Equipment Quality

The absolute worst decision I made in my 40 years on this planet was answering the door 6 years ago when a young, pushy salesman came knocking. 6 years later, I'm still dealing with the headache that is vivint. I'm not joking when I say that vivint is by far the most evil company I've ever dealt with.

There are many other companies offering the same system, or the same type of system. What matters is how they treat you as a customer. Vivint sees you as a cash cow. Nothing more. Regardless of what they tell you, you cannot get out of their contract for any reason. We had to relocate to a rental unit due to my wife's job, and vivint tried to get me to pay over $1,000 to get out of the contract. For a service that they couldn't provide at that point.

The salesman actually told me that if we had to relocate, it would be no problem. That vivint understands there are circumstances where you would have to cancel. It took me months to actually cancel the contract. Then the collections letters started coming. Again, for over $1,000 for a service I couldn't use.

They have zero sympathy for your situation. I suspect that even if you die, they'll still try to find a way to make someone pay for the remainder of your service contract. That's evil.

Do yourself a favor. Never, ever, under any circumstances, sign anything with vivint. You'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vivint Customer Care.

Preferred solution: remove debt from my credit report.

• Vivint Scam