Show reviews that mention
service system contract customer service customer home security equipment phone house
Filter review

Vivnt Alarm Co.

Vivint thanks this customer for sharing their experience. We value all feedback and apologize for any issues this customer has experienced with their billing. Vivint requests all customers set up a method of automatic billing; we are able to process payments through major credit or debit cards and via electronic transfers from checking or savings accounts. Through automatic payments, Vivint is able to ensure customers uninterrupted monitoring and saves paper typically used for printing statements. Customers are also welcome to make payments in advance over-the-phone or through their online account center at any time. Alternatively, customers are able to mail in money orders or personal checks. Provided a payment is made and has cleared through other means prior to the customer's billing cycle, the account on file for automatic withdrawals will not be debited. All Customer Care professionals are trained on billing and they are available 24/7 at 800-216-5232.
ID

A saleman came to the door asking me if I would like a "Free" upgrade to my ADT alarm system.

It was a wireless key pad and he said that it would cost me nothing to upgrade and that it was the same system. I made it quite clear that I didn't want to change my alarm co.

MY MISTAKE _ NEVER The Key pad was installed and my old system disarmed and then I was told the the Company was VIVNT, a company held by ADT.

I told them I didn't want the billing on a credit card, debit card or automatically withdrawn. I wanted a paper trail (call me old fashioned I don;t want some company messing with my money). I have been attempting for several months to set up payment through my bank and have been harassed beyond belief by this fly by night out fit called VIVNT. My bank is sending a check to cover the next two months and according to the bank the address they have is the one that is generated from the Company.

As soon as the CONTRACT has expired I want the key pad out of my house.

I have had nothing but problems with thin company. NO ONE WHO ATTEMPTS TO PAY THEIR BILLS SHOULD BE HARASSED THIS WAY>

Be warned they automatically renew your contract without your consent and they use the excuse that they don't want to "interrupt" your service. You need to sent a written notice stating you don't want to renew the contract 30 days before contract expires. Good luck.

Vivint

Vivint appreciates this individual’s feedback. All billing issues and potential discrepancies are taken seriously. We apologize for any inconvenience caused on our behalf. This customer is encouraged to contact our Customer Care team to resolve the concerns outlined in their post.
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss

Please run from Vivint! There billing is horrendous! They have made multiple errors this year and refuse to take any of the responsibility for their errors.

The most recent -- we had another tech out to look at the system (note word: ANOTHER - very faulty system). I paid in FULL with a GOOD check. I get notice from my credit card that something unusual is going on. Well, it seems the billing department felt the tech was taking too long sending in the check so they treated our account as a delinquent account (yes, we were tagged as delinquent even though I paid in full at the time of service) and charged from the credit card.

I have 3 words for you - run, Run, RUN!!!

Vivant ripped me off

We're sorry that you had a bad experience with out company! We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry. Our customers should be able to rely on us any time, day or night, which is why our reps are available 24x7x365 to resolve any issue that comes our way. If you're experiencing difficulties with your system or your service please give us a call at 800.216.5232, or email us at support@vivint.com for assistance. We also welcome any feedback on our products and services. Thank you!
Loss

These people ripped me off!!!! They said I needed to cancel in writing.

I faxed it to them and then they told me I was responsible for all payments 30 days after getting my letter. I was charged for 2 months of service I never even received!! Then while trying to get my money back which I never did, the guy on the phone tried to sell me another contract and said he could give me a good deal on new equipment and would like to keep my business.

After they just stole $120 from me. They protected my home and stole money from my bank!!

Mark S. of McComb, Mississippi

"I have been very pleased with my Vivint system. Since I have had it installed, my wife and I left the country on vacation and left the kids at home with their grandmother. It was very nice to be able to look in on them while we were not able to be there. All of the functions are easily accessible right from my iPhone."
Testimonial
Vivint's reply to:

New Vivent home alarm system customer very unsatisfied!!!

Vivint appreciates this customer’s concern for the safety of their family. We share that concern which is why our technicians are available weekends and holidays to ensure that our customers are taken care within a reasonable timeframe. We apologize for any inconvenience or delay during installation. In this case, the alarm system was fully functional and would have alerted the police without the home automation equipment in place.
Loss

Company services are NO GOOD!!! Had Vivent new alarm system partially installed 10/5/12 (tech installed the door sensors then, but didn't install the door locks, as he had only black color ones in his truck and offered to order another color).

On 10/12 still no call from Vivent about the pending locks so I called and was told someone would install them on 10/17. That night the new alarm system went off alerting that the back door sensor was triggered, so made emergency call to Vivent and they said again no one could not come out before 10/17! Alarm just went off again tonight, one day later, and Vivent customer service again says they can't commit to sending someone out earlier than four days from now. They were quick to say however that I am locked into the contract even though the new alarm system is still not fully installed, and the portion that is installed has been malfunctioning for two days which is really unnerving.

Next step is to file complaint with BBB. Bad, bad, bad!!!

Vivant - Poor Customer Service- System not working

Vivint recognizes the concerns of this customer. We apologize about the issues they encountered during the installation of their system. Incomplete installations are afforded priority and we are committed to reaching a resolution. We encourage this customer to contact our award winning Customer Care team at their earliest convenience. We are available 24/7 at 800-216-5232.
$2000

I am beyond frustrated with Vivint! I ordered a security and home automation package (plus tons of add ons) from Vivint via phone and a technician was scheduled to come out and do an install on Friday 10/5.

The tech gets here and says, "Oh no, this house is too big and this is way too much work; I don't have time today. You are going to have to reschedule." So the tech walks through the house and makes a bunch of notes and assures me that the notes will be passed off to the next tech who will be coming so that I don't have to do the walk through again. So I speak with Vivant to set up another appointment. The appointment was set for 10/10.

During that conversation, and the two others I had while confirming my appointment, each service representative assured me that the notes from the previous tech were in the file and that plenty of time was scheduled for the tech to complete the job. Again, 3 people assured me of this. Wednesday morning a tech shows up at 9am and says, "This is too much work, I have another appointment at 2 and can't get this all done." REALLY?!? I am sure you can imagine my frustration at this point.

AND he doesn't have any notes and I have to do the walk through again. So he gets on the phone with his boss trying to get another tech out to my house. That didn't work, so I called Vivint myself. After 2 phone calls with Vivint (each lasting 45 minutes) another tech was sent to my house.

These guys worked until 8:30 at night; so they were here for about 11 hours. At this point they were so ready to go home and things were forgotten. Mind you, these guys were very nice and did their best, but they hadn't taken a break or eaten in 11 hours. I did offer them snacks, but they were so polite.

The tech lost the keys to my doors, so I have no keys, which wouldn't be a problem if the automatic door locks worked, but they don't. The door locks don't show up on my iphone app or on the computer. So I had to call into Vivint agin to try and get the door locks working and get a key to my door. I spent an hour on the phone with Vivant and they couldn't figure out the problem, so they emailed someone and said it would be taken care of by the morning.

They also said they were going to get me an appointment so that someone could come out and make a key for my door. Well, who has the key? Is there someone out there walking around with keys to my house? This is unsettling!

Now I have an uneasy feeling, which is the exact opposite feeling I wanted when putting in a security system. Needless to say, my door locks still didn't work in the morning, so I called back in and spent another hour on the phone. I am now waiting for a phone call back to see if they can get anyone out here or fix my locks. At this point here are my outstanding issues: My door locks do not work from my phone or commuter, I have no keys to my doors, I am getting a low battery warning on all of my window sensors (about 20) which is causing my key pad to beep, the pan and tilt camera in my daughters room that worked last night does not work anymore, and the lighting in my house is all labeled incorrectly (ie.

it is labeled mater bedroom and it turns on the porch). Nothing is being done to help me! I have spent thousands of dollars and I am having so many issues!

A tech should be at my home right now fixing this. I am beyond frustrated and this is such an inconvenience to me!

Debbie,

I completely understand your frustration with this situation. I've had the exact thing happen before with other companies, almost. Mine wasn't security related, but I scheduled appointments, and had walk through's performed, then got set aside over, and over; so I get your pain completely.

1. Technicians are dispatched automatically based off geographical location, and estimated time of the case. In other words, if tech A is 25 miles from your house, and an estimated 30 minutes from being done with his current case, and your case is scheduled at an estimated 3 hours work total then he'll get it over Tech B who is 10 miles away, and scheduled to remain at his current case for another hour.

This is a fairly new system, and it does have it's hiccups, but they're constantly editing services in the program to make it much more fluid. The older system that we were on caused too much problems, and customers, so we abandoned it; and began having our own developed to streamline everything.

I'm not making excuses for the company, I'm just hoping to assist you with a better understanding of why this situation came to be. As for the technician stating "This case is too big, I don't have time; well, I for one apologize. That is utterly wrong on their behalf. The technician could have just as easily went into the tech management suite and had his later cases rescheduled to someone else, but was probably being a greedy butt, and wanted the chance of upgrades at the next spot that he didn't think he was going to get with you due to your large pre-purchase.

This is completely unethical, and quite frankly, if you have their names, and or badge ID's, OR your service numbers for your case I will GLADLY report them to my supervisor, and have them be passed along to customer resolution so that we can get this issue nipped in the bud.

I"m not sure about other districts, but in MINE, we don't tolerate laziness, or incompetence. You go in, treat the customer with respect, and remain professional at all times, and it sounds like (unfortunately) you didn't receive any of that, and you have my entire regions apologies for that.

If you would like, I will forward whatever information you can provide to the right people, and do what I can to either eliminate those persons from their positions (we can see who serviced what, so if you get details on equipment installed, or what order they showed up in - eg. Tech 2 said rude comment about rescheduling) then they will know who to confront regarding this issue.

Please reply promptly, and give me a way to contact you and I'll do so from my company email so that you know I'm not B.S'ing you. Then we can go from there.

Again, You have my entire regions sincerest apologies, and for the most part that of the entire company. Weeding out the bad seeds is a process, but one we intend to follow through with. We hope that we can remedy this, and maintain you as a customer.

Regards,

Greg Johnson

P.S. I didn't include my company email because quite frankly I get roughly 50 emails a day from different people within the company, and sorting through 1000 hatemail messages a day titled "OMG THX U SO MUCH" then containing the complete opposite just to make me read it (had it happen before) isn't something I feel like doing.

As stated, if you leave your contact information I WILL contact you A.S.A.P regarding this, and attempt to begin resolving this for you.

I know it's a little late, but I just started with the company this week, so I apologize for the delay.

@Eliseo

Furthermore, the techs should NEVER be in your home without you being there...EVER. The companies policy requires someone of 18 years of age to be in the home during ANY system maintenance, or install.

I can't wait to get more information from you regarding this, and get the worthless people that did this to you removed from our company. It's them that give us a bad name.

I am so sorry to hear about this. Nothing is more frustrating than getting less than what you expected and deserve.

I a, an employee for Vivint and would love to help get this situation taken care of and to have you accommodated. Please email me @ anniekitchen333@gmail.com

@PissedConsumer555184

why do you have a gmail account instead of something with Vivant? sounds fishy to me

View more comments (3)
Vivint's reply to:

Vivint acknowledges this customer’s concern and thanks them for taking the time to submit a review. Our cancellation policies are outlined on the face of the customer’s agreement. Should additional clarification be required, we encourage subscribers to ask their sales...

Obviously you haven't read any if the contract. The one you signed? Remember?

If you did, the cancellation agreement is written quite clearly, and you wouldn't be writing this post.

Also, all Vivint systems have a GSM in it, a cell unit. The system works without phone line.

Before you rant, you may want to do a little research. For example, reading a contract... Understanding what the technician actually installed. Shame on you

View more comments
Clinton, New York
Vivint's reply to:

Vivint takes theft to a new level

Vivint values the service of those in the Armed Forces and we make every effort to accommodate the needs of servicemembers and their families. Upon receipt of the appropriate paperwork, monitoring can be disconnected. Customers are welcome to send paperwork via email, fax, or mail and can contact our Customer Care team at any time with questions or concerns.
ID

I subscribed to Vivint as a homeowner in Texas while stationed at Fort Hood. After receiving PCS (permanent change of station) orders to Fort Campbell KY I tried to cancel my service.

I have been trying to cancel it for 6 months, and had been reassured by their customer service rep last month that the matter was settled. My October payment came out of my bank account, just like all the rest.

I have been deployed to Afghanistan since the end of August which has increased the difficulty of trying to settle this matter substantially.

I would ask anyone considering doing business with Vivint to ask themselves: Do I want to give my money to a company that is more than happy to rip off a soldier sent to a war zone?

Moving ,service no longer needed

ID

I am moving to an apartment and I no longer need the service.The person that will be renting my house can't afford the montly payment, she is a single parent.I have ask around trying to find someone to take the system over, they either have one or don't want one.Iam in a contract with Vivint.I am moving to an apartment because my husband and I have health issues that requires both of us to get off the steps and Vivint is giving me a hard time about the contract ,things do change in peoples lives and the time has come for the both of us. .

Change your credit card number, and just stop paying. Remove sim card from panel

The alarm system will the go local only, and vivint won't be able to bill you

Vivint's reply to:

Vivint Sucks and the Salemen are LIARS!!!!

Vivint appreciates this customer taking the time to submit a review. Vivint does not install any equipment without written consent of the customer. The agreement signed prior to installation outlines the price and terms of the security system. The aforementioned terms are reinforced through a required pre-installation survey conducted with a corporate representative. We apologize for any misunderstanding or misinformation provided by a Vivint sales representative. Vivint takes claims of fraudulent sales tactics very seriously and this situation will be passed to the appropriate parties.
Vivint Installation

The salesman, Sam, was a bold-faced liar. He came up to us, my husband and I, claiming that he was NOT a salesman and that he wanted to give us a service COMPLETELY FREE, because our house is on the corner and it would beneficial to their sales.

He said all we had to do was agree to keep the sign in the yard for at least 3 1/2 years and we have a life time of free security. He kept saying "I know that it seems too good to be true, but it is real". Then he told us the techs would come the next day. Well they showed up at my door at 10pm and took an hour to install....IT WAS AFTER ALL THIS, that he drops the news that it would cost a whopping $68.99 a month for their service and we are bound to this for at LEAST 3 1/2 years.

What the *** happened to "Free"...these guys are full of it. Then to top it off, after I cancelled, they came to get their equipment but wouldn't put my old thermostats and panel back up. Talking about they couldn't be liable for any damage. Well you removed it, you should put it back how you found it.

Last but not least, they kept our old thermostat and took our appliance module. Like really...This whole process sucked. Let me not neglect to mention how it was *** on the phone with them trying to cancel.

It was like being force-fed your least favorite food. If you see a Vivint salesman, RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

Vivint's reply to:

VIVENT Pushy sales person, horrible customer service

Vivint thanks this customer for taking the time to submit a review. A system is not installed in any home without completion of a pre-installation survey to ensure the terms, length, and pricing of the service are clear. Additionally, customers over the age of 70 are provided with an extended right of rescission. Vivint does however, require written notice of cancellation.
Vivint Customer Care
Loss

A salesperson from VIVINT somehow bullied my mom to install their service even after my mother said she needed to discuss it with me. He even got her to tell him her ss# and birthday. Something I always tell her not to do. My mother even told me that he said my husband was happy that she was getting this product when in fact he knew he was selling something and didn't want anything to do with it. Basically, he lied.

Trying to cancel this service was difficult. Customer service said I needed to send something in writing to cancel it and even then it wouldn't be a guarantee that she wouldn't be billed. She didn't even sign a contract with them. I asked customer service to get the salesman to cancel the contract and she said that he might not even be in the state and long gone. So it is in our hands to make sure the service is cancelled, and even then she could be billed for services.

To clarify, my mom lives alone and English is her second language. I live in a different state and cannot police everything. Dealing with them and not having all the information was difficult and I was very upset.

Be very careful about signing up with them, because it's tricky to cancel and there's 'no guarantee.'

I had a similar interaction with them. I had my service installed 3 years ago.

I never use it, so I made the decision to cancel the service.

I contacted them 2 months ago and they informed me "you'll be charged the remainder of your contract if you cancel before your contract ends - it ends on October 2nd." So, today being October 3rd, I called today.

Now they're telling me "because you didn't cancel before your contract ended, you automatically renewed for a 1 year time period," and that I'm now under contract for a year. I've contacted management and am awaiting a call back (wish me luck...I'll be amazed if they actually do...).

Run Away from Vivint

Vivint appreciates the feedback from this customer. Accounts at least 1 year old that have been in good standing are eligible for deferment. While our smart thermostat is compatible with nearly the majority of HVAC systems, we cannot guarantee compatibility with all equipment. We encourage this customer to speak with our award winning Customer Care team to resolve the issues outlined in their review. We are available 24/7 at 800-216-5232.
Loss

It started off with a sales guy played his tricks and wanted to replace security system that I had. I mentioned that I will be moving out soon and he mentioned that I could put the system in suspend mode temporarily until I move into another house.

First of all, the system installed died in first week for battery issues and then they never installed temaprature panel because the one they got does not fit to current A/C system I have. SO I am being ripped off already and now once I moved, they are saying that they cannot put me into temporary suspend mode. I am going to call the sales guy and see if he answers the phone. Anyone want to bet what the result would be :) Try calling into their call center for move department....Average wait is about 40 minutes and they received best customer service award.

Which *** gave that after all the problems posted on internet.

Based on the problems I have, there are other great companies that offer same or better features and service which I highly recommend to consider but most importantly good luck if you are with Vivint. I told Good luck to the vivint Rep that I talked to as I dont think this company will be there for long.

Vivent

Vivint values this customer’s feedback and we appreciate them taking the time to submit a review outlining their concerns. Since this review was submitted, policy has been updated and situations such as the one clarified here are addressed on an account-by-account basis.
Vivint Security System

I contacted Vivent on June 4th to cancel my service. I had been told by a salesman that once the original contract ran out, I was month to month. That was, of course, not accurate and the small print of the contract supported the company's position that the contract automatically renews for a new 12 month period if notice of cancellation is not received "no later than thirty (30) days before the end of the original term or any renewal term." I admitted that they had a "gotcha" in the contract and agreed that I would have to pay the remaining two months on my renewed contract. However, on June 6th I faxed, and received confirmation of receipt, notice that I wished to terminate the contractual relationship with Vivent effective July, 2, 2012. I also advised them to send the bills to my address on file. Fortunately they could not access the credit card I had on file. It took them nearly a month to finally send a paper bill, after several harrassing calls because I owed for the month that they could not charge my credit card. Each time I told them that when they send me a paper bill I would send in the payment. They repeatedly tried to get a new credit card number, which I refused to provide. I am convinced that if I gave them a new credit card, my miseries would be much worse.

Yesterday I received a new bill from Vivent for a payment outside of the renewal contract. When I called customer service to inquire why I was being billed as my service was cancelled, they informed me that it was not cancelled, but was in a cancelled pending status as I was supposed to call and confirm verbally that what I had provided in writing was actually what I wanted to transpire. I got upset and told them very directly, without use of any profanity, that I wanted to have the service cancelled per my written request and that I should not have received the bill nor should I have had to contact them as a result of receiving the bill. They said that I would need to speak to someone in the cancellation department. I refused to be transferred as I did not want to speak to anyone else. (I did not want to deal with all of the retention garbage.) I told them emphatically that I expected them to be able to advise their cancellation department of my desires. They said that they could have the cancellation department call me and I very emphatically told them that I did not desire to speak with anyone from their organization, I just expected all of this to end immediately. I then terminated the conversation.

I would encourage anyone looking for an alarm system to run from Vivent!!!

I was told the same thing by their sales representatives and now I am trapped as well in a one year contract for services I no longer use since I do not live at the residence. Very frustrating to deal with.

I was told the same thing by their sales represenatives and now I am trapped as well in a one year contract for services I no longer use since I do not live at the residence. Very frustrating to deal with.

View more comments (1)
Vivint recognizes this customer’s concerns and appreciates the time they took to submit this feedback. Customers are educated on the length and monthly pricing of their monitoring agreement, customers also sign a Schedule of Protection which outlines all equipment they...
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Vivint Installation

Vivint Sucks

Vivint thanks this customer for taking the time to submit a review with Pissed Consumer. We apologize for any misinformation provided to this customer. Policy has been updated since this review was submitted and situations such as this are investigated on an account by account basis.
Vivint Customer Care
Loss

I talked this company on the phone 3 months before my contract was up after they called me and asked if I would like to renew my 39 month contract. I said why would anyone want to do that if I could go month to month, plus I am moving so I am not sure if I will need an alarm in my new house or not. Then I said do I need to do anything else to make sure it doesn't renew and he said no, just call us if you move and need a new system. Being the double checker that I am, I called in the day before I though my contract was up just to make sure everything was good. they told me that my contract was up the day before and that I needed to pay over $500 if I wanted out of my new year long contract. I was appalled. We actually accepted an offer on our house today and now have no idea if we need an alarm or not. The only thing that they could tell me is that they could extend a contract for 42 months??? They kept telling me that like it was a good thing?? I said I have been a good paying customer for many years and they have a record in the notes that I was not going to renew my contract, yet they still are going to charge me? I have read other responses saying if they do it for one person they have to do it for everyone and that is the cheapest answer ever. I can see if the company is controlled by robots how that could happen, but not with real people there. They mine as will fire their customer service department and have a NO recording when you call. Glad we never had any real emergencies because I would not trust an hourly worker with no customer service skills to be on point to call the police or fire department. I think I am going to send my $500 to them in pennies so it will give them something to do since they can't help the customers.

Thanks,