service system contract customer customer service home security house phone door

Don't go with Apex/Vivint

We're sorry that you had a bad experience with out company! We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry. Our customers should be able to rely on us any time, day or night, which is why our reps are available 24x7x365 to resolve any issue that comes our way. If you're experiencing difficulties with your system or your service please give us a call at 800.216.5232, or email us at support@vivint.com for assistance. We also welcome any feedback on our products and services. Thank you!
Tags
  • fine print

These people are unbelievable. They don't send you notice that the account is going to be renewed, don't tell you how to cancel the account, but graciously offer to install a new system into your new house if you move.

They claim there is no way to cancel a renewed contract without paying the full amount owed. The fine print must be really freakin' small...Whatever you do, stay far far away from these people.

I'm still in the process of trying to cancel. They have offered me a 10% discount in the "cancellation fee"...how kind and benevolent of them...

Vivint Alarm - suckers old folks into alarm and contract

Loss

Terrible Company!!!!! They give away a "FREE" alarm system...........only catch..........39 month service contract............then wait, before the contract is due to expire...........they call and ask are you pleased with your alarm would you like to keep the "FREE" system that we gave you............and when the vulnerable old person says yes..........unknowingly they are suckered into wait...........an additional 42 month "agreement" the only way out of the agreement is to die!!

wow, they love their customers don't they....................!!!! Man, how do you guys sleep at night?

sell the house in which the system was installed............wait, guess who gets the bill........the vulnerable old person who was taken advantage of.........thanks for taking care of my mom Vivent........I needed your help!! Looking for recommendations - sure wont find them from our experience

Vivint's reply to:

VIVINT Thank you, you made it right

Review

I contacted Vivint via their website and email. I asked if I could have a very particular type of service and was assured that i could get it, no contract on/off as required.

We agreeded and I had a system installed. Then came the confusion when I asked for them to stop monitoring for 9 months and then start again for 3 months. We don't do that said vivint, I said you agreeded you would. After checking the phone calls and emails they agreeded they had and said they would stick by that agreement and posted a note on the account to let reps know about the agreement.

Today I called to have the system monitoried and asked the rep to look at the note. He then said OK and the system is now monitoried for 3 months only.

through the hole process Vivint staff have been very professional. I would highly recommend them.

Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback. In the event of malfunction, repair, rather than cancellation is the appropriate course of action. To minimize the risk of external factors impacting an appointment, Vivint gives customers a 3 hour arrival window....

Vivint

Vivint thanks this customer for sharing their experience. Vivint requires written notice of cancellation to be on file 30 days prior to the end of the agreement and request this notice remain on file for at least one billing cycle. Vivint has updated policy since this review was submitted and situations like the one outlined here are now reviewed on a case-by-case basis. We encourage this customer to contact our Customer Loyalty team at their earliest convenience.
Service
Vivint Customer Care
Loss

My 39 month contract expired in September 2012. I sent a letter to let them know I didn't want to renew another 39 month contract but they have refused to cancel my service and continue to bill me $54.11 a month.

The representative I spoke to said they didn't receive my letter within the 30 days prior to contract end so therefore I would be locked into another 39 month contract!! We live on a fixed income and will be moving soon and will not need their service anyway.

DO NOT USE VIVINT!!!!! Their customer service is the WORST!!

Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback and for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. Vivint allows customers to transfer responsibility for their agreement and system to a third party; alternatively, the balance on the account can be paid off...
Vivint's reply to:

Vivint needs to stopped! door to door crooks

We thank this customer for their feedback, and for bringing this situation to our attention. Vivint aims to save customers money by using existing alarm equipment with their consent. Should issues arise, repair, rather than cancellation is the appropriate course of action. We understand the frustration that comes with a false alarm and we are committed to reaching a resolution. This subscriber is urged to contact our 24/7 Customer Care team.
Loss

I contracted with vivint for a home security system. During the instillation I immediately knew I was in trouble.

They began hacking wires in my existing security system. They spliced and mismatched componets of my system with their products and within hours it was malfunctioning. The first thunderstorm set in to motion a series of nightmarish problems. The thermostat began turning on the emergency heat raising the temp to 85-95 degrees.

The fire alarm going off in the middle of the night. They have refused to cancel the contract and I have enlisted legal assistance.

They are billing me in full.

VIVINT SUCKS!

Review

I gave Vivint my banking information to take the monthly payments from my bank account, and for the 3rd time, they screwed me over! they take more money than what they say they would.

I had to cancel my pre-authorized payments with them because i don't trust them! Its so *** cus you can't cancel because you signed a contract, but they could *** over by taking whatever amount of money from you bank account without letting you know. BEWARE! Never give Vivint your banking information!

I am very angry at this company. they are like thieves!