service system contract customer customer service home security house phone door
Vivint's reply to:

System not installed for three months after I had been paying for it. | Vivint review from Gilbert, Arizona

Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback and for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. After further review of this customers account the customers issues have been addressed and we are sending one of our field service professionals out to the customer’s home to verify that the system is in proper working order. Should the customer have any further questions or concerns they are encouraged to contact our award winning customer care team at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to assist.
Vivint Security System
Cons
  • Customer service
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
2.0

I moved into a house that had Vivint installed.I called and said I would keep the system. After being billed for three months I had someone come out for the thermostat.

The service man asked who installed the system and I told him it was already here and I had called that I would keep it. After being billed for three months he said it had not been installed. I was credited for the three months. Now it has started beeping and I called and was told to get a screw driver and take the front of the system off.

I could not stand and reach the back of the system. I was told it would be three weeks and I would not be able to get outside assistance until then. I also have a necklace and I have fallen three times since I have had the system. It also does not reach the outside for help now.

DON'T GO HERE!

There are other places less expensive in the area.

4.8
I have vivint wireless internet service. I got it when they first started hooking it up in our town. First month free and no installation charge. It was not consistent or reliable the first month so they gave me another month free. By the end of the month I was and...
Testimonial
Review
Pros
  • Service
  • And price
  • Their quality
Cons
  • Late night interruprions
  • Late night interruptions
Good Service, Product Quality, Good Price
Vivint's reply to:

My system is still not cancelled seven months later... | Vivint review from Crete, Illinois

Vivint thanks this customer for their feedback and for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. After further review of this customers account Vivint is showing the customer previously elected to re-new the agreement with Vivint for an additional 42 months. At this time the customer is with in terms and is not able to cancel the agree with Vivint. Vivint allows customers to transfer responsibility for their agreement and system to a third party; alternatively, the balance on the account can be paid off at any time. Should the customer have any further questions regarding cancellation they are encouraged to contact out customer loyalty department at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to further assist.
Vivint Security System
Pros
  • Contract time was fine
Cons
  • Harassing calls afterwards
Reason of review
service was to be cancelled
Preferred solution
Keep the prepaid $60 I did not use, fully cancel the account, and do not ever call or contact me again.
Tags
  • vivint harassing calls

Update by user Jan 27, 2015

After further review there is no installed system or signed agreement with Vivint; the only so-called agreement is verbal! My original agreement with Vivent was more than fully fulfilled on the house we sold.

The harassing phone calls are the reason we didn't renew with Vivint. Believe me, this company must be desperate to try to charge a retired couple for something they did not even install.

I have contacted their loyalty department many times; they do not assist. I strongly advise against anyone having any dealing with Vivint.

Update by user Jan 13, 2015

Following my "snail mail" letter to Vivint, they have stopped calling me but I have not yet contacted them to see if the issue is actually resolved. I plan to make that call in the future.

Original review posted by user Dec 12, 2014

We sold our home and moved last May. I cancelled the service, about two weeks prior to moving, by phone.

Following our move we continued to receive various calls from Vivint; each time I told them the house was sold and we no longer lived there. We originally planned to apply the two months credit we were owed (due to annual payments rather than monthly) to our new home, once it was completed. It is now December; our new house is not completed.

Vivint is calling me multiple times a day due to "late charges" from our previously cancelled account. After their badgering, there is no way that two months of credit would be worth using this company in our new home.

Vivint values this customer’s feedback and we appreciate them taking the time to submit a review outlining their concerns. We are not able to locate this customers account with the information that has been provided. If the customer could let us know the phone or...
Review
My mother in law in Delaware initially had a security system installed by Vivint back in 2009. As is standard practice in the security business, her system was installed at no cost I believe and she signed a contract for 3 years at a rate of $49.99 a month to cover the...

It's called a contract. Contract's still mean something in America.

Everyone would claim that they're selling their house and give a sob story to get out of the early termination fee if they knew it would work. What was deceptive about the terms of the renewal?

Ignorance on the part of a customer doesn't equate to deception. MAGA!!!

Vivint Security System
Cons
  • Customer service
Deceptive business practices
Full refund
Tags
  • Security Alarm monitoring

Vivint - Security System Review from Daniels, West Virginia

Vivint would like to thank this customer for their review and for bringing their concerns to our attention. Upon further review of this customers account I am showing this customer had experienced a problem with the cameras that they have in the home. We have successfully reset the cameras with the customer over the phone and are waiting on one of a field service professionals to visit the customers home to adjust the camera settings at the customer’s request.
Damaged or defective
2.0

Have had Vivant security since September of this year and have problems with it ever since have had to call about four times to complain about either the cameras or panel not working correctly , they always say they'll send but it takes a week or more to get it fixed and all that time we're without protection. Had two guys come out to fix it the day before bridge day and worked on the cameras and panel and now the camera is offline and not working and the panel also is not working correctly and keeps saying its offline, I've also not been able to use the app for the phone since then either.

Called to cancel service they were happy to do that if we could find someone to take over the contract or pay 2500.

Don't have that kind of money to pay. I'm very disappointed with the service I have gotten and will not be recommending them to anyone.

Vivint - Service Cancellation Review from Ridgeland, Mississippi

Vivint would like to thank the customer for their review and for bringing their concerns to our attention. Upon further review of this customers account I am showing the customer originally called in on 9/13 stating that she was moving and wanting to cancel. At that time the Vivint representative explain the cancellation options as well as the possibility of moving the system to the customers new home. The customer stated they would talk to their new landlord about having a system moved to the new location. The customer next contacted Vivint on 12/2 stating the account should be cancelled however it was never cancelled. The Vivint representative then explained to the customer that in order to process the cancellation of the account they would need to pay the past due amount and submit a notice of cancellation. Once the past due amount has been paid and the notice has been on file for 30 days Vivint would be able to process the cancellation of the account. If the customer has any further questions they are encouraged to contact our customer loyalty department at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to further assist.
Poor customer service

Giving is totally crazy. They tell you it's easy to cancel.

I cancelled on 9/11, got call today 12/2 service still active.

Told that because I didn't a letter that I was never told about that service is still active. They asked that I submit letter now and in 30 days, 1/2/15 I would need to call and cancel service again

I've been dealing with this company for 2 Months over our cameras. The cameras shows live feed but does not record despite there being numerous rules including if my alarm is going off. Yes, I know the camera doesn't record when my alarm is initiated, scary! I've had 2...
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Basic home monitoring for $25 a month or I want out of my contract. I'll even be nice enough to have all your *** packed and ready for you to have!
2.4
Vivint would like to thank the customer for their review and for bringing their concerns to our attention. Upon further review of this customers account I am showing that they originally contacted Vivint on the 28th of October to request the cancellation of the...
Vivint's reply to:

Moved due to Health Issues, but Company Keeps Taking Our Money | Vivint review from Utah

Vivint would like to thank the customer for their review and for bringing their concerns to our attention. Upon further review of this customers account I am showing that the account has been cancelled and they are under no further obligation to Vivint. If the customer has any further concerns or questions they can contact our customer care team at (800) 216-5232 and they will be able to assist.
Reason of review
Had to move due to health issues, but company will not terminate service and continues to collect fees.
$2052
Preferred solution
Terminate service but no refund required.

We installed Vivint in our home when a young man came over and went on for 15 minutes about how much crime there was in our neighborhood. Not long after, medical circumstances required early retirement for my husband, and we sold the home and moved to a climate that would help his health.

The buyers of our home did not want the Vivint service, and we had no one to sell it to. In our new place, a condo, we are forbidden to make any changes or installations such as Vivint. We have contacted them by phone at least eight times, but they refuse to terminate our service. On a fixed income, with limited income because of early retirement, the almost-$60 a month Vivint fee, for NOTHING, will continue on at least three more years.

They will not consider our circumstances. This is terrible business and constitutes a true hardship on us.