Vivint...steer clear
Vivint just rebrands Linear's 2GIG then acts as though it and the alarm.com back end is theirs when in reality they do a *** poor job installing the 2GIG system (hence numerous call backs to fix issues), and monitor the system at exorbitant rates and lock you into...

Vivint can out to replace panel with newer version, soon as they left I used this to disable the lockouts, and enable the zwave services on panel.

View more comments

Very Angry Ex Customer

We recently had Vivint installed and since day one had problems with billing. They over charged my account and when I called to fix the problem there were so many notes on the account the customer service guy was even confused.

I decided to not keep the systema nd when they came to uninstall they wired our original thermostat in wrong and now our AC is no longer working properly. We called them to see if they could have someone come fix it but since were no longer a customer its now our problem to fix. It was working just fine before they installed the system and now we are stuck having to pay for a new ac because they dont want to fix it.

Even when the system was installed it still seems like it didnt work properly then either. Im telling everyone i know not to get Vivint and will also be making a sign for my yard since we live on a busy street saying NO dont purchase the system.

Vivint Reply:
We appreciate the feedback from this individual, and thank them for taking the time to submit a review online. Vivint strives to resolve any and all billing errors in a timely manner, and apologizes about any issues caused on our behalf.

Our policy states we are not to reinstall a customer's previous thermostat or alarm equipment. This maintains the safety of our customers and employees. Our technicians are trained only on our intelligent, energy-saving thermostats and are unable to rewire any other makes or models.

Mrs. Jean Onasch

Update by user Jul 09, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a refund of $53.49 from Vivint around 7/5/13, as I had rather assumed this "processing a refund" was another of their runarounds. I would like to believe that the reimbursement means they have turned over a new leaf, but I still could not in good conscience encourage anyone to use their services.

Original review posted by user Jun 08, 2013

In June 2008, I was a fool and got hoodwinked into a five-year contract with APX Alarm, now Vivint , and have been paying for my mistake montly ever since. As I had signed this five-year contract, I did the honorable thing and held up my end of the contract despite being lied to before I signed it. More fool me…

In order to cancel the contract correctly at the end of its term, I e-mailed Vivint in January 2013 to find out the cancellation procedure, as I have read that Vivint is very crafty about avoiding cancellations. A young man named Chad responded that I was to send Vivint a cancellation letter, which I did in January 2013 (enclosed) and call thirty (30) days before June 13, 2013, the date of expiration of my contract, to finalize cancellation. I had him pinpoint the date I should call, May 15, to insure that we agreed on what date was thirty days before the end of my contract (copy of emails enclosed).

Just to make sure that I had my bases covered, I called on May 14 and got a young lady named Tracy who said I would get my last bill in June. I explained that I have been paying for upcoming service and had already paid for the last month and therefore through the end of the contract. She “checked” and agreed with me and entered the information confirming the cancellation on June 13.

Still covering my bases, I called again on May 15 and talked to Josiah, who said yes, he would put in my verification for the cancellation of my contract. I thought I had dotted my i’s and crossed my t’s so that I could relax.

At about 9:40 p.m. on that very day, May 15, however, my security alarm starting beeping in a strange fashion. When I turned it off, I saw a “103” code on it which I could not find it in my manual. I called Vivint and got a technician named Schuyler. He informed me that he could not help me, as I no longer had service with them. THEY HAD SHUT OFF MY PAID-FOR SERVICE A MONTH EARLY.

Then he told me he COULD help me “re-set” my system anyway. So he had me unplug a couple of things and plug them back in. Five minutes after we hung up, the system went down completely—it HAD been usable until Schuyler had me “re-set” it. (And I had been told by one of the people I cancelled with—Josiah, I think-- that it would still go off after my contract expired; they just wouldn’t call me to check in and report it to the police. I was delighted—a great big noise would be wonderful for scaring off would-be intruders!)

I called Vivint to get my last month re-instated on May 16, and a young lady named Hannah told me that of course it was cancelled, as I had called and cancelled it. I explained to her that my contract AND their representative in January made it clear that I was to call thirty days before the end of my contract to verify cancellation in thirty days. After we went around in circles for several minutes, she went to talk to a supervisor.

She returned to inform me that their policy had changed in March, that the moment I call to be cancelled, I’m cancelled. (Odd, isn’t it, that neither Tracy on Tuesday nor Josiah on Wednesday mentioned this change in policy to me?) I explained that I HAD paid for service through June 13th, and asked that she re-instate me until then. She said she would and was sending an email immediately to the gentlemen who would do it. This was at about 11:30 a.m.

[Thinking back, it is perfectly obvious that she never re-installed me at all because had I BEEN re-installed, the moment they went back to monitoring, someone would have called me about my non-operative system. I had a low battery warning two or three times during the five years of my contract, and they ALWAYS called to discuss it to me. ]

By 2:00 p.m., it had occurred to me that I’d been lied to so many times by this company that I could not rely on their actually honoring my cancellation on June 13th, so I called Vivint back. I asked a young man named Josh if I had been re-instated as a customer, and he checked the file. I had not, so I told him NOT to bother re-instating me, that I absolutely wanted to be canceled and done with Vivint, that they could keep my month’s payment if they would just get out of my life. I asked him to send me an email confirming my cancellation, and he did. (enclosed)

It then occurred to me that since Vivint was agreeable to cancellation before the end of my contract, thanks to their supposed change in policy in March, they should be agreeable to returning my final month’s fee of $53.49, as they had cancelled the service exactly 30 days before the end of the contract and thus abrogated the contract themselves. Therefore, if they were released from the contract stipulations, so was I; ergo, no payment required. Accordingly, on May 16, I replied to Josh’s email, requesting that he look into a return of the last month’s fee. (enclosed)

I did not hear from him, so a week later, on May 23, I emailed him again, suggesting that he pass my request on to a supervisor who actually was in a high enough position to make decisions like this. (enclosed)

Not surprisingly, I have not heard a word from Vivint one way or the other. I would appreciate your compelling Vivint to return my $53.49. It’s little enough to ask after they sucked five years’ worth of payments that I couldn’t afford out of my fixed income.

Vivint Reply:
We appreciate this customer's feedback and were honored to protect their home and family from 2008 to 2013. Vivint has had the opportunity to review this situation to better understand the steps taken during the cancellation of their account.

Jean's Notice of Cancellation was received on the 16th of January, Vivint requires the Notice of Cancellation remain on file for 30-days prior to the agreement's end date but only requests a call to complete the disconnection of monitoring service. After reviewing the account, the agent Jean spoke with on May 15th informed her that the service would be cancelled, effective that day by stating that he was "finalizing the account today." With no objection from the customer the cancellation was processed. At this time, it appeared that both parties were under the impression this was the appropriate course of action.

We apologize about the issues this customer experienced with the disconnection and reconnection of their monitoring service, and as such are processing a refund in the amount of $53.49, for the customer's final month of service.
Loss

Refused to leave property when asked by the homeowner

The sales person was on my property this afternoon, asking how many doors, windows, and other information regarding the home. He even asked my tenants to call their landlord while he was there.

After my tenants got rid of him, he went next door and got even more obnoxious with my neighbor and would not leave their property the first several times that he was asked. He finally left. Norfolk Police Department is now on scene taking the complaint from several people in the neighborhood. The so called sales person did not offer identification, however, we do have an accurate description.

Vivent needs to stay out of our neighborhood.

We do not need and do not want that kind of people coming to our door.

Several homeowners will now be putting up "No solicitor" signs on their door. Read and Heed Vivent, we will utilize every aspect of the law/legal system to keep you from disturbing our neighborhood.

Vivint Reply:
We would like to thank this individual for bringing this situation to our attention. Vivint takes all feedback seriously and has a team devoted to ensuring the professionalism and honesty of all of our sales representatives. Feedback such as this helps us to ensure that any issues are resolved quickly, and that those potentially affected by those issues are helped. Vivint provides tools to verify the identity of our employees via internet and phone; we encourage potential customers to ask for identification when dealing with sales professionals from any company.

On an afternoon, wow that one was courteous. We had one come at 9:30 PM!

I have a baby that's asleep by 830.

Isn't there a time where door to door salesmen have to stop roaming the streets??? Jeeze!

Good luck keeping them away.

My wife has had 2 visits from someone claiming to be a Vivent representative/salesperson. After each visit, we had someone try to break into our house. We contacted the police both times. The first time, the police refused to do anything. The second time, the "associates" made their presence more well known by stealing a bicycle and thermometer, trying to enter the house through a kitchen window and attempting to break out a window with a soft-faced hammer. I believe in coincidence, but the fact that both attempts happened within a few weeks of a Vivent "salesperson" showing up, proves coincidence to be unlikely. Also, the person claiming to be a Vivent "salesperson" doesn't show up until after I leave the house when my wife and son are home alone, and only between 9:30 and 10:30 which I've been assured by the police is illegal.

If the "salesperson" is ligitimate, the company is a criminal organization practicing sales by threat of harm, which is illegal in and of itself. We have been instructed by the police to call 911 if we even see a Vivent "salesperson" or if anyone knocks at the door claiming to be from the company.

UPDATE:

Norfolk Police Department took the complaint and provided us with a form called"Trespass Enforcement Authorization Request", once this is completed and submitted, if you have a trespasser on your property, simply call 911 and they will come out and arrest the trespasser. The form should be completed by the resident of the property (does not have to be the owner). Thank you Norfolk Police Department!

View more comments (2)

Vivint Security Unpatriotic / Insensitive

Vivint Security chose to saturate my neighborhood with sales representatives on Memorial Day 2013, our most solemn federal holiday, and a day given over to honoring those service members who made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation.

Vivint chose to ignore the meaning of the day and chose to ring doorbells, ask *** questions like, "Are you the homeowner? and press for a sale.

One wonders how many times they intruded upon Gold Star families today. Their gall and total insensitivity disgusted me.

It goes without saying that I chased them from my property without buying anything. In addition to not buying anything, I have decided to boycott any business that uses Vivint as its security system provider.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint values and appreciates this individual’s feedback. Sales representatives are independent and have the ability to set their own schedules- they were neither encouraged nor obligated to canvass this past Memorial Day. We apologize about any disturbance or inconvenience caused on their behalf.

Solemn Day Means Nothing

A pair of Vivint sales representatives visited my home on Memorial Day 2013. When I went to my door, I noticed that my street was "crawling" with representatives in orange shirt - Vivint sales reps.

The sales reps attempted to present a sales spiel. How in the *** could these clowns and their company be so insensitive? It was Memorial Day, for f@#k's sake.

As a retired combat veteran, I was flabbergasted by this company's insensitivity to our fallen warriors on our nation's most solemn holiday, the one day set aside to honor our war dead.

The company and its employees absolutely disgusted me.

Vivint Reply:
Vivint would like to apologize about any inconvenience or disturbance caused by a sales representative this past Memorial Day. Sales representatives are independent, set their own schedules, and are neither obligated nor encouraged by corporate to canvass on holidays.
On behalf of our organization, we would like to thank you for your service to our country.

Mr. roscoe anderson

ACCT.269**** ROSCOE OR PRECIOUS ANDERSON

I FAXED 4 FALS ALARMS BILLS TO YOU PER MICHAEL IN CUSTOMER CARE. I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING BACK FROM YOU.

I AM NOT GOING TO PAY THESE BILLS AND PAY YOU TO. YOU ARE NOT HOLDING TO YOUR END OF THE BARGAIN. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE ASAP BY THIS WEEK. I WILL BE RE-FAXIING THOSE BILLS TO YOU TODAY.

I WANT TO CONTINUE TO BE A CUSTOMER BUT I AM PISSED RIGHT NOW. PLS CONTACT ME AT 336 602-**** IF YOU NEED MORE INFO ABOUT THIS COMPLAINT SPOKE WITH MIKE IN CUSTOMER CARE AND HE GAVE THE FAX NUMBER TO FAX YOU AND ASSURED ME THAT SOMEONE WOULD HANDLE THIS SITUATION AND NOTHING BEEN DONE. I WANT THIS HANDLED THE CITY OF W-S ARE STILL SENDING BILLS.

I CHOSE YOU BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS AND LOOKS LIKE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT SERVICING ME. PLS LET KNOW WHAT YOU PLAN ON DOING ABOUT THIS.ITS BEEN ALMOST 2-3 WKS NOW.

Vivint Reply:
We're sorry that you had a bad experience with out company! We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry. Our customers should be able to rely on us any time, day or night, which is why our reps are available 24x7x365 to resolve any issue that comes our way. If you're experiencing difficulties with your system or your service please give us a call at 800.216.5232, or email us at support@vivint.com for assistance. We also welcome any feedback on our products and services. Thank you!

I haven't been particularly pleased with the response of my salesman. He apologized & got back to me ONLY after I called the company.

I talked to him one day, and he said he would call me back the next morning. Didn't hear back from him as he promised. Tried the next day, got his voicemail. No response.

Next day,same results. Struck a nerve when I called the company. Repairman did not come as he had claimed when I had an issue when they installed the system.

I WAS AT HOME WHEN HE SUPPOSEDLY "CAME BY"!! I am just about ready to call my lawyer for breach of contract, and tell them to get their stuff and repair the holes that they drilled.

Service
Vivint Customer Care

Scammed

Vivint is a *** of a business. I did not realize we were signing a 4 year contract with them.

The equipment is junk and not worth the monthly payment. I may be losing my job soon and wanted to start saving some money. Well, that won't happen with them till another 3 yrs. Stay far away from these people, slam the door in their face or don't answer it at all.

The first thermostat that was put in didn't work and then since we have 2 ac units th etop one controlled the bottom floor and the same for the bottom controling the top. Our security camera will not pick up anything at night, its basicaly worthless.

Vivint Reply:

Sounds like you are mad at yourself. Maybe you should have read the contract before signing it!

Duh!

Now your mad your gonna be jobless.. Tisk tisk

I just had a Vivint sells rep knock at my door (it's 8:30pm) the rep offered this amazing system to be installed at no cost. Said they were looking for 12 homes in my neightborhood that will benefit from the system free of charge and we would just pay monthly for the services.

The system was a $1,900 equipment that we would be getting free. When I asked what the monthly payment would be, no answer; when I asked what is the term of the contract; no answer. I felt I was not getting nowhere, so I told him no thanks, the *** Mother ***er turn around and said, "well you misunderstood, we have not chosen your house, I am sure you don't qualify for our service," but thought he would do me a favor. What an ***.

I asked him to leave and he said he would take me off the list of "potential satisfied customers." With an attitude like that and after reading the review, I am SO GLAD I close my door on him!! :p

View more comments (1)

Robin

We invited Vivint into our home after they kept knocking on the door for a solid week. We got the system working but after two weeks, their camera stopped working and my key less back door couldn't be locked from the outside.

We made several attempts to have it fixed but they kept putting us on hold and passing the buck. We even stopped the "area manager" to come see the problem and every time it was call our service department. We refused to pay until it was working. We don't believe We should have to pay for something that doesn't work.

They kept sending annoying sounds over their command center beside the thermostat until finally I removed the entire system and asked my lawyer for help. We did call Vivint one last time and asked why the police, fire department and ambulance haven't showed up to my house the minute the system was disconnected. They told us it was tamper proof. That proved to us it never was hooked up right.

On our legal advice, We went through the Better Business Bureau of Utah and asked for mediation. Vivint in response said they made several attempts to contact us. We have 3 phones and keep all our records and the only time they would call was for our monthly payment. I even had to bring in a plumbing and gas company to get my furnace to work properly because their thermostat was faulty and causing the fan to burn out on the furnace.

Our next move from our lawyer is to call Global Edmonton TV station and pay Julie Matthews and her trouble shooting team to come to Fort McMurray from Edmonton and let fellow Albertans, Canadians, and others know how a company that is suppose to make you feel secure has failed its obligation to our family. For you smart mouths, I have never had any issues for two years until Vivint was invited into our home.

Stay tuned.

Door to door salesman

Was getting to bed at 9 p.m. and the door bell rang to my surprise it was a vivint rep.

It snowing out and ive got a no solicitors city sticker on my door in plain sight. If I wanted the *** service I wo u ld seek it out dont need some one to disregard my no solicitation sign. Theres nutten I hate more than to be bothered in my own house by some *** im not wanting if I want it I seek it out like anyone else.

Now I will by a candy bar from the school kids or some girl scout cookies etc. Vivint just lost they're chance with me.

Vivint rep

I told this rep to get off my property, and he said he was going to cut me and my home off.

I do not have their system.

I called the police, and they found him around the corner.

The police indicated that he made the same threat to others in the area.

The police also indicated he did not cooperate with them and had an attitude.

I have contacted his supposed supervisor, and waiting for hear what he is going to do about his worker.

I do not take threats lightly, and will call the police if he is found in my area again.

Cancellation

First of all it was my fault for not completely reading and being locked to s 5 year contract.

Had trouble form the start, sensors would falsely trip the alarm and the batteries would die quickly, I could not change them myself because I'm a handicapped 80 year old. They would charge for the service calls to resolve these problems.

When the contract came up for renewal they did not make it easy to cancel service. Had to write and sign a letter stating the reason for the cancellation and follow up with a phone call. The request would go before a cancellation board to be approved. WTF

When I did follow up with a phone call, they claimed to not having received the first request so I sent them another one. I'll see what happens. If they claim to not having received the second and post more charges, will contact my Credit Card company and file a dispute.

Stay away from Vivint!

Very polite but extremely horrible customer service!!!

Vivint Reply:

I really don't have any complaints with the security system. It actually is very good;.

I DO HAVE a problem with their lying salesmen!!! I have had several discussions/disagreements with Vivint headquarters over things that the salesman promised. If I buy something I try to get all the facts before I sign on the dotted line. Maybe, I am naïve but if I ask a salesman a question then I expect him to answer that question honestly without a bunch of b.s and false promises, false information, intimidation, etc.

If your product is good Vivint, which it is, then it should be able to stand on its own, without having a salesman promising or claiming something that is not true. Fortunately, I am not one of the customers that was promised an I-pad for signing up. They are still waiting on I-pads that aren't going to show up.

My bank account was just debited to the tune of $300.00 for something that was supposedly at no cost. I was told that if I moved that the system would move with me at no cost - major selling point at the time. Before I moved I called Vivint and talked to their Customer Service and was told that they would honor what the salesman said. Three weeks after services were transferred I received a call from Vivint with a message. I called back and was told that I would be charged $190 for the move. I told them I had no intention of paying anything extra for the service as I was told that it would be transferred at no cost and I was told that I would not be charged, after I told them I was not signing up for half that price and for an extra year. I did pay an extra $60.00 for an extra sensor that I didn't have at my old address. I had to sign an authorization at the time for Vivint to take this money out of my account. So how Vivint did you take out almost $300 without my written authorization? I talked to one of your representatives, very nice but he knew I was pretty ticked off, and I was told that this overcharge would be refunded to me. I am waiting to see if this happens! If not maybe it's time to hand this over to my lawyer. You might want to come get your equipment at my old address after I tell the new owners the problems I have had they won't want to do business with you. You might want to study Customer Satisfaction - generally, it's beneficial to your company in the long run.

Service
Vivint Customer Care

Poor equipment and service

I have had Vivint for a year and have had nothing but non stop problems with the equipment. I have had techs out to my home multiple times for this.

I have even been told that bad equipment was installed for my particular area and the equipment would need to be upgraded. I thought this was odd since they knew it would not work properly in my area and installed it anyway... The people are polite and nice though. That is not my complaint.

It's the way they respond and the equipment performance. I feel I have wasted my money on this company and would not recommend them.

ID
There are four ways to get out of a contract with Vivint. Number one: Don't let the sales person in. Number two: cancel it within the three day grace period. Number three: Try to get some one else to take over the contract and number four, buy out the rest of the...
Brigantine, New Jersey

Fraudulent Charges

Upon installation, this made a lot of promises including upgrading equipment, no installation charges, all of their equipment being completely wireless; not true. The cameras must be plugged into electrical outlets and operate from your current WIFI system.

Within 2 days this company have without my knowledge withdrew $435.00 from credit card. Will not live up to their cancellation policy and have yet to refund my money. I am currently working my bank to have these charges reversed. I feel that I'm being held hostage by their Customer Service Managers and Supervisors.

Not getting anywhere with this company. It's a shame because I was so excited about the service they had to offer.

Stay away!

Vivint Reply:
Vivint appreciates this individual’s feedback. We apologize for any misunderstanding or miscommunication. All of our home automation and security equipment communicate wirelessly and customers must have an existing broadband internet connection to have cameras installed. To ensure uninterrupted surveillance the cameras require access to a standard 120V outlet and Vivint frequently provides customers with wireless routers for use with our cameras. We are committed to reaching a resolution with any and all billing issues and encourage this customer to contact our Customer Care team.