Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Vivint review: Lisa R. of St. Peters, Missouri

“The technician took so much time to make sure we knew how to operate the system and answer all our questions. He also helped us figure out what made the most sense for the setup. I felt confident as soon as he walked out the door that we were secure.”
Testimonial

Vivint review in Memphis, Tennessee: Fraudulent Charges

Vivint appreciates this individual’s feedback. We apologize for any misunderstanding or miscommunication. All of our home automation and security equipment communicate wirelessly and customers must have an existing broadband internet connection to have cameras installed. To ensure uninterrupted surveillance the cameras require access to a standard 120V outlet and Vivint frequently provides customers with wireless routers for use with our cameras. We are committed to reaching a resolution with any and all billing issues and encourage this customer to contact our Customer Care team.
Loss
  • Electric charge

Upon installation, this made a lot of promises including upgrading equipment, no installation charges, all of their equipment being completely wireless; not true. The cameras must be plugged into electrical outlets and operate from your current WIFI system.

Within 2 days this company have without my knowledge withdrew $435.00 from credit card. Will not live up to their cancellation policy and have yet to refund my money. I am currently working my bank to have these charges reversed. I feel that I'm being held hostage by their Customer Service Managers and Supervisors.

Not getting anywhere with this company. It's a shame because I was so excited about the service they had to offer.

Stay away!

Vivint review in Galveston, Texas: Poor Customer Service

We're sorry that you had a bad experience with out company! We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry. Our customers should be able to rely on us any time, day or night, which is why our reps are available 24x7x365 to resolve any issue that comes our way. If you're experiencing difficulties with your system or your service please give us a call at 800.216.5232, or email us at support@vivint.com for assistance. We also welcome any feedback on our products and services. Thank you!
Service
Vivint Customer Care

Vivent provided free equipment to obtain my business and after staying with them for 2 years, I needed my system checked and a sensor replaced. They still provide free promotional equipment for new customers, but were not interested in checking my system and replacing 1 door sensor for no charge.

Vivent gives better service to new customers than they do to loyal customers who have honored their 2 year commitment. I plan to change providers, because I am not a captive client and I do not think I am expecting too much.

BTW - they have failed to maintain their equipment and want to charge when their is a failure of their equipment.

Vivint's reply to:

Vivint review in Newton, Massachusetts: WERE WARY WITH BAD REVIEWS, BUT WE LOVE THE SYSTEM AND INSTALL

We are honored that this customer chooses Vivint to protect and automate their home. We look forward to keeping them as part of the Vivint family for years to come and we appreciate their words of encouragement and support. Should there be any questions, our award-winning Customer Care professionals are available 24/7 at 800-216-5232.
Review

Honestly, I was terrified after reading the bad reviews. But we read our contract carefully, negotiated the terms we wanted, and got an excellent system.

We had an out of state first alert system, and I love this system. Yeah the monitoring is a little expensive, but I got all sorts of equipment professionally installed, it costs me just a little more than doing it DIY (aka myself).

We got our old system taken over, new smoke detectors installed, glass break, and a couple nice LCD color panels. I can arm and disarm the system over my phone, and it works flawlessly.

Vivint's reply to:

Vivint review in Opa Locka, Florida: WORST SECURITY CO WE HAVE EVERY COME ACROSS

We thank this customer for their feedback and for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. Each Vivint Customer Care representative is trained on all equipment, and the majority of issues can be resolved over-the-phone. Vivint equipment (excluding batteries and screens) is covered under warranty. We never charge for labor or replacement of warranted equipment. We do however, ask customers to be responsible for a service copay. This co-pay is outlined in the agreement and does not apply to certain situations. Customers are given a 120-day window after installation in which no co-pays will apply; additionally, return trips within 60-days do not have co-pays. Customers are also able to opt-in to a service plan at any time which entitles them to unlimited technician visits and free battery replacement.
Review
#391969 Review #391969 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Vivint Security System

Vivint is the worst security co that i have ever come across. These people do not provide the service that they claim they would, and when you call them they cannot solve your problems, or want to charge you a fee to come out and do the work that they are supposed to do.

It appears that neither the Technitians or the Office staff know what they are doing. You have to keep calling them over and over, with no results. To date they have not given us a permit to say that we have an alarm system with them. Our cameras have not been working for sometime, and after numerous phone calls, and talking to several persons, who seems to have no clue what they are doing, the cameras are still not working.Added to that they have the audacity to want to charge us a fee for someone to come out and look at it.

This is a recurring problems, which they have failed to rectify. Well we are not paying them any fee, and this matter will be passed over to our attorney, as we cannot continue to be in a contract where we are not getting the service that is required. This matter will also be reported to the City of Maimi Dade , as we cannot continue to accept mediocre service from these people.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS CO. TO ANYONE.

BEWARE OF VIVINT!!!!!!!!!

Vivint appreciates this individual’s feedback. The length of this customer’s agreement is most likely 42 months. We understand that customers often misplace or lose track of their agreement, as such we are able to send them a copy at any time. The cancellation terms are outlined on the front side of the contract and education of these terms is reinforced through required pre and post installation surveys. Vivint provides severe weather alerts to our customers and we are able to deactivate these at their request. We encourage this subscriber to contact our Customer Care team to resolve the issues outlined in their complaint.
Review
#391914 Review #391914 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

I SIGNED A CONTRACT NOW I CANT FIND IT.THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM, FIRST YOU ONLY HAVE 3 DAYS TO DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP IT. I THOUGHT THE SALES MAN TOLD ME 30.

I CALLED WITHIN 30 DAYS TO CANCEL AND WAS TOLD OF THE 3 DAYS .I WAS ALSO TOLD I HAD A 2 YEAR CONTRACT. I HAD TO PAY THE FULL 2 YEARS OR GET SOMEONE TO TAKE OVER MY EQUIPMENT AN CONTRACT.2 YEARS LATER I CALL TO CANCEL AND WAS TOLD NO MY CONTRACT WAS FOR 3 YEARS. SO TREE YEARS LATER I CALL TO CANCEL AND WAS TOLD MY SYSTEM WAS INSTALLED IN APRIL AND MY CONTRACT ENDED IN OCTOBER 3 AND A HALF YEARS. 3 AND A HALF YEAR CONTRACT HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING.

THE ALARM ITSELF KEPT GOING OF EVERY TIME THERE WAS A THUNDERSTORM. I LIVE IN NEBRASKA DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT HAPPENS? TOO MANY!!!!!

I HAVE NEVER ARMED THE THING IN 3 YEARS BUT I HAVE HAD TO PAY $50 SOME ODD DOLLARS A MONTH FOR IT. DONT GET THIS SYSTEM YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!!

Service
Vivint Installation
  • Pleading

Vivint review in Tampa, Florida: Good so far

We welcome this subscriber to the Vivint family and look forward to protecting and automating their home for years to come. We appreciate the feedback they have provided about their installing technician and Vivint values their feedback. Should there be any questions, our award winning Customer Care professionals are available 24/7 at 800-216-5232.
Review

Had a few issues and questions. Everyone I spoke with at Vivint has been professional - and patient.

I am totally satisfied with the way they treated me so far. Price is a little high, but otherwise a good experience.The installer had the misfortune of damaging the ceiling in my garage (foot went through it). They got busy immediately locating a contractor to repair the damage. Again, their service rep was excellent.

Took charge and followed up with me to ensure everything resolved satisfactorily.Only issue I had was getting the thermostat talking to the GoControl panel correctly. We resolve it over the phone (again, patience on their part).

We thank this customer for their feedback concerning their cancellation. Vivint requires a written notice of cancellation to discontinue monitoring service. The requirement for this notice is detailed in boldface on the front of the agreement. Customers are also...
  • John Cusack

BEWARE OF VIVINT

Review

In April 2012 Vivint installed an alarm system in my home. They applied for permit and were supposed to pay for it and have it inspected. I do have a letter from the company stating as much. Well here we are in March 2013 and it has not been done. The city sent a letter to both myself and Vivint stating that it needed to be addressed or they would take action.

I have spent hours over the past months contacting 8 different people at Vivint (you can never get the same person) I have dates when I called, as well as employee numbers and have now spent over 4 hours on the phone to no avail. I am at risk of the city telling me that I need to remove the alarm system and if I can't get something as simple as this contractor doing what they should by paying for the permit, I can only imagine the fight I am going to have on my hands if that happens and I refuse to pay the monthly fees.

I strongly recommend that you avoid this company at all costs! Do NOT use them! Buyer beware!