Automatic renewals

I was not happy with my services with Vivint in the first place, and then to learn that they had me another one year automatic renewal contract I was not happy. I want to change this law!

My alarm system had not been working for quite some time, and when I called to see what was wrong, they stated that it must be because my phone was switched to digital connection. I didn't pursue anymore because I was just going to stop paying when my contract ran out. I then found out that they automatically renewed.

So now I have no working system and having to pay for another year. Please go to https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prohibit sign the petition to not allow them to do this automatically with out notice.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint appreciates this customer’s feedback. Corporate policy has been updated since this review was submitted and situations like this are evaluated on a case-by-case basis; we invite this subscriber to contact our Customer Loyalty team to evaluate their options for upgrading their system to ensure compatibility with their new phone system.
#612061

We all need to get together and hire an attorney to go after them. They are doing shotty business and need to be stopped!!

BUYER BEWARE

Please do your homework before signing up with Vivant! They provided us with faulty equipment and then schedule a tech to come back a month after the service call was placed.

When the tech finally came, he came before the scheduled time and no one was home. When we called to reschedule, we were given yet another month before they could return. Now another piece of equipment does not work, and calls the police out at least weekly for no reason. I have attempted to cancel my contract and they refuse.

They also refuse to give me contact info of their superiors. Don't get suckered into their trap like we did. This company will not keep their contractual agreements, yet continue to take money out of my account monthly.

They are a scam!!! BUYER BEWARE!

Vivint Reply:
Vivint thanks this customer for taking the time to share their experience through PissedConsumer. It is important to us that each customer have a fully-functioning system and we apologize for any abnormal scheduling delays. This individual is encouraged to send their phone or account number to vivintfb@vivint.com so we are able to rectify any further concerns immediately.
ID

Do not sign up with Vivint!!!

Comments that I've been reading about Vivint are the same things that I have experienced. They are terrible. The system wasn't working properly and I had to have tech's coming to my home at least 6 times. Got it last year July and still some things wont work right. The tech wasnt even certified and told us he couldn't fix the problem and that somebody else will have to come in. They are to be ashamed of theirselves for not letting people cance the contract. 42 months and you have to pay it all!!!

Also they used to charge me 67 dollars wich now is 79 without any notice. We were told that we will save lots of money with this system, with the energy and insurance. We the insurance gave me 40 dollars off of the whole year. I am not saving anything. This is way to expansive, items dont work properly and I had a fals larm too!

I will never recommend them to anyone. I am trying to get out. Hopefully I will figure t out!!

Vivint Reply:
We're sorry that you had a bad experience with out company! We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry. Our customers should be able to rely on us any time, day or night, which is why our reps are available 24x7x365 to resolve any issue that comes our way. If you're experiencing difficulties with your system or your service please give us a call at 800.216.5232, or email us at support@vivint.com for assistance. We also welcome any feedback on our products and services. Thank you!

If you have only had your system since last July (2012) and it sounds like you have never received satisfactory goods or services, you should consult paragraph 4 - Buyers Right to Cancel (on the reverse of your contract) - this clause says that if you do not receive the goods and or services contracted for within 30 days of the date of the contract, you have up to one year to cancel. Write them, fax them, email them, keep a paper trail as proof of dates and lastly, protect your funds from further attack.

I have read some reviews where customers have stopped payment so this seems like another viable option for self protection. JUST DO NOT LET YOUR TIME EXPIRE FOR CANCELLATION - ACT QUICKLY - THIS MAY BE YOUR WAY OUT!!!

Best of Luck. Signed, another pissed off Vivint Victim.

ID

Horrible system!!! Go with someone else!

Don't get locked into a contract with this company. I had this installed 7/2011 and still today 2/2013, the system does not work properly.

I have had numerous techs to my home. I have made numerous phonecalls, however, the automation part and cameras still do not work even though I have to pay for these services every month! I asked to be released from the contract several times because it doesn't work properly and have been told absolutely not! They send techs that don't have time to properly fix the problems, and then they leave your home in a mess with cameras off the walls etc and tell you to call them later and they will come back when they have time to troubleshoot some more!!!

I own my own business and lose $$ everytime I have to stop to deal with this. Do you really want this kind of company protecting your home?

Product
Vivint Security System
Loss

Phone Soliciting my Emergency Contacts!!!!

I have been getting harassing sales calls from Vivint about every 2 months to "save me money" on a service I already subscribe to. Today I told them to put a note in my file to never call me for an up sell again!

The phone rep said "OK we will just call Jackie and Don..." (my emergency contacts). Whoooh WHAT???!!!! I told them they will do no such thing and if they do I will cancel my service IMMEDIATELY. The said it was a "courtesy call" to tell them about Vivant's services.

Using MY private emergency contact information provided only to be used in case of emergency as a sales call list??? I am BEYOND LIVID!!!!

Vivint scams veterans!!!

My neighbor signed up with Vivint one year ago. He is retired from the Navy and served in Vietnam.

He is now having heart problems that are requiring him to sell his house and move in with his daughter to receive care. He will no longer be able to use his service, yet Vivint is demanding he fulfill the final two years on his contract. This will total nearly $2000 for service he is not able to use. Vivint refuses to relent or make any allowance.

They insist on making a profit at the expense of our vulnerable veterans and neighbors, and their behavior is utterly shameful. Avoid and shun them at all cost!!!

Vivint Reply:

Work for vivint..we are willing and reasonable..i guarantee his situations already tooken care of

they will let him out if he needs to move in w/his daughter for medical reasons

View more comments (1)
$2000

Worst Customer Service Award

I had a Vivint home security system installed in July 2012. Everything worked well for a few months before I continually had "network failure" messages. Apparently Vivint's network signal could no longer reach my house. They made quick efforts in trying to fix the situation by attempting to install three different signal-boosting antennas, with no success.

I then called a customer service representative manager and was instructed to put in writing the situation, detailing the failed efforts to restore adequate signal to the network, and my subscription would be cancelled without penalty.

That letter was sent and never followed up by anyone at Vivint. I gave them a month to address the issue and get back to me. It wasn't until I called Vivint and spoke with a representative, that any further action was taken.

Apparently they had to talk with the technician who tried to install the three antennas, and would then get back to me in a couple days. Well, that never happened, so I followed up the next week. I spoke with another rep. and he was confident he could address and solve the issue. Apparently, they were still waiting to hear back from the technician and a manager on the issue, and would get back to me the next day. (This ended up happening three more times).

Three days later I called back and spoke with yet another rep. After being put on hold twice, she said she was going to do some "investigative work" and call me back in one hour, promised. I expressed my frustration with never being called back, and she promised she would call back in one hour......that never happened either.

The following day I called back and spoke with another manager. He excitedly told me they just got a contract with a cell phone company and could install new equipment to access their network signal, but I was past them trying to fix the signal, after more than three months of spotty service and grisly customer service, I had no interest in staying a customer with Vivint.

I expressed my frustration of how this issued was addressed and no longer wanted to be a customer with them. They no longer would grant my contract termination without penalty because of this new contract they had with this cell phone company; which they didn't have when the network signal first started failing. The only option they would give me was to have the new equipment installed with a three month reimbursement, not to terminate my account, like they initially stated. I was told if I wanted to cancel, I would have to pay the early termination fee as addressed in the contract.

I can't help but think I was being strung along and this matter stalling until this deal with the cell phone company was closed.

It's ridiculous this matter took more than three months to be addressed unfairly and I refused the installation of the new equipment and wanted my account closed. After being told I couldn't do that, I asked to speak with a manager. After being on hold for almost 10 minutes, he told me "his manager's manager" agreed to cancel my account without penalty. I however, would not be reimbursed for the three months of intermittent home security due to the fact that the termination was based on their "good faith". How ridiculous! They didn't care about what was promised and the unreliable service for the past three months; not to mention the terrible customer service I received.

Don't risk the security of your family and your house to the nonsense Vivint has to offer.

Loss

Alarm failed and I got robbed when at work

Basically vivint sucks. I came home and found my alarm ripped off the wall and vivint had not even gotten a signal that Anything happened.

I called them and they thought everything was ok. Also they only pay you a max of 1000 if something like this happens. It's hidden in the contract you sign. My house was broken into but thankfully they ran out before taking anything.

I live in the city and expect an amazing security company. Tomorrow I am calling adt and switching. They are worth the installation fee since they work!!!!

Everyone I know uses them in Chicago and now I know why. Do not use vivint if you don't want to get robbed.

Burglarized

I had many, MANY run in's with Vivint. The alarm not working, the alarm going off at odd hours of the morning, things they promised I would get in the beginning not being held true and actually not even offered through vivint.

I laid things to rest and decided to just ride out my contract. The alarm stopped going off at odd times and the extra cheapo keypads seem to be working. I started working night shift in November and came home Thanksgiving morning to find I had been burglarized. My picture window in the back of my home was busted in (THE GLASS BREAK SENSOR DIDN'T PICK IT UP) They came in through the window and carried everything out the window (MOTION DETECTOR NOT PICKING THEM UP) Being confused by all of this, the police had me arm my alarm and walk through the house something I don't routinely do when the system was armed away.

The alarm didn't sound and when all was said and done it was discovered that the two years I had the alarm, the motion sensor AND glass breakage sensor were actually not hooked into the alarm panel. my home owners insurance company actually fought ME, because I got a discount for having a house alarm, yet my home was broken into and the alarm didn't sound.

Luckily I was able to pull up my history online and prove that my alarm was on, it was just a *** alarm system, put in by a *** company. THANK'S VIVINT!

Vivint Reply:

We have used Vivint Security for about 1 1/2 years. LOVE IT.

GREAT customer service too. I had problems with another popular company so we switched and I am so glad we have Vivint now!

I am a Vivint customer and it does state in section 12 of the contract that the customer is responsible to do a monthly test of the system if not more frequently to ensure it is working properly.

View more comments (1)

Vivint Sucks

No show on the original installation date. Had take a second day off work to get only a partial installation.

It is now over a week and they cant even tell me when the rest of the system will be installed. I have made five call to request a date for the installation and they promise to get back to me with a confirmed install date. Tonight I have been hold for over an hour waiting to speak to a customer service rep to get an update on the installation date. Do not believe their marketing.

They do not provide "world class customer service". They do however provide "world *** customer service" Avoid them at all cost!!!!!!!!!!!

Vivint Reply:

The reason behind you not getting a set in stone appointment is for the fact the Washington recently updated their licensing laws. So all of the Vivint technicians are going through and getting their licenses updated in order for them to install new systems in the state of Washington.

Vivint Installation

Horrible customer service!!!!!!

Ive been with this company for a year now.. They installed and new door handle with a security code on it.

It broke, and would not unlock with the key or security code nor would it lock, so my husband tried to fix it for 3 hours and called customer service twice. They explained to us "how to fix it" and it made it worse. Both said they couldn't do anything without us paying a service fee and the soonest they could have someone out was 9 days from then. I have 2 small children and all they said was "sorry we can't do anything else for you" the customer service lady and her supervisor were some of the most rudest, inconsiderate, and unprofessional people I have ever talked to.

I can't wait till my contact is over so I never I have to do business with them again! I do not recommend this security service to anyone!

Vivint Reply:

If you want to get away from Vivint, here is how:

rive0108.hubpages.com/hub/Vunerability-in-Vivint-formally-APX-Alarm-Systems

Vivint Customer Care

This product turned off my heat while I was away

I purchased the vivint alarm and heat monitoring system in Feb 2012 for a 42 month commitment. In Oct 2012 I returned from a trip and my air conditioning was off.

A service tech came, changed the batteries in the thermostat and the system resumed. I thought there was something wrong that got fixed.I left Dec 17, 2012 for a 3 week trip. Again the batteries in the thermostat died and when I returned on Jan. 5th, my heat was off.

It had been below 19 degrees f or lower while I was away. The Duracell batteries lasted less than 3 months, so this system puts my house at risk. My house was 50 degrees f, only because the weather had warmed up the day before. I was very lucky that my pipes didn’t freeze and cause thousands of dollars in damage.

I consider this a “near miss” and I want this system out of my house before it causes more problems.I talked to Vivint on the phone on 1/5 and the tech checked and the system was set to default to 35 degrees f, it could have been set to a higher temperature but that was not done. I did not know this had to be set, or how to do it. This young man checked the system remotely and it was working fine. I requested a hotel room for the night but there was no way they would do anything for me.I customer service rep I was switched over to started lying to me about the problem, telling me the thermostat was defective, when the first tech had told me it performed exactly as set.

She also lied about calling me about this and lied about what phone numbers that are on file for emergencies.

There were no phone calls made because the system performed exactly how it was designed to. The fact that they started lying indicates they know what happened, it has happened to others and they won’t admit it was the system.

Loss

I have issues with Vivent also

I am currently trying to cancel service with Vivent just like the rest of you because of the lies and deception. BE SURE to also file a consumer complaint with the Texas Attorney General's office.

If enough people do we can get the ball rolling. The states of Oregon, Arkansas, California and Wisconsin Attorney Generals has sued them. If you go to bbb.org and check out Vivent you will see how these states have obtained refunds, and levied large fines against Vivent. Wisconsin is especially entertaining.

Check out their links especially the charges and disposition of their cases. Good Luck!

www.ihatevivint.com

Loss
I have tried to cancel my service numerous times with these people. I called to cancel and was notified that my contract was not up, I then stated that I would be canceling service and I would mail in a letter. I mailed in the letter in the time frame that was...
Amarillo, Texas

Don't go with Apex/Vivint

These people are unbelievable. They don't send you notice that the account is going to be renewed, don't tell you how to cancel the account, but graciously offer to install a new system into your new house if you move.

They claim there is no way to cancel a renewed contract without paying the full amount owed. The fine print must be really freakin' small...Whatever you do, stay far far away from these people.

I'm still in the process of trying to cancel. They have offered me a 10% discount in the "cancellation fee"...how kind and benevolent of them...