Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Vivint in Greensboro, North Carolina - Worst Customer Service Award

We're sorry that you had a bad experience with out company! We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry. Our customers should be able to rely on us any time, day or night, which is why our reps are available 24x7x365 to resolve any issue that comes our way. If you're experiencing difficulties with your system or your service please give us a call at 800.216.5232, or email us at support@vivint.com for assistance. We also welcome any feedback on our products and services. Thank you!
Loss

I had a Vivint home security system installed in July 2012. Everything worked well for a few months before I continually had "network failure" messages. Apparently Vivint's network signal could no longer reach my house. They made quick efforts in trying to fix the situation by attempting to install three different signal-boosting antennas, with no success.

I then called a customer service representative manager and was instructed to put in writing the situation, detailing the failed efforts to restore adequate signal to the network, and my subscription would be cancelled without penalty.

That letter was sent and never followed up by anyone at Vivint. I gave them a month to address the issue and get back to me. It wasn't until I called Vivint and spoke with a representative, that any further action was taken.

Apparently they had to talk with the technician who tried to install the three antennas, and would then get back to me in a couple days. Well, that never happened, so I followed up the next week. I spoke with another rep. and he was confident he could address and solve the issue. Apparently, they were still waiting to hear back from the technician and a manager on the issue, and would get back to me the next day. (This ended up happening three more times).

Three days later I called back and spoke with yet another rep. After being put on hold twice, she said she was going to do some "investigative work" and call me back in one hour, promised. I expressed my frustration with never being called back, and she promised she would call back in one hour......that never happened either.

The following day I called back and spoke with another manager. He excitedly told me they just got a contract with a cell phone company and could install new equipment to access their network signal, but I was past them trying to fix the signal, after more than three months of spotty service and grisly customer service, I had no interest in staying a customer with Vivint.

I expressed my frustration of how this issued was addressed and no longer wanted to be a customer with them. They no longer would grant my contract termination without penalty because of this new contract they had with this cell phone company; which they didn't have when the network signal first started failing. The only option they would give me was to have the new equipment installed with a three month reimbursement, not to terminate my account, like they initially stated. I was told if I wanted to cancel, I would have to pay the early termination fee as addressed in the contract.

I can't help but think I was being strung along and this matter stalling until this deal with the cell phone company was closed.

It's ridiculous this matter took more than three months to be addressed unfairly and I refused the installation of the new equipment and wanted my account closed. After being told I couldn't do that, I asked to speak with a manager. After being on hold for almost 10 minutes, he told me "his manager's manager" agreed to cancel my account without penalty. I however, would not be reimbursed for the three months of intermittent home security due to the fact that the termination was based on their "good faith". How ridiculous! They didn't care about what was promised and the unreliable service for the past three months; not to mention the terrible customer service I received.

Don't risk the security of your family and your house to the nonsense Vivint has to offer.

Vivint in Chicago, Illinois - Alarm failed and I got robbed when at work

Loss

Basically vivint sucks. I came home and found my alarm ripped off the wall and vivint had not even gotten a signal that Anything happened.

I called them and they thought everything was ok. Also they only pay you a max of 1000 if something like this happens. It's hidden in the contract you sign. My house was broken into but thankfully they ran out before taking anything.

I live in the city and expect an amazing security company. Tomorrow I am calling adt and switching. They are worth the installation fee since they work!!!!

Everyone I know uses them in Chicago and now I know why. Do not use vivint if you don't want to get robbed.

Vivint in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Burglarized

Loss

I had many, MANY run in's with Vivint. The alarm not working, the alarm going off at odd hours of the morning, things they promised I would get in the beginning not being held true and actually not even offered through vivint.

I laid things to rest and decided to just ride out my contract. The alarm stopped going off at odd times and the extra cheapo keypads seem to be working. I started working night shift in November and came home Thanksgiving morning to find I had been burglarized. My picture window in the back of my home was busted in (THE GLASS BREAK SENSOR DIDN'T PICK IT UP) They came in through the window and carried everything out the window (MOTION DETECTOR NOT PICKING THEM UP) Being confused by all of this, the police had me arm my alarm and walk through the house something I don't routinely do when the system was armed away.

The alarm didn't sound and when all was said and done it was discovered that the two years I had the alarm, the motion sensor AND glass breakage sensor were actually not hooked into the alarm panel. my home owners insurance company actually fought ME, because I got a discount for having a house alarm, yet my home was broken into and the alarm didn't sound.

Luckily I was able to pull up my history online and prove that my alarm was on, it was just a *** alarm system, put in by a *** company. THANK'S VIVINT!

Vivint Sucks

Loss

No show on the original installation date. Had take a second day off work to get only a partial installation.

It is now over a week and they cant even tell me when the rest of the system will be installed. I have made five call to request a date for the installation and they promise to get back to me with a confirmed install date. Tonight I have been hold for over an hour waiting to speak to a customer service rep to get an update on the installation date. Do not believe their marketing.

They do not provide "world class customer service". They do however provide "world *** customer service" Avoid them at all cost!!!!!!!!!!!

Vivint - Horrible customer service!!!!!!

Review

Ive been with this company for a year now.. They installed and new door handle with a security code on it.

It broke, and would not unlock with the key or security code nor would it lock, so my husband tried to fix it for 3 hours and called customer service twice. They explained to us "how to fix it" and it made it worse. Both said they couldn't do anything without us paying a service fee and the soonest they could have someone out was 9 days from then. I have 2 small children and all they said was "sorry we can't do anything else for you" the customer service lady and her supervisor were some of the most rudest, inconsiderate, and unprofessional people I have ever talked to.

I can't wait till my contact is over so I never I have to do business with them again! I do not recommend this security service to anyone!

Vivint in Copperas Cove, Texas - I have issues with Vivent also

Loss

I am currently trying to cancel service with Vivent just like the rest of you because of the lies and deception. BE SURE to also file a consumer complaint with the Texas Attorney General's office.

If enough people do we can get the ball rolling. The states of Oregon, Arkansas, California and Wisconsin Attorney Generals has sued them. If you go to bbb.org and check out Vivent you will see how these states have obtained refunds, and levied large fines against Vivent. Wisconsin is especially entertaining.

Check out their links especially the charges and disposition of their cases. Good Luck!

Tags
  • time frame

Don't go with Apex/Vivint

Tags
  • fine print

These people are unbelievable. They don't send you notice that the account is going to be renewed, don't tell you how to cancel the account, but graciously offer to install a new system into your new house if you move.

They claim there is no way to cancel a renewed contract without paying the full amount owed. The fine print must be really freakin' small...Whatever you do, stay far far away from these people.

I'm still in the process of trying to cancel. They have offered me a 10% discount in the "cancellation fee"...how kind and benevolent of them...

Vivint Alarm - suckers old folks into alarm and contract

Loss

Terrible Company!!!!! They give away a "FREE" alarm system...........only catch..........39 month service contract............then wait, before the contract is due to expire...........they call and ask are you pleased with your alarm would you like to keep the "FREE" system that we gave you............and when the vulnerable old person says yes..........unknowingly they are suckered into wait...........an additional 42 month "agreement" the only way out of the agreement is to die!!

wow, they love their customers don't they....................!!!! Man, how do you guys sleep at night?

sell the house in which the system was installed............wait, guess who gets the bill........the vulnerable old person who was taken advantage of.........thanks for taking care of my mom Vivent........I needed your help!! Looking for recommendations - sure wont find them from our experience