service system contract customer customer service home security house phone door

Don R. | Vivint review from Elizabethtown, Kentucky

We thank this customer for their concern and for being proactive in the protection of their home. Vivint encourages customers to make us aware of any aspects of their installation they are dissatisfied with. We take all alarm notifications seriously and it is against our monitoring policy to cancel a dispatch without the appropriate verbal passcode.
  • Physical security

Vivint/APX installed home security system in my home. Not very professional instillation and not pleased from the start.

Got a call from service rep. that my back door was open when I was out of town and wanted to know what I wanted them to do. My response was "call the police" I'm almost two hours from the house. By the time I got home my back door was still open and the police were never notified.

When I called to inquire I was told that my wife told them not to notify the police which I know wasn't true because she was with me. Never could resolve the issue and basically told me I didn't know what I was talking about because they had it all documented from the time of the call. Why would anyone tell them not to have the police respond when they're two hours away from their home and the alarm is going off? Tried to cancel service but couldn't because of contract!

Felt like (and still do) that I was paying for service I didn't receive. Thankfully my contract is expiring soon and will not renew. Still denying they were in the wrong and negligent. I was lucky because nothing was missing, I guess the alarm scared them off but my hardwood floor was damaged because it was raining and the door was wide open.

I would not advise anyone to trust Vivint for their home security!

Vivint Security System
We thank this subscriber for taking the time to outline their concerns in this review. Customers are welcome to review their billing and process payments at any time through their online account center or over the phone. Vivint welcomes any bank statements showing an...
Vivint Security System
Vivint appreciates this customer’s feedback. A $49 service fee is standard for all customers who have not upgraded to our Premium Service plan; this policy is outlined on the backside of the agreement. However, if a subscriber feels this charge is unfair or...
Service
Vivint Customer Care
  • Sales process engineering

Cancel Us Not!!! | Vivint review from Chattanooga, Tennessee

Vivint thanks this customer for taking the time to submit their feedback. The length of an agreement is detailed on the front side of the contract, the terms are also reinforced through a required pre-installation survey. We require a written notice of cancellation to be on file for at least 30 days prior to disconnection, the request for this notice is clarified on the
agreement.
  • Physical security

I have been getting false alarms from the same zone since this alarm system was installed. After the three year contract was over they still didn't let me cancel.

They put me on a one year contract that I didn't know about and now require me to cancel in writing. They even replaced the sensor and it still would give false alarms. They over talk you on the phone and refuse to let you cancel their service.

I wouldn't recommend this service to anyone.

They use to be called APEX Security Systems. After the changed name they changed for the worst.

Automatic renewals | Vivint review from Norfolk, Virginia

Vivint appreciates this customer’s feedback. Corporate policy has been updated since this review was submitted and situations like this are evaluated on a case-by-case basis; we invite this subscriber to contact our Customer Loyalty team to evaluate their options for upgrading their system to ensure compatibility with their new phone system.
Loss

I was not happy with my services with Vivint in the first place, and then to learn that they had me another one year automatic renewal contract I was not happy. I want to change this law!

My alarm system had not been working for quite some time, and when I called to see what was wrong, they stated that it must be because my phone was switched to digital connection. I didn't pursue anymore because I was just going to stop paying when my contract ran out. I then found out that they automatically renewed.

So now I have no working system and having to pay for another year. Please go to https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prohibit sign the petition to not allow them to do this automatically with out notice.

BUYER BEWARE | Vivint review from Corpus Christi, Texas

Vivint thanks this customer for taking the time to share their experience through PissedConsumer. It is important to us that each customer have a fully-functioning system and we apologize for any abnormal scheduling delays. This individual is encouraged to send their phone or account number to vivintfb@vivint.com so we are able to rectify any further concerns immediately.
  • The Police

Please do your homework before signing up with Vivant! They provided us with faulty equipment and then schedule a tech to come back a month after the service call was placed.

When the tech finally came, he came before the scheduled time and no one was home. When we called to reschedule, we were given yet another month before they could return. Now another piece of equipment does not work, and calls the police out at least weekly for no reason. I have attempted to cancel my contract and they refuse.

They also refuse to give me contact info of their superiors. Don't get suckered into their trap like we did. This company will not keep their contractual agreements, yet continue to take money out of my account monthly.

They are a scam!!! BUYER BEWARE!

Vivint's reply to:

Do not sign up with Vivint!!!

We're sorry that you had a bad experience with out company! We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry. Our customers should be able to rely on us any time, day or night, which is why our reps are available 24x7x365 to resolve any issue that comes our way. If you're experiencing difficulties with your system or your service please give us a call at 800.216.5232, or email us at support@vivint.com for assistance. We also welcome any feedback on our products and services. Thank you!
Review

Comments that I've been reading about Vivint are the same things that I have experienced. They are terrible. The system wasn't working properly and I had to have tech's coming to my home at least 6 times. Got it last year July and still some things wont work right. The tech wasnt even certified and told us he couldn't fix the problem and that somebody else will have to come in. They are to be ashamed of theirselves for not letting people cance the contract. 42 months and you have to pay it all!!!

Also they used to charge me 67 dollars wich now is 79 without any notice. We were told that we will save lots of money with this system, with the energy and insurance. We the insurance gave me 40 dollars off of the whole year. I am not saving anything. This is way to expansive, items dont work properly and I had a fals larm too!

I will never recommend them to anyone. I am trying to get out. Hopefully I will figure t out!!

Vivint's reply to:

Horrible system!!! Go with someone else! | Vivint review from Birmingham, Alabama

Loss

Don't get locked into a contract with this company. I had this installed 7/2011 and still today 2/2013, the system does not work properly.

I have had numerous techs to my home. I have made numerous phonecalls, however, the automation part and cameras still do not work even though I have to pay for these services every month! I asked to be released from the contract several times because it doesn't work properly and have been told absolutely not! They send techs that don't have time to properly fix the problems, and then they leave your home in a mess with cameras off the walls etc and tell you to call them later and they will come back when they have time to troubleshoot some more!!!

I own my own business and lose $$ everytime I have to stop to deal with this. Do you really want this kind of company protecting your home?