Verified Reviewer

vMy family and I had Alarm service through ADT and on 5/23/22 A Vivint Sales Rep by the name of Curtis Castillow (employee # 126059) came to our home and told us that we could try Vivint for 30 days and that if we didn't like the service or the equipment we could return it and cancel everything with no penalty.

He said that it was a 30 day trial and that if we didn't like it we go back to using ADT. He also told us that Vivint would pay the cancellation fee for us leaving ADT and that we wouldn't have any out of pocket expenses for making that change.

My husband and I said that we wanted some time to think about it, but the sales rep said that he'd be going back to Utah and he needed to sign us up that day, so he created an urgency.

He also stressed over and over that it was just a 30 day trial, and that we could cancel the contract whenever we wanted to within that 30 day period.

On the same day the technician came and put the panel in, but we were supposed to be trying out the smart home system so we were also supposed to be getting censors, cameras, doorbell,etc.

it turns out that he didn't have all the equipment so he had to come to our home several different times. (Which was extremely inconvenient cause we had to adjust our schedules so someone would be home for that.)

I contacted Vivint Customer Service to let them know that I felt that the 30 day Trial period should not have even started until all of the equipment was installed in our home. I was shocked when the Customer Service Representative told me that there was no 30 day trial period, and that we actually only had 3 days to cancel.

I explained what the Sales rep told us initially, and that he kept reassuring us that we had 30 days to try out Vivint service and equipment. She rudely told me that I signed the contract and that she would try to call the sales rep, but she claims she couldn't reach him.

I told her that he mislead us and lied to us, because if he told us that we only had 3 days to try the service we would've never agreed.

I felt scammed and concerned about everything that he told us initially.

Shortly after that I contacted ADT/Millineum to find out how much it would cost to cancel my contract and they said $1,425.00. I immediately called Vivint Customer Service and was told that Vivint would only cover $500 and that I had to wait to hear from someone in the buyout department. I asked for the direct number for the buyout department and was told that they didn't even have that number and that someone would contact me in 1 to 2 days.

I asked for the number to Corporate to file a complaint and the Rep refused to give it to me. She told me to look it up online.

My husband and I called in together to inquire about cancelling our contract and we were told that it would cost us $8000. if we canceled now because we'd still have to pay for the equipment (Equipment which we hadn't even received in its entirety yet. We were still waiting for the rest of the items that came with the package which we had qualified for.)

I asked them to either honor the 30 day trial that the sales rep promised us and allow us to cancel; so we could peacefully continue on with Our ADT service or pay the cancellation fee in its entirety. The Sales Rep used shady tactics and lies to pull us away from ADT.

If he was honest with us and told us that we only had 3 days to try out the service, and that Vivint would not pay our whole cancellation fee from ADT we would have NEVER switched alarm companies.

Finally the last thing that we were waiting for was the Nest Thermostat and when the Technician came to our home (the 3rd time) He told us that he didn't know when they would even be getting that in so he installed 2 other Vivint Thermostats instead. He told us that he would have a little over $200 deducted from our equipment charges because those Vivint Thermostats were cheaper than the Nest ones.

I called Vivint billing the next day to find out if he had deducted that equipment (Nest Thermostat) from our bill yet and was told that we were still being charged for 2 Nest Thermostats.

I was then transferred to the loyalty department where the rep had me tell him about my whole experience again only to tell me that I needed to wait 3 to 4 more days to hear from someone in the buyout department to see if anything could be done.

I've only been with your company for 10 days now and so far this has been an extremely frustrating and inconvenient experience for me. When I've called into your customer service desk it seems like No one knows whats going on and im getting different information from everybody.

Preferred solution: I want Vivint to either honor the 30 day trial that their sales rep promised that we would get to try out the service so that we can cancel immediately or pay the $1000 maximum buyout and discount our equipment by $425.00 .

Vivint Pros: Nice technician.

Vivint Cons: Shady sales reps.

Location: Lancaster, California