new home, once it was completed. It is now December; our new house is not completed.

Vivint is calling me multiple times a day due to "late charges" from our previously cancelled account. After their badgering, there is no way that two months of credit would be worth using this company in our new home.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback and for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. After further review of this customers account Vivint is showing the customer previously elected to re-new the agreement with Vivint for an additional 42 months. At this time the customer is with in terms and is not able to cancel the agree with Vivint. Vivint allows customers to transfer responsibility for their agreement and system to a third party; alternatively, the balance on the account can be paid off at any time. Should the customer have any further questions regarding cancellation they are encouraged to contact out customer loyalty department at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to further assist.
Pros:
  • Contract time was fine
Cons:
  • Harassing calls afterwards
Reason of review:
service was to be cancelled
Preferred solution:

Keep the prepaid $60 I did not use, fully cancel the account, and do not ever call or contact me again.

map-marker Saint George, Utah

Vivint - Cancelled service 30 day trial

Cancelled service before my 30 day trial had ended. They told me they would pick up the equipment on Nov 25 between 4 and 6 pm they we a no show didn't even have the courtesy to call and say they couldn't be there.

Got off early from work so I could be sure to be home was home between 3:30 and 7:30. Called set up another appointment to have the equipment removed and picked up on Dec 5 between 4 and 6 once again they were a no show I was home between 3 and 7 this is 8 hours of my time. They assured me that on Dec 5 I would receive a phone call if they couldn't be there no such phone call happened I don't have time to take anymore time off work so they can disappoint me again.

The worst Customer Service I have dealt with in a long time Will not Be recommending Vivint anytime soon.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint values this customer’s feedback and we appreciate them taking the time to submit a review outlining their concerns. We are not able to locate this customers account with the information that has been provided. If the customer could let us know the phone or account number we would be able to further review the customer’s account and assist with resolving any problems that they are having
Cons:
  • Customer service

Let the company propose a solution

map-marker Daniels, West Virginia

Vivint - Security System Review from Daniels, West Virginia

Have had Vivant security since September of this year and have problems with it ever since have had to call about four times to complain about either the cameras or panel not working correctly , they always say they'll send but it takes a week or more to get it fixed and all that time we're without protection. Had two guys come out to fix it the day before bridge day and worked on the cameras and panel and now the camera is offline and not working and the panel also is not working correctly and keeps saying its offline, I've also not been able to use the app for the phone since then either.

Called to cancel service they were happy to do that if we could find someone to take over the contract or pay 2500.

Don't have that kind of money to pay. I'm very disappointed with the service I have gotten and will not be recommending them to anyone.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint would like to thank this customer for their review and for bringing their concerns to our attention. Upon further review of this customers account I am showing this customer had experienced a problem with the cameras that they have in the home. We have successfully reset the cameras with the customer over the phone and are waiting on one of a field service professionals to visit the customers home to adjust the camera settings at the customer’s request.
Damaged or defective
map-marker Ridgeland, Mississippi

Vivint - Service Cancellation Review from Ridgeland, Mississippi

Giving is totally crazy. They tell you it's easy to cancel.

I cancelled on 9/11, got call today 12/2 service still active.

Told that because I didn't a letter that I was never told about that service is still active. They asked that I submit letter now and in 30 days, 1/2/15 I would need to call and cancel service again

Vivint Reply:
Vivint would like to thank the customer for their review and for bringing their concerns to our attention. Upon further review of this customers account I am showing the customer originally called in on 9/13 stating that she was moving and wanting to cancel. At that time the Vivint representative explain the cancellation options as well as the possibility of moving the system to the customers new home. The customer stated they would talk to their new landlord about having a system moved to the new location. The customer next contacted Vivint on 12/2 stating the account should be cancelled however it was never cancelled. The Vivint representative then explained to the customer that in order to process the cancellation of the account they would need to pay the past due amount and submit a notice of cancellation. Once the past due amount has been paid and the notice has been on file for 30 days Vivint would be able to process the cancellation of the account. If the customer has any further questions they are encouraged to contact our customer loyalty department at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to further assist.
brian s Rvm

| map-marker Northridge, California

Worst company ever!

Do not work with this company. I spent over $2,500 in November to get alarm service. The sensors keep going off line and they can't figure what is happening. I asked for a refund as I've take 4 days off from work and had them come out 6 times without a solution. They don't want to refund and cancel my contract. They want me to pay the entire contract to get out of the program. They are the worst company I have ever worked with. They are a scam and read all other reviews from unhappy customers before you commit to this horrible company.
brian s Rvm

WORST COMPANY EVER!

I had them installed, and for 5 months, the system kept dropping off the cellular, and the panel did not work. I went through *** and they want me to pay for the monthly fees and are trying to hold me responsible for paying for the entire 3-year contract when their system does not work. The technician didn't show up 3 times when they scheduled to come to my house. I took time off from work, and they didn't show. I called them, and they continued giving me the runaround. Save your money and go with ADT or another reliable company. If you google this company, you will see that they use search engine tactics to hide their lawsuits and bad BBB reviews. This has officially been the worst company I have EVER dealt with.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Panel and sensors do not work and horrible service

User's recommendation: Do reseach with other reputable companies

GCS

Unable to Cancel Service

The sales process of buying into the service was very smooth. The service was in my name for my elderly mother. After two years of using the service, my mother took a turn for the worst and no longer able to live independently. I tried to cancel the service for now two months, starting on December 1st, 2023, without any success. I have tried to cancel four times over the last two months, with very long phone calls. I even received a service charge for Dec. 2023 and Jan. 2024, when the system is completely offline. I was given a long reading of the policy on cancellation during the first call, and was told I couldn't cancel because my mother is not on the account. I also was told I had to pay off the equipment loan to cancel the service on a different call. I then was told on my third call that I had to pay the service charges when the service is offline. I said no. I was threatened that my credit score will be impacted if I don't pay. I have filed a dispute with my bank and block the charges from coming in.
Pros:
  • Smooth selling
Cons:
  • Unable to cancel

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not get trapped!

map-marker The Bronx, New York

Sales

Your salesperson went to my neighbors on my street informing them that I have your alarm system and the set up that I have that is a violation of my privacy and security I am out of town and my neighbors called me and I am very displeased. You do not have the right to give my name and address info to anyone and tell them about my security set up..someone need to call me ASAP.
Stacey W Dpp

Scammers and Thieves! Should be shut down

Ive been with vivint since around 2007. ) a couple of years ago we decided to upgrade our equipment and were told multiple times it wasnt a contract with the service and I wouldnt be in a contract. (I was adamant that I wouldnt upgrade if I were to be signed up for a contract) The guy assured us that it was only a monthly fee for the new equipment and no contract. In Oct 2023 we called to cancel our service. They stated wed have to pay a fee to cancel because we were in a contract! After a lot of back and forth, and arguing that they falsified documents, we paid the cancellation fee and paid off our equipment. And what do I now see on my bank statement? After scamming us for the cancellation contract, they have now continued to bill us for October, November, December and now January. They are stealing money!!! Do not go with vivint, they are absolutely thieves and the business should be shut down.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Steal your money

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not use them

Jimmy M Twr

| map-marker Charlotte, North Carolina

Charges/Changes

Hello, I just wanted to contact you about a unexpected payment taking out of my account for January they said that the December bill was declined due insufficient funds which I was not aware of by vivint. I also noticed that when my alarms goes off I don't receive any intercom voice through the panel stating that if I need any assistance from police etc. Example ( If my house catches on fire there no commutation with the fire department) I left cpi to get on board with y'all and this is what get for more money and less benefits. If someone can please help me out with this situation. Thanks!!!
Angela B Glu

In collections for $3,800.00 when I settled 4.5 years ago

My ex husband gas lighted me into signing the contract. I either just had our second child or I was extremely pregnant and was exhausted. I woke up and the installer was in our home asking me to sign some papers. We split and I settled with Vivant. I can't remember the settlement. I have not received one Notice letter in the mail or an email in 4.5 years. I still have the same addresses. I go to check my credit report and I am being charged $3,800 with some Zyons company who keep harassing me. 1. I remember the installer telling us no matter what we keep the equipment. The collectors say I owe for the equipment but I remember when I settled the guy told me I did not. I offered to return it. 2. Why have I not been contacted until now? I keep disputing the charge. I will never do business with this company again!

User's recommendation: Do not buy from them! Terrible company and will send you

Guest

What someone "told you" will not hold up as well as a single paper receipt. What was the nature of the original transaction that Mr.

Nice Guy railroaded you into ? Is debt distribution addressed in your divorce/dissolution settlement ?

Is the original (Vivant) company still in business ? Are you the sole signor / debtor ?